Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DAWN'S CRACK  (Read 3923 times)

Cillaliz

Re: DAWN'S CRACK
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:09 PM »

From DR Cilla:
Ok, I went with the friend who will host the NYE party and another friend to see Wild.   I liked it, but liked the book much better, they both liked the movie better than the book.

Interesting, especially since I expect this to be one of the rare occasions when I prefer the movie to the book.

I am most curious to see what the plaza area of Ashland looks like.  I read that between scouting Ashland to film and the actual filming of the town scenes our "beautification" project was completed.  I can't express how dreary the "beautified" area looks.  Before filming the scenes they had to brighten up the area to make it look more like it originally did.

There's not a lot of Ashland.  She's on the street, in a store, in a restaurant and in a place that has music.  There were some shots of town, but not a lot of them.

A bit disappointing but thanks for the detail.  I will be prepared when I see it.  I thought they might have captured the charm of Ashland.

Well, you can still tell  it's a charming town. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »

Good

Jane

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »

2014 was an interesting year for me.  The highlights were really the time I spent with family and friends.  The lowlight was all the craziness that happened when I applied for the judge job and Edith walked out...but....the funny thing is it sort of turned into a highlight because I realized what I definitely don't want in my life.  I'm happy.

It is interesting how sometimes not getting what you want makes you realize you didn't want it.  At least you didn't realize after getting it ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »

Boy you can say that again. 

Jane

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »

I'm glad I made a quick trip down to the mailbox before it turned completely dark.  There was a package from Bryan.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2014, 06:04:53 PM »

Ginny, love the new countertops. They look similar to the material mine are made of and I love them. I think you're going to be very happy, especially with the new 4 feet of counter space

Thanks, DR Cillaliz!  They're HiMac, a solid surface material similar to Corian.  I picked this material for the color.  That long expanse is going to be nice.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »

From DR Cilla:
Ok, I went with the friend who will host the NYE party and another friend to see Wild.   I liked it, but liked the book much better, they both liked the movie better than the book.

Interesting, especially since I expect this to be one of the rare occasions when I prefer the movie to the book.

I am most curious to see what the plaza area of Ashland looks like.  I read that between scouting Ashland to film and the actual filming of the town scenes our "beautification" project was completed.  I can't express how dreary the "beautified" area looks.  Before filming the scenes they had to brighten up the area to make it look more like it originally did.

There's not a lot of Ashland.  She's on the street, in a store, in a restaurant and in a place that has music.  There were some shots of town, but not a lot of them.

A bit disappointing but thanks for the detail.  I will be prepared when I see it.  I thought they might have captured the charm of Ashland.

If I remember correctly from listening to the book, Cheryl had quite a time in Ashland.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2014, 06:09:32 PM »

LOL Yes she did.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2014, 06:23:43 PM »

Took a break from Judgment at Nurmeburg and am watching a new movie called Inherent Vice from the director of The Master, which I thought was horrid.  This does have its, how shall I say, outré amusing moments here and there, but boy is it weird for weird's sake - I think I know what he's trying to do, but while I'm sure it works for him for the viewer not so much.  And I really cannot stand the leading man and everyone is mumbling up a storm.  There's some fun 1970s decor, but most of the way the film is shot you don't even know what the rooms or places look like.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »

I think I'll go to Gelson's in a bit and do my big Do shopping - I've made a list so I don't forget anything, because after tonight it's going to be impossible to get anywhere near there.

Michael

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »

I'm still waiting for "Herringbone."

So am I. I sent them my info again even though I haven't moved.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »

Karen Prunzik, the original Anytime Annie from 42nd Street and who was briefly married to its producer Mr. Merrick, is a Facebook friend.  She teaches dance and tap to kids and puts on lots of shows.  She posted her kids doing Be A Santa from a few years ago - done to my version of the song from A Broadway Christmas, where it was sung by Michelle Nicastro and Guy Haines.  It was fun.  But in looking at it on you tube, I saw there were all these other versions of it with both kids and adults.  Curious, I clicked on about eight of them and every single one either used our recording or copied the arrangement exactly including Nikki Harris's tap dancing.  I was mind-boggled needless to say.  Wouldn't it be nice if people either had to pay a royalty to use the chart and arrangement or, at the very least, acknowledge the people who slaved over it.

Can't you ask Youtube to take them down due to copyright infringement?
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »

Took a break from Judgment at Nurmeburg and am watching a new movie called Inherent Vice from the director of The Master, which I thought was horrid.  This does have its, how shall I say, outré amusing moments here and there, but boy is it weird for weird's sake - I think I know what he's trying to do, but while I'm sure it works for him for the viewer not so much.  And I really cannot stand the leading man and everyone is mumbling up a storm.  There's some fun 1970s decor, but most of the way the film is shot you don't even know what the rooms or places look like.

I thought this sounded a little familiar.  Josh Brolin was a guest on David Letterman's pre-Christmas episode with Darlene Love's annual singing of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" last week.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »

And on that note (C-natural), I'm leaving work and going home.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »

Ginny, love the new countertops. They look similar to the material mine are made of and I love them. I think you're going to be very happy, especially with the new 4 feet of counter space

Thanks, DR Cillaliz!  They're HiMac, a solid surface material similar to Corian.  I picked this material for the color.  That long expanse is going to be nice.

Mine is..I can't remember but it's also similar to Corian.  I love it

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »

From DR Cilla:

If I remember correctly from listening to the book, Cheryl had quite a time in Ashland.

Yup, that made the movie

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2014, 07:28:16 PM »

Boy you can say that again. 

And again and again.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »

Karen Prunzik, the original Anytime Annie from 42nd Street and who was briefly married to its producer Mr. Merrick, is a Facebook friend.  She teaches dance and tap to kids and puts on lots of shows.  She posted her kids doing Be A Santa from a few years ago - done to my version of the song from A Broadway Christmas, where it was sung by Michelle Nicastro and Guy Haines.  It was fun.  But in looking at it on you tube, I saw there were all these other versions of it with both kids and adults.  Curious, I clicked on about eight of them and every single one either used our recording or copied the arrangement exactly including Nikki Harris's tap dancing.  I was mind-boggled needless to say.  Wouldn't it be nice if people either had to pay a royalty to use the chart and arrangement, at the very least, acknowledge the people who slaved over it.

Especially since you said there's stuff you added.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »

Loving your kitchen transformation, DR Ginny!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »

Went to an amazing one man show tonight. Well, one man and a pianist. It was part cabaret, part theatre-piece, about the winter solstice. He collected songs from pop, Broadway, and classical, then interwove them with poetry about winter and the solstice. It was very theatrical, very funny, and very well done - a delightful evening. He used several songs from Celebration, which I did in college, so it was fun to reconnect with those numbers.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »

{{{DR elmore3003}}}

KevinH

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2014, 08:11:01 PM »

DR Ginny:  DR Kate and I agree that your kitchen looks great !

KevinH

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »

I went shopping and bought a lot of gift cards at Wegmans supermarket.  That turned into an ordeal. I was using a new credit card and I guess that set off fraud alarms.  The credit card company wanted to call my home number and leave a four digit code.  Since I'm not sure how to retrieve messages from my answering machine the alternative was to leave the code with a relative with the same last name.  So the called my brother's house and spoke with my sister-in-law.  She called me and then I called the credit card company.  The supermarket manager tried again. It didn't work.  Had to call again. It finally worked.   

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2014, 08:29:44 PM »

Thank you, DRs Singdaw, KevinH, and Kate!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »

Las Vegas:
Paris:

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »

Went to an amazing one man show tonight. Well, one man and a pianist. It was part cabaret, part theatre-piece, about the winter solstice. He collected songs from pop, Broadway, and classical, then interwove them with poetry about winter and the solstice. It was very theatrical, very funny, and very well done - a delightful evening. He used several songs from Celebration, which I did in college, so it was fun to reconnect with those numbers.

I was Potemkin in a production in college

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:19 PM »

I was Potemkin in a production in college

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »

Page 4..... really?

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up