Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZOOM  (Read 13269 times)

François de Paris

Re:ZOOM
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2004, 10:22:28 PM »

I just saw the most despicable ad on TV. Two grey-haired Vietnam widows talking about their heroic husbands -- then pointing out that John Kerry spoke out about Vietnam when he came back. They say that if he couldn't be trusted then, how could he be trusted now.

"Trust" when there has been so many lies all through those years!

They're widows but "we" don't have to trust them!

Because  -- or thanks to! :D -- lack of finances, campaigns here are FOR and not AGAINST!

We all know that Kerry went to Vietnam so that many years after he could run for presidency, don't we all!?!?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 10:23:12 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2004, 10:23:59 PM »

New page!

Let's do the Widow Dance!

François de Paris

« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2004, 10:26:25 PM »

Jeremy Irons should run for Presidency!!

What?

He's British?!

Shoot!!

François de Paris

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2004, 10:27:06 PM »

Jeremy Irons should run for Presidency!!

What?

He's British?!

Shoot!!

Where's Lafayette when we need him?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2004, 10:44:44 PM »

Where is everyone when you need them?  Off being WUSSBURGERS, that's where.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2004, 10:50:12 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, one hour of practicing turned into almost three...

Then I happened to catch the end of "Like Water for Chocolate" on IFC.  One of my favorite movies.

And, now, I am off to join the Wussburgers of the world...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2004, 10:51:23 PM »

I wasn't here because der Brucer was on line, posting pretty pictures of pooches pursuing possible placement with prospective people.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2004, 10:53:56 PM »

I want chocolate.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2004, 10:55:59 PM »

I really don't want to finish this paper. I took a break and went to fencing and beat the snot out of the new lady. And now I'm too tired to work on this paper.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2004, 10:56:31 PM »

I guess the new Aladdin DVD doesn't have the famous "Take off your clothes" moment. And that's not an urban legend. I, Panni, personally saw it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 11:01:30 PM by Panni »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2004, 10:56:39 PM »

The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2004, 11:02:34 PM »

Then I made up a list for der B, of books I'd like him to order.  (All on cookery, of course.)

I think there's a drawback, however, trying to browse books at one of the on-line bookstores.  I like holding a book in my hands, flipping through it (well, if it's non-fiction, having learned my lesson with fiction), and seeing if there's enough of interest in the book to warrant my shelling out.

For example, Gourmet magazine has released a thick tome covering sixty years of recipes.  Sounds good, right?  But, when I saw the book at the bookstore a couple of nights ago, I found it less than pleasing.  The names of the recipes, for instance, were printed in a sort of marigold ink, which was hard to read on the white paper.  And there were other organizational issues that made me back away.

On the other hand, Anthony Bourdain, novelist, chef and bad boy of repute, has just released his Les Halles Cookbook, covering the recipes from his day job.  He made it clear that he was not writing the book for sissies; yes, he does use fish heads when he makes fish stock, and that sort of thing.  What I liked when holding the book was how he focused more on method than on exact "recipes," expecting the reader to know how to adapt stuff to their own kitchens.  My kind of fellow.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2004, 11:04:06 PM »

I'm going to bed. Have a network meeting tomorrow morning and I need to reread my script.

Panni

« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2004, 11:05:48 PM »

if I get a new place I will once again have a REAL kitchen and can cook up a storm. You're all invited!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2004, 11:06:28 PM »

I guess the new Aladdin DVD doesn't have the famous "Take off your clothes" moment. And that's not an urban legend. I, Panni, personally saw it.
I thought that was a "heard it" moment.

There have been a lot of slips in the Disney catalogue over the years.  Who Framed Roger Rabbit is filled with them, some intentional for those with freeze frame capabilities.  "For a good time, call Alice," on a bathroom wall, for instance.  But I've never been sure whether Jessica's panties was intentional or not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2004, 11:45:42 PM »

And one for Mahler.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up