Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: QUINCE  (Read 5628 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: QUINCE
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2015, 12:15:38 AM »

PAGE SIX HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES DANCE!!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:38:40 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2015, 12:15:51 AM »

The group that won was a Christian jazz-type group, but they were overall the best singers.  They had the talent and skill to be real contenders at the national level.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2015, 12:20:03 AM »

I'm not a religious person at all, but having sung in choirs in school, I've had to sing sacred text...Mozart and things like that.  That's not a big deal.  However, I've never had to sing this kind of "Christian" music.  Anyway, after the whole contest was over, I was told by a friend that a couple of other friends were upset that the Christian group won because all of their songs were Jesus-y and religious.  For the purposes of a contest like this, that doesn't bother me.  I felt that they definitely were the best talented and skilled group.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:21:57 AM by George »

George

« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2015, 12:23:57 AM »

I have never had rhubarb pie. It never looked good to me.

Try Strawberry Rhubarb.  The sweet of the strawberry balances the sour of the rhubarb

Or it might not. :P

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2015, 12:26:38 AM »

Back from a very long day and must now write some notes.

George

« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2015, 12:28:00 AM »

Been spending the day getting ready for the chili contest

I know someone who always put a Hershey bar in his chili instead of sugar

A friend told me the story of when he went to a barbecue and the host was tending the big vat of chili.  The host was smoking a cigar while tending the vat and my friend noticed that he (the host) had accidentally flicked his ashes into the chili!  He was going to say something but then he saw that the guy did it again and that it wasn't a mistake!  It turns out that that was the guy's secret ingredient...cigar ash.  My friend said that it was absolutely the best chili that he had ever tasted!

George

« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2015, 12:31:47 AM »

so I will try again

Nice display, Vixmom!

George

« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:01 AM »

George

« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »

Although I did not win for best decorated booth or a prize for my chili; it appears that it was only the judges who were unimpressed -

Many  people (including the person who won best booth) said they  thought mine was better - and I was the first one to run out of chili because of the number of people who came back for seconds (and thirds) and the number who came over and said they were told they had to try mine because it was so good.

Interesting...I wonder why the judges wouldn't like your chili if everyone else did. :-\

George

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:23 AM »

Maybe the contest was fixed!! 

I demand a recount!  I'm going to file a PayPal dispute!! >:(

George

« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:44 AM »

I love this picture of the two of you!!

George

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2015, 12:45:00 AM »

Although I did not win for best decorated booth or a prize for my chili; it appears that it was only the judges who were unimpressed -

Many  people (including the person who won best booth) said they  thought mine was better - and I was the first one to run out of chili because of the number of people who came back for seconds (and thirds) and the number who came over and said they were told they had to try mine because it was so good.

Interesting...I wonder why the judges wouldn't like your chili if everyone else did. :-\

Too bad the chili contest didn't have an audience favorite.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up