Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: COUGH COUGH  (Read 14461 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:COUGH COUGH
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2004, 08:14:18 PM »

I think WICKED has officially crossed the line as a cross-over show:

http://netscape.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15045,00.html?tnews

Re Britney's letter.  I love it!  This twit can carry on about the marital state at its most trivial inane stage, because she's trivial and inane (some would say braindead). and gay couples cannot be taken seriously.  She's such a model for young morons.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2004, 08:38:48 PM »

And of course DRFRANCOIS the druggie version:

The Girl Who Came to Upper
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2004, 08:39:08 PM »

Why do we have Mondays?  Why do we have to go to work?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

François de Paris

« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2004, 08:42:45 PM »

Why do we have Mondays?  Why do we have to go to work?

That's what Britney Spears keeps asking herself!!

Blue Mondays!

François de Paris

« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2004, 08:43:57 PM »

The Girl Who Came to Upper

Coming up soon to a theater near you, starring Britney Spears!

Remember you've seen it first here!! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2004, 08:46:36 PM »

The Girl Who Came to Upper.... BEACONSFIELD!!

.... the OZ version, starring DR Tomovoz, who's checking locations here in France!!

http://www.vicnet.net.au/victoria/upperbeac/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 08:50:20 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2004, 08:52:05 PM »

SADE to be all alone..... says the masochist!! :-\
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 08:52:44 PM by François de Paris »

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2004, 09:10:15 PM »

I am taping DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES at this very moment. From the few minutes I saw of it I think I might have another favorite show!!!!

And Marcia Cross, formerly of MELROSE PLACE (a previous addiction for me) is one of the stars of this new show!!

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2004, 09:14:10 PM »

I got in an additional Bollywood movie this weekend, which I just finished watching. LOVE MARRIAGE (1959) which is a very cute romantic comedy which turns serious at the end...but of course all comes out happily! Stars the wonderful Dev Anand who I always enjoy, and the lovely Mala Sinha who is quite young in this one! Helen, of course, shows up as a dancer...she often makes a cameo as a dancer!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2004, 09:48:20 PM »

I'm back - bad meal, fun but LONG show and I'm ready for the Jacuzzi.  More about all this in the notes.  I smell a FRENZY.

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2004, 09:55:37 PM »

Laurie Mitchell called me tonight and she had an absolute blast at the Hollywood Show in Burbank this weekend....and she took in $650 selling her autographed photos! She was only selling them for $10.00 but people kept telling her she should sell for $20! She declined to raise the price as she thought $10 bucks was too much! LOL!

Her table was right next to Larry Hagman, who, she said, took in about $2000! She also made friends with Don Stroud and his wife while she was there. Laurie and her husband now have a standing invitation to dinner with the Strouds in Manhattan Beach!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2004, 09:59:11 PM »

That's why I didn't see her - you couldn't get near Hagman's table.  And I'm quite sure she's incorrect about Hagman's take - people like Hagman regularly take in anywhere from 5 to 20K or more.  Unless he just was there for an hour or something.  I didn't see Don Stroud either.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2004, 10:02:03 PM »

I do not eat at McD's.  I avoid all fast food places, with the strange exception of Taco Bell.  I know that I can cook better than the fast food joints, and do so.

But that's where the problem lays, I believe.  (Yes, lays is correct, as in the potato chips.)  Too many Americans are no longer willing to spend the time cooking their own meals.  They think cooking is "difficult," and would rather lazy their way through their lives and eat something cheap and dull.

When der Brucer and I had his son-in-law and crew over to put up the fence for the new dog yard, der B went and got lunch for them.  There's a much better than good place close by that makes fantastic sub sandwiches.  The s-i-l and crew would have none of it.  They wanted McD's, because they knew what they were getting ahead of time.  They didn't want to risk having something in their mouths they hadn't had there before.

And that, more than anything else, is what is wrong with food today.  It's too easy to get the same exact thing everywhere, because of "standardization."

I say to hell with 'em.  I would much rather save my money for a better dinner than waste it on a carbon copy (and carbon dated) lunch.

If anything, these days I rebel at having to cook because "I'm tired of my own cooking," more than for any other reason.  I need something different, something to re-stimulate my taste buds.  But I know I'm not going to find that sort of taste at a fast food joint.

(Taco Bell is an anomaly I cannot explain.  Go fig.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2004, 10:10:47 PM »

The Chef event der B and I went to today was quite fun.  Our friends Charles and John, from Cafe Zeus, were serving up a very nice steak sampler with three different sauces.  There was very good sushi from Abstractions, a duck stir fry from Confucius that could be enjoyed with or without the extra spices (which cleared the sinuses quite well), and a lamb dish that was served with a lemon relish that was very refreshing.  And there were lots of other dishes served that were nicely enjoyable.

After, we returned home and napped with the dogs, who enjoyed the cuddle time.  Then, this evening, I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, which der B has had to do without for a few weeks.  For dinner, we noshed on leftovers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2004, 10:20:56 PM »

I am, as I've said before, very fond of Taco Bell - I don't know what it is about their regular crunchy tacos, but I really enjoy them.  It's not like eating a REAL taco at Casa Vega but there's something very tasty and fun about Taco Bell tacos.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2004, 10:21:17 PM »

Waiting for the Jacuzzi to reach 100 then I shall submerge.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2004, 10:50:51 PM »

Well - as I have no Jacuzzi to heat up, I'll do my brief report on the Eyetalian restaurant and show. bk kindly accepted an invitation to see my friend, Roxanne, singing at this joint in North Hollywood (NOHO to the natives). The place left something to be desired in terms of service and food -- it's literally a mom and pop joint with the kids acting as waiters. I'll let bk handle the specifics. He's much better at that kind of thing than I am.
My friend, whom I haven't seen in 8 years, is a very talented lady. She's been on Broadway; she's opened for Richard Pryor. Her present "act" is really not yet an act. It needs to be shaped and honed. But she IS a phenomenal talent who has gone through some hard times and is now coming back. I was really happy to see her again and the joint was packed with her friends - some of whom were singers, actors, choreographers -- so it made the interchange with the audience fun. The show was overly long at two hours -- but as I have a significant history with Roxanne, I'm sure I had a better time than bk. He was a good sport about it all.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2004, 11:08:07 PM »

BK, Don Stroud was at the end of Denny Miller's row, right past Ty Hardin, in that same horsehoe of tables (where June also was) off the central area of the main room. Mr. Stroud look tanned and healthy but seems to be geting a little thin on top.
Did you end up going back to the show today?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2004, 11:39:32 PM »

I did go back, because long ago I'd promised Miss June Wilkinson a copy of Benjamin Kritzer, so I brought it to her, and I gave one to Mr. Anson Williams, too.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2004, 11:49:02 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

I'm back from Norfolk.  I had to make a stop at Kinko's to copy the advance book for THE PRODUCERS.  The contractor called me today and told me that the librarian needs it back at tomorrow night's rehearsal so that he can send it on to the next person/town on Tuesday morning.  However...  I have my keyboard rehearsal with the assistant conductor on Tuesday morning, and then I'm auditing the Tuesday and Friday nights show.  But I don't actually play the show until Saturday...  So, if I intend to practice before Saturday... Kinko's.  Ugh!  It wasn't too bad.  I did have to hand place all the copies since the pages were three-hole punched a bit worn already.  But 246(!) pages later...

*In defense of the librarian, there is a piece of paper saying that the book needs to be turned in at the first rehearsal... But I figured I would at least get to keep my copy until I actually played the show.  Ah, well... One more receipt to add to the write-off file.

Well, now I'm gonna read the rest of today's posts.  -I just wanted to make sure to get in here before "tomorrow".

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up