Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IN JUST NO TIME AT ALL  (Read 4197 times)

Jennifer

Re: IN JUST NO TIME AT ALL
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »

I am the cleanest person around. I took 7 showers yesterday and six the day before. :)

;D

I'm glad you are improving.  The only suggestion I can add to what you have been doing is to sleep as elevated as possible.  I am still coughing from my cold but not sleeping upright as I was at the worst stage of it.

Sleeping is the worst.  I always sleep elevated. But i have barely slept the last 3 nights and I am a good sleeper.

The only way i can sleep is completely sitting up which is hard to do in my bed.  I really hope that i am able to sleep tonight.

It has worked its way up into my chest. I have Vick's vapor rub which feels nice. It is bad if i cough.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »

I am reading about the play DR GEORGE wrote about, I think I will buy and copy and suggest it for us in 2016.

Great!  I hope that I get to be in it in 2015. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »

Right, you have a water bed.  It is difficult enough sleeping upright in a regular bed.  Is your cough loose? 

Jane

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »

I am reading about the play DR GEORGE wrote about, I think I will buy and copy and suggest it for us in 2016.

Great!  I hope that I get to be in it in 2015. :)

George I would try to see you in it though I expect the timing won't work.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

Right, you have a water bed.  It is difficult enough sleeping upright in a regular bed.  Is your cough loose? 

Not sure what a loose cough is.  I am actually not coughing much. But when i do my whole chest kills.  I am dead tired. So i am really hoping that i am able to sleep tonight.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »

If it hurts that much it sounds like your chest is tight vs everything moving around, or coming up.  That isn't good.  A humidifier at night might help.  I personally prefer a warm one vs the more common cold style.

Just continue to drinks tons of liquids & avoid dairy and let it run its course.  However, if your chest continues to hurt when you cough I suggest having a doctor listen to be sure there isn't a problem.  I wish I could explain to you what it feels like.  I have had problems most my life so I know when to be concerned. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 03:46:34 PM »

It's been a rather strange day.  I did accomplish a few things, but nothing of note.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »

Just had a couple of small errands this morning.  So those are taken care of.

RE: THE PARTY
DR CILLA LIZ - it's a good thing you don't play the piano.....it would be too difficult to get it into the car.

Maybe they are going to have a quartet play a song or two.....but it doesn't sound very polite to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzxrQ6ZaR8

LOL>, I do play the piano.  No, they are going to have people read a haiku while Jamie accompanies them on his string bass.  I'm sure she's thinking we could have flute and bass, but it isn't that easy.  I can improvise, but I really don't want to.  I'm kind of at the point that I don't want to go at all.  We'll see

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »

Just had a couple of small errands this morning.  So those are taken care of.

RE: THE PARTY
DR CILLA LIZ - it's a good thing you don't play the piano.....it would be too difficult to get it into the car.

Maybe they are going to have a quartet play a song or two.....but it doesn't sound very polite to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzxrQ6ZaR8

Love I Took my Harp to a Party

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »

All day long I thought it was the 19th.  I knew it was Thursday but had the date wrong.  I do that a lot.  There are days I wake up and don't know what day it is and there are times before I go to bed I have to stop and think whether I have to go to work in the morning.  I think that's more because I'm being more flexible with my work hours and may sleep in later when I don't have an appointment in the morning

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »

DR George your evening sounds like fun.  I hope you are able to audition for the show in February.

Thanks, Jane.  I'll let everyone know as (or if) it happens!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:25:22 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 04:31:47 PM »

Stephen Collins is on Entertainment Tonight. It's a story about his "confession"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »

I have spent the entire day thinking it's Friday. I wish it were because I have a Friday appointment at Battery Park tomorrow at noon that I would rather pass on.  It's at the NY Film School and we're doing a promotional video for Christmas Up The Holler.  It's a schlep I'd rather not make, but I do look forward to seeing everyone.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 04:46:58 PM »

Keith received a package from Amazon today.  We are guessing it is a gift but there isn't any information with it and nothing about how to return it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »

My attachment to old clothes is that I want to lose weight......I did finally donate my 32" waist pants, medium shirts, and size 42 jackets to the theatre. 

Sometimes it is odd to play a scene with someone wearing something that had been in my closet since the late 20th century.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »

Ok, page 3 just won't do

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »

so I guess we need a bit of a frenzy

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »

JRand, I can see where it would seen strange to see your clothes, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »

I once took a crazy t-shirt to good will, someone bought it at the good will store and gave it to Paul, because it was so strange....he wore it to coffee one day and I almost did a spit take when I saw it

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »

We did discover it had to be the one I took in

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:38 PM »

I do not understand page three.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 05:22:51 PM »

So, I'm hoping for snow

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2014, 05:24:47 PM »

The new cat sitter stopped in tonight.  I'm only going to be at my parents' house for about 36 hours, so I decided to just have her check on them and feed them and not give Callie her meds this time.   I want them to get used to her.  I really never have people over, so it's a process for them to get used to someone. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »

Boo followed us all over the house and then stood at the top of the stairs and glared down at her, lol.  Good grief

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »

Today a guy came to look at the place on the roof I'm concerned about.  Yikes, it will cost a lot to fix it, but it's the roof, I need to fix it.  So, he's going to send a couple guys out as soon as the weather permits.  He gave me a quote on a new roof.  Not ready for that.  The slate is only 80 years old. It should have a good 20 years left in it  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »

Hmmm Don't know what else to say

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

I finished up a song when I couldn't sleep last night, and I've been finessing it most of the day, and it's going to be in the January young person's show - sung by Sami, as the opening number.  I've been working on this damn thing on and off for nine months.  The music came right away, but the lyric had to be very specific for the character who'll ultimately sing it - but that character has been developing over the last six months.  I guess I can spill partial beans and say that I'm creating and writing a one-person show for Sami about a fourteen-year-old girl.  This grew out of a monologue I wrote three years ago for Melody Hollis.  It was really funny and they'd come to me because they could not find any good monologues for that female age group and certainly nothing funny.  So, I began to think about expanding that into a series of monologues, which I then began to do.  But then I put it aside when I stopped working with her (thanks to her mother), and started thinking about it again at the beginning of this year.  I still liked the idea and I talked to Sami and her mom about it and the challenge it would be and Sami was very up for it.  So, we've done a bunch of meals and I've asked her lots of questions and out of that has grown about nine monologues so far, but it's also morphing into not just spoken monologues, but also songs, some of which I'm putting in the show because they're perfect for it (like Annie), and most of which I am writing as I go.  At some point early in 2015, we'll do a private reading for friends and see how it feels.  The structure is everything - right now it's just a bunch of monologues and songs and I have to sequence them and make sure there's a build and flow.  If we succeed with this, I think it would be very popular as a performance piece for talented young people, and the monologues themselves can be excerpted and used singly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »

This page has been here far too long.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »

Whereas the people who should be posting on this page have been her far too short.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:02 PM »

And still we're on this page.  Is this page trying to Gaslight me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up