Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LONGEST DAY  (Read 3129 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: THE LONGEST DAY
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »

No...   PAGE 3!       :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »

Here's a good bit of news for the top of the new page: I got a job today!

I moved to the Midwest this year because my husband got a job here, and while I love it here, I had to leave a job back East that I really enjoyed. I have been looking for work in arts administration, but the pickings have been slim.

I got a job offer today for a Monday start. I will be working at a firm that assists the underprivileged and immigrant communities in applying for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act. Open enrollment starts November 15 and runs through February 15. I don't know if there will be funding for my job after that date, but I will be performing a meaningful service for people who desperately need it, and for that I am very thankful. It is 32 hours per week, so 4 days out of 5. I couldn't be happier!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 01:56:53 PM »

Congratulations, DR slipdraw, on the new job!   I hope it will be every bit as interesting and rewarding as you hope it will be!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »

Congratulations!  If the job is short lived it may still lead to something even better.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »

Thanks, DR Ron Pulliam!     :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »

Interesting breaking news on the marriage equality front...
http://goo.gl/n5aONI

It is worth noting what the dissenting judge wrote.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2014, 02:19:05 PM »

Thank you to DRs JRand, Elmore, George, and Jane for the vibes for Richard.  Our family doctor knows exactly where to push and how to bend an extremity to find your pain (team physician for Middie football).  He diagnosed Richard with bursitis and prescribed Prednisone and pain killers.  If he's not improved by Monday we're to go for an x-ray and back to the doctor.  I was advised not to take apart the New York trip - yet.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »

Vibes the trip will not need to be canceled!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »

I moved to the Midwest this year because my husband got a job here, and while I love it here, I had to leave a job back East that I really enjoyed. I have been looking for work in arts administration, but the pickings have been slim.

I got a job offer today for a Monday start. I will be working at a firm that assists the underprivileged and immigrant communities in applying for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act. Open enrollment starts November 15 and runs through February 15. I don't know if there will be funding for my job after that date, but I will be performing a meaningful service for people who desperately need it, and for that I am very thankful. It is 32 hours per week, so 4 days out of 5. I couldn't be happier!

Congratulations, Singdaw!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

I received an email "Weather Alert".  I have no idea why I received this or why the fact it might drizzle this afternoon is worthy of an alert.

George

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »

Jane, you just reached a major milestone/millstone/Goldstone!!

And then passed it!  It's not the 4-zeros, but it's at least palindromic. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2014, 02:35:09 PM »

Congratulations to DR Singdaw!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »

From DR George:
I just watched "Winter's Tale" on HBO.  I re-read the book earlier this year.  I read it in high school and didn't remember much of anything about it.  The movie really doesn't have much to do with the book...just basic moments and characters' names.

Was the book much better than the movie?

Much...and it's much, Much, MUCH (that's three muches) longer than the movie.  The book was somewhat convoluted and at times hard to follow, but I enjoyed it.  Also (and I've posted this before), the woman that Peter Lake falls in love with has a British accent, but she's from America.  They did have a throw-away line that she lived in England when she was young, but to me that's not enough for someone to keep a British accent, especially when EVERYONE ELSE that she's living with and interacting with is American.  Even though the actress is British, why couldn't/didn't they have the actress use an American accent??  They do it all the time.  That just didn't make sense.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »

Well, that's good news indeed!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »

I am very sleepy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »

Back from the radio show - I'll have a link to it later tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to have an early dinner (probably at The Cheesecake Factory) and then seeing an early performance of a show - should be home no later than eight tonight.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »

Vibes the trip will not need to be canceled!!!

Thank you, Jane - I'm very on-edge about it...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »

Very good news DR SINGDAW....they are lucky to have you.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »

Good advice from the doctor DR GINNY.

Did you tell the doctor that he would have to deal with MR BK if you had to cancel your reservations to the NYC Kritzerland Show?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »

The Cheesecake Factory is the most caloric restaurant in LA.  Even the simplest things are over 1000 calories - it must be the portions they serve.  The dishes I enjoy are amongst the most outrageous in terms of calories - the farfalle with roasted garlic and chicken is almost 2300 calories - the lunch size is better at 1800 or something stupid.  My chicken with cashews on white rice is around 1800, too.  I just actually don't understand it.  If you have the simplest salmon then you get away with 700 calories, but that same simple salmon elsewhere would be 300 calories.  Of course, the calorie count is unofficial - the restaurant itself has never provided such information.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »

Jane, you just reached a major milestone/millstone/Goldstone!!

And then passed it!  It's not the 4-zeros, but it's at least palindromic. :D

LOL As usual I hadn't a clue.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »

Did you tell the doctor that he would have to deal with MR BK if you had to cancel your reservations to the NYC Kritzerland Show?

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »

Congratulations!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »

Why do you think I'm so edgy?  ;)

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2014, 03:11:55 PM »

:)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »

Thanks for the laughs.  I needed them.  I have another family member in need of some major health vibes. 

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »

Major health vibes to DR Jane's family member!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »

Thank you.  She has a long road ahead of her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up