Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: POSSESSED  (Read 11882 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:POSSESSED
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:52 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2004, 02:56:10 PM »

I love Arizona.  It is so beautiful.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2004, 02:59:02 PM »

This morning I helped Keith move the very large plasma screen TV from our bedroom to the other side of the house.  It wasn’t so heavy as very awkward for me.  My arms and hand were just too small to get a good grip on it.  I knew I hurt my back a little.  Half way on my walk it began to bother me.  Now it is even difficult to use the keyboard.  Keith will have to move it back by himself.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2004, 03:05:16 PM »

Welcome to your new home, BK.

Some favorite home-songs to celebrate the occasion:

"Welcome Home" (from Fanny)
and
"Home" (70 Girls 70)

Others?

"A Place Called Home" from Alan Menken & Lynn Ahrens' A Christmas Carol (recorded by Liz Callaway, produced by BK)

"Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home" from St. Louis Woman

"Home" from The Wiz, Maury Yeston's Phantom and Disney's Beauty and the Beast, as well as others

and finally:  "Keep the Home Fires Burning" (almost a BK reference!) from Oh! What a Lovely War, Swingtime Canteen and Darling Lili
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2004, 03:06:27 PM »

and that favorite (hopefully not true for BK), "The Swamps of Home" from Once Upon a Mattress
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2004, 03:08:26 PM »

...And possibly even "The Mason" from Working - "He builds a house..."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2004, 03:14:56 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from Staples, and from shipping my four boxes 'o' stuff back home to Richmond.  The boxes were actually lighter than I thought.  Unfortunately, I forgot that since I'm shipping across 8 zones - in UPS talk - the price was a little higher than I thought it would be.  -The last time I had shipped a bunch of stuff it was from Florida to Virginia - only two zones involved.  In any case, the boxes should be on their merry way this afternoon, and they should be in Richmond a week from today.

At least Staples has their shipping center set up so that the customer can do all the "work" in regards to filling out the forms, weighing the package, etc.  I have no idea how long it would have taken had I waited for any actual "help".  Ah, well... But I've always liked doing the work on my own anyway.

On the way out of the Staples, I noticed a row of three stores along one strip of the shopping "center".  It turned out to be three small Filipino food places - two counter/steam table places, and a bakery.  Thankfully, I had had lunch before heading out, or I know I would have stocked up on pan de sal, pan de ube, hopia, siopao, halo-halo...  Translation: Carb Heaven!  -But there's alway tomorrow.... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2004, 03:23:24 PM »

DR Laura, you are a good photographer.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2004, 03:25:52 PM »

Hey do you guys who watch Big Brother or TAR wanna place some bets on who will win tomorrow night?

As for TAR, it's a bit hard to predict, but I'm going with Colin and Christie.

And for BB, let's try to predict how the votes will go:

I will say:
For Drew: Diane, Marvin, Jen, Will
For Cowboy: Karen, Adria, Nat

Actually those are just guesses. It is very hard to know. I just think Drew will win.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2004, 03:27:27 PM »

BK very nice pics of your new home.  I hope you are happy there.  My favorite part was the pool!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2004, 03:28:58 PM »

and that favorite (hopefully not true for BK), "The Swamps of Home" from Once Upon a Mattress
Gluggle-uggle-uggle!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »

BK, nice new home photos...particularly the pool...perhaps you should have one of your HHW gatherings in the backyard serving martinis!

Jane

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2004, 03:45:38 PM »

BK, nice new home photos...particularly the pool...perhaps you should have one of your HHW gatherings in the backyard!

Yes, next time we are in town.

Bruce is a pool service included in your rent?

Danise

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2004, 04:24:06 PM »

Evening all!  Burrr, believe it or not, we are having our first kiss of fall.  It’s been dreary and windy and overcast all day long.  I understand that it is partly due our pal Ivan.  Yes, dear ol’Ivan did a bit of a turnaround and decided to visit us once again.  

He also decided to bring along a little souvenir of cool air on his return.  

Kind of matches my mood.  I find myself a bit depressed as the lady at works retirement grows closer.  I know she worked hard and deserves it but I will really miss her.  The new lady is nice but she’s not her.  

A dog found us yesterday when I took B & B for their walk.  I certainly didn’t find her.  I just looked back and there she was!  Despite my repeating, “Go home!”, many times, the only home she went to was mine!   I had to take her back and knock on a lot of doors before someone claimed her.  I’m so glad the story had a happy ending.  I could not handle three dogs.  

She was a cute little thing.  Still a bit of a puppy.  Tan with white paws and a blaze chest.  

The chair went back to the store quietly.   Not that I really expected any trouble out of it.  

I’m just glad your ok, Panni.  That is the most important thing.

I hated that HP computer that just died.  I was actually glad that it broke down and gave me the excuse to buy this Sony computer.  Every time I turned it on it warned that I should make sure I had everything backed up because the hard drive was going to crash.   One fine day it did just that!

I like the new house, Bruce.   Make that home.  :D

I didn’t watch the award show last night.  It rarely matters to me who wins what.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2004, 04:56:56 PM »

I have my car back -- all fixed. (I posted a long post about what happened, but - to be at one with the TOD - hit not one but TWO wrong keys at the same time and Quit AOL. The whole story was gone and I ain't writing it out again. Let's just say that the right part of the fender was no longer attached to the body of the car. Got the picture?) Anyway, the job was done in two hours for $60! That's right - sixty dollars. My wonderful landlord took me to his body shop and the owner said that it was a $200. job but he'd do it for sixty because of my landlord. And he did - and my landlord took me home andf brought me back to pick up the car. Amazing! Nice people.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2004, 05:04:07 PM »

Whew!  What a day!

Lovely photos of the new home environment.  Remember MRBK, you must get a NEW broom - don't take an old broom into a new house - and a new box of salt.....otherwise, you won't be there long!

Didn't watch much of the Emmy Awards....couldnt' get excited about it since I haven't watched much television this year....maybe next year!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2004, 05:04:28 PM »

Winifred....Winifred.....Winifred........

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2004, 05:07:14 PM »

"Welcome Home" (from Fanny)

Another "Welcome Home" is from Pippin.

Also "Making a Home" from March of the Falsettoes
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2004, 05:18:13 PM »

Whew!  What a day!
  Remember MRBK, you must get a NEW broom - don't take an old broom into a new house - and a new box of salt.....otherwise, you won't be there long!

I firmly believe that the broom superstition is put out by the broom making industry. You can't go around throwing out perfectly good brooms each time you move! I say - if you get a new broom - great - a new broom is always nice to have. But if you don't, that's okay, too.
I gave bk bread and salt - which is the European (Hungarian Jewish, at any rate) form of ensuring health and happiness in a new home environment.

Panni

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2004, 05:20:08 PM »

The butter sculpture is incredibly weird and wonderful. DD sent me photos of the Museum of Marzipan in Hungary. They have Marzipan Muppets and everything else you can think of. I wanted to eat every photo.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2004, 05:26:03 PM »

I didn’t watch the award show last night.  It rarely matters to me who wins what.  

I don’t believe the Sci-Fi channel was represented in the nominations.

I’m so relieved you found the puppy’s home.  Don’t forget where she lives-chances are you will need to know in the future.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2004, 05:26:09 PM »

Now what, pray tell, does one do with one's butter head after the competition is over?

Save it for the corn roast.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2004, 05:31:16 PM »

Panni I think your neighbors are wonderful. :)

I keep forgetting to post my photos of the marzipan factory.  :-[ Remind me tomorrow if I forget again.  The place was marvelous, even if you don’t enjoy eating marzipan.  

Ben

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2004, 05:44:38 PM »

Danise, your card arrived this afternoon. Thanks for the nice thought!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2004, 05:47:59 PM »

Jane and Jennifer: Thanks. Arizona is a lovely place. Today it didn't even hit 90F.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2004, 05:58:48 PM »

Taken in the picturesque town of Szentendre--30 miles up the Danube from Budapest.  The marzipan capital of Hungary, the Marzipan Museum was a varitable cornucopia of sights, sounds, and school-children-up-the-yin-yang!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2004, 06:03:44 PM »

CHAT IS OPEN...WHERE ARE YOU?

George

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2004, 07:03:07 PM »

I left work early and did some errands, so I wasn't able to come into chat until now.  Come in!  The water's fine!

George

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2004, 07:03:41 PM »

and chat is still going!

George

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2004, 07:19:37 PM »

And going...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up