Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO BK  (Read 4125 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO BK
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 09:21:36 AM »

Last night we watched the first two episodes of the excellent new PBS show Grantchester.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2015, 09:31:43 AM »

DR John your story is just strange ;)

Yeah, but I'll never forget that day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2015, 09:43:05 AM »

LOL That's for sure.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »

Good morning - today is basically all my clean up work of two years or so on this musical project.  Considering I have no clue what I'm doing, I think things are coming around nicely. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »

Nice things happen for nice people DR VIXMOM!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2015, 10:14:33 AM »

I just got the production notes for ANTIGONE......my Tiresias costume is a replica of Obi Wan Kenobi's robe from STAR WARS...which I think is most excellent.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »

I think you will have fun wearing this.

John G.

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »

I just got the production notes for ANTIGONE......my Tiresias costume is a replica of Obi Wan Kenobi's robe from STAR WARS...which I think is most excellent.

We expect photos, Obi Wan.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2015, 11:10:41 AM »

DR Jane and whoever else watches the Mentalist. Only 4 episodes left! :(

And OMG the preview for next week!??!!!

I will be sorry when the show ends, on the other hand I am loving this season-best ever.

I am loving it too. They got rid of the one annoying woman on their team last year. I do miss Rigsby and Van Pelt though.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:49 AM »

I am home from City Center. It was nice to see Joshie and his two assistants Elise and Elly.  They have a lot to accomplish for tomorrow;s sitzprobe at Carroll Studios.

Nice costume, DR JRand64!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »

Yesterday we went to the  Village Inn in Titusville for dinner it was recommended to us by an employee at Kennedy space centre

When we got there it was packed apparently Wednesday is free pie day and everyone was there for the free pie

Last night, Anthony's was packed because so many others also had the $20 off coupon.  I was told that it would be about an hour before we could get a table (since I didn't think about making a reservation), so we went into the bar and it wasn't even five minutes before a waiter came and gave us menus.  The coupon expires today, so I can't imagine what it'll be like tonight. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2015, 12:26:26 PM »

Emergency cold-be-gone vibes to Vixmom!!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:17 PM »

Speaking of space rides when we were at the astronaut hall of fame they had a G force ride that was closed  but while I was standing near it. One of the staff was teaching a new staff member how to run it.  She saw me watching and asked if vixdad and I would like a ride so we said yes. It was greT fun

They also had a simulator ride that they opened for us it was an enclosed ride and vixdad thought it might double as a tunnel of love... When we got out the staff member said dryly we were all watching you.  It turns out there was a hidden camera broadcasting riders reactions to the outside screen

That's funny!! :))

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »

Thanks DR JANE, DR ELMORE, and DR JOHN G - Of course there will be photos....the show is in April.  My first rehearsal is not until February 16.

John G.

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »

Got a new phone today and it did not get all the old phone numbers carried over. I'm bummed.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »

Colleen McCullough has died. I think she was the first published author I ever met, albeit briefly. When The Thorn Birds came out, she did a signing in the Louisville area. I still have that autographed paperback.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »

Got a new phone today and it did not get all the old phone numbers carried over. I'm bummed.

That happened to me last May. It's frustrating.  i'm still collecting numbers.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »

I will be sorry when the show ends, on the other hand I am loving this season-best ever.

I am loving it too. They got rid of the one annoying woman on their team last year. I do miss Rigsby and Van Pelt though.

True, but now there is more Chow time and I think he is great.  I love his dead pan delivery, a bit like Dragnet, which makes me laugh.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »

That happened to me last May. It's frustrating.  i'm still collecting numbers.

And a reminder I keep meaning to back up my phone info on Verizon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »

Oy! My neighbor is a jazz pianist and his wife is an artist who's really big into animal rescue.  She regularly posts on Facebook about poor treatment in the shelters, and railing against persons in charge of the protection services se feels are not helping the situation. I admire her involvement but i also regard her behavior as a bit eccentric. So, tonight as I took my recyclables to the basement, I rode down in the elevator with the pianist and I asked how his wife was.  I hadn't seen her about the building, I told him, but I've been reading her rants.  He got off on the first floor and I went to the basement. 

when I got back upstairs, my phone rang.  It was his wife asking me to tell him nothing about her Facebook posts; he went back upstairs and gave her hell for her posts! I'm going to start avoiding both of them.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »

I'm sorry DR elmore, this made me laugh.  Keith has often told me he corrected my fb post.  I have no privacy-lol

Really, if she doesn't want her husband to know what she puts on fb she shouldn't be friends with anyone he knows.

I am perfectly content for Keith to make me sound more intelligent than I am. :)  I also think it is loads of fun when he changes my photos without telling me.   

John G.

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »

I'm supposed to be heading from work shortly to do a small presentation at a barbecue joint across the street as part of Meat Week. And all of a sudden I have violent headache bordering on me being nauseous. Why tonight?
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2015, 03:18:19 PM »

I'm sorry DR elmore, this made me laugh.  Keith has often told me he corrected my fb post.  I have no privacy-lol

Really, if she doesn't want her husband to know what she puts on fb she shouldn't be friends with anyone he knows.

I am perfectly content for Keith to make me sound more intelligent than I am. :)  I also think it is loads of fun when he changes my photos without telling me.   

That marriage has been fucked up for years.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »

I'm supposed to be heading from work shortly to do a small presentation at a barbecue joint across the street as part of Meat Week. And all of a sudden I have violent headache bordering on me being nauseous. Why tonight?

Stay in. Put your address book together. Get some sleep.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »

That's a tv comedy story DR ELMORE.....

George

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »

Oy! My neighbor is a jazz pianist and his wife is an artist who's really big into animal rescue.  She regularly posts on Facebook about poor treatment in the shelters, and railing against persons in charge of the protection services se feels are not helping the situation. I admire her involvement but i also regard her behavior as a bit eccentric. So, tonight as I took my recyclables to the basement, I rode down in the elevator with the pianist and I asked how his wife was.  I hadn't seen her about the building, I told him, but I've been reading her rants.  He got off on the first floor and I went to the basement. 

when I got back upstairs, my phone rang.  It was his wife asking me to tell him nothing about her Facebook posts; he went back upstairs and gave her hell for her posts! I'm going to start avoiding both of them.

Oh, my! 

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:50 PM »

That marriage has been fucked up for years.

This does not surprise me.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »

Sounds like a migraine.  Might a couple bites of chocolate help, along with some aspirin/tylenol/whatever you use? 

Jane

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2015, 03:34:27 PM »

HEADACHE BE GONE VIBES FOR DR JOHN!

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »

True, but now there is more Chow time and I think he is great.  I love his dead pan delivery, a bit like Dragnet, which makes me laugh.

i love him too and the new computer guy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up