News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ZOOM  (Read 13270 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:ZOOM
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2004, 03:36:30 PM »

His bony and dusty bootay, I'm guessing
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2004, 03:48:23 PM »

RLP I said it wrong AGAIN

Eros stands in Piccadilly Circus.
Nelson stands in Trafalgar Square....

damn old BAD habits die hard.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2004, 03:49:39 PM »

I deleted my WRONG post.

you can imagine my embarrassment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2004, 03:51:05 PM »

JRand, RLP has the lyric right...Eros stands in Picadilly Circus (which isn't really Eros...but that's another story); Nelson stands in Trafalgar Square, but it wasn't until I saw the lyric printed in a copy of Bricusse's musical SHERLOCK HOLMES (for which he appropriated London Is London from CHIPS), did I realize it wasn't "'ere I stands in Picadilly Circus", but "Eros stands in Picadilly Circus"...But who knows...Maybe originally it was "ere I stands" and, for Sherlock Holmes, Bricusse changed the lyric to "Eros stands"...

But it is the one song that The Lovely Wife & I sing repeatedly while meandering through London which we will be doing very soon again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2004, 03:51:24 PM »

DRJAY I will work on a video tape for you of a couple of Miss Allison's performances!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2004, 03:52:18 PM »

Yes, DRCP - I deleted by WRONG post LOL....

whew!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2004, 04:13:08 PM »

Ann -- Congratulations on the job!! Are you working for the State, Catholic Community Services, or some other agency.  Let me know!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2004, 04:23:20 PM »

Yes, that Flossie from Fulham number is a winner no matter what any of the critics said in their original reviews.

It's so danged catchy.

"London is a strange and changing town...and mark my words, whatever you've 'eard, London Bridge has no intention of falling down!"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 04:23:49 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2004, 04:43:56 PM »

I don't have anything to say today.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2004, 04:45:39 PM »

Second time?  (And I need a big hat for this one...)  "I'm in London again!"

And a bustle!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2004, 04:46:14 PM »

Evening all!

I had to chuckle at your post about the tapes, George.  I thought I had that market cornered. I think I have tapes from YEARS ago that I still haven’t gotten around to watching.

Would you believe that I just received another DVD that I ordered in the mail today.  A Harrison Ford movie, Hanover Street.  I know most people didn’t like it but I thought it was a very good movie.   I LOVE the theme music and I thought it had some very touching moments.  

I found a little tree sparrow this morning by one of the windows at work.  He/She must have flew into the window and stunned him/her self.  It was soooo cute with it’s little brown wings/back and it’s bright yellow chest.  I knew it was going to be ok because it gave me quite a scolding for picking him/her up but was still too shaky to fly away.  

We have an “island” in the front of the building that has some shrubs and little trees so I put him/her there.  I promised to come back with a box at my break and if he/she was still there, I would have taken him/her home.  

I would have done that right away but birds are such delicate creatures—they can have a heart attack if they are to badly frightened.   Nine/Ten hours would be along time for the little thing to be in a box as well.  

I hope I did the right thing.  I think I did because when I came back down at ten (my break) he/she was gone.  

I also had the chance to speak to DR Jane and DR Elmore on my lunch break.  I don’t know if it was DR Jane’s cell phone or mine but I was having a very hard time hearing them.  I only caught about every other word.

I’m not honestly sure what DR Elmore said at all!  

I’m so very glad everyone had such a good time last night.  I’m delighted to hear that DR Elmore walked with DR Jane & DR PennyO.  The operative word there is WALKED.  That must mean he is feeling much better and I am so very glad for that.   :)

I’m sitting here eating an Everlasting Gobstopper.  I spotted them at the local dollar store and just have to have a box.  They are not as everlasting as they are advertised but they are good.

We had our second kiss of fall today.  You could feel a subtle coolness in the air this morning.  

There are many places I would like to go see but as my trips taught me, it’s not any fun to go somewhere alone.  I think I’ve had about all the travel I want for a long, long time.  I would like to see snow.  I may have to make a brief trip someplace with the white stuff someday but I really don't have a place in mind to go to see it.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2004, 04:48:16 PM »

On that basis, I'm heading to Rome.  After I sing "Vissi d'arte" at the Farnese Palace, I'll jump into the Tiber from the parapets of the Saint Angelo Castle.

DRJay, I love you but I have bad news:  you won't make a splash but a splat; the Castle isn't that close to the river, as I recall.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

DRAnn, best of luck with the new job!

I've just come in from a lovely day with DRJane.  She met me in my recording project office at 14th and Seventh Avenue, we bussed to 2nd Avenue on the 14th Street bus, and walked down to the 2nd Avenue Deli for lunch.  I had matzoh ball soup, potato pancakes and fresh applesauce, and DRJane had egg salad on challa (?).  The deli not only serves generous portions of food, but wonderful cole slaw and pickles.  We then walked to Soho and wandered about before walking to the West Village, where we stopped for a rest and chat in Winston Churchill Park on 6th Ave.  We ended up at 14th and Seventh!  From there, we subwayed to the Upper West Side, visited some more and then took the No 7 bus back to her hotel by 7 pm.  She's having dinner with her nieces this evening, and it was really sad to say goodbye to such a wonderful friend.

Dear Friend BK, here's a publicity photo from THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER.  Steve Cole sent me some good reviews today.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 05:02:27 PM by elmore3003 »

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2004, 05:26:49 PM »

If I could visit any place in the world, I would love to see South Africa.  From everything my sister's told me, it sounds like the most fascinating place on earth.  Part Africa, part Europe.  And that history!  It must be incredible.  I would also love to visit Japan, Greece, Germany, Russia (to study at the Moscow Art Theatre), Italy (if just to see the the Workcenter of Jerzy Grotowski), and California (for the Kritzer tour!).
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Charles Pogue

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2004, 05:34:53 PM »

Well, we've have just been home-inspected for a new foundling dog.  I think we passed muster with flying colours.  Julieanne has already see the orphan...a Cairn mix.  I'll go give him the once over tomorrow.  If he lives up to expectation and doesn't bite me or something, we may have a new critter in this house by Saturday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2004, 05:39:15 PM »

New critters, excellent.  Of course, I have no new critters.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »

I'm now off to usher for a local production of Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead.  It's put on by Harlequin Productions here in Olympia and they do really good work.  From what I understand (I've never seen it), it's very funny but very wordy.  I guess I'll have to pay attention.

After that, I'm going directly to the house that I'm house-sitting.  No high-speed Internet for me later tonight...sigh.  Only two and a half more weeks till the owners come home!  Then I'm free!  (almost a Forum reference ;D)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2004, 06:06:32 PM »

R & G ARE DEAD is a brilliant, brilliant play!  Stoppard is one of my few gods.  Very wordy?  Maybe, but what words!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 06:07:02 PM by Charles Pogue »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2004, 06:07:50 PM »

Words, words!  We didn't need words, we had faces then.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2004, 06:15:25 PM »

Yea, you used to be big!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2004, 06:20:51 PM »

I get to write a seven-page paper on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tuesday. And I get to write a four-page paper on "My Last Duchess" by Robert Browning by tomorrow. At last count, I only had three pages and I have nothing more to say. "My Last Duchess" is only one page long. If Browning only has one page worth of stuff to say, why do I have to say four times that much?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2004, 06:26:37 PM »

"My Last Duchess" is only one page long. If Browning only has one page worth of stuff to say, why do I have to say four times that much?

"My Last Duchess' is GREAT. You can quote me on that. If you type REALLY big, it might use up a quarter of a page.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2004, 06:32:25 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I was sort of productive today.  I ended up getting in the car earlier this afternoon and running some errands.  Target, Lowes, and Lee's Fried Chicken for a late lunch.

Then I decided at sort of the last moment to head to the theatre to get some more practice in for The Producers in the pit on the keyboard I'll be playing on with the sounds I'll be playing/hearing.  I also futzed with some levels just so that I could used to playing "deaf" since there are a few moments where the keyboard level gets lost in the mix.  It was a good hour or so of practice.   Then it was a nice walk home, and now...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2004, 06:33:05 PM »

I found two possible houses today. One I only saw from the outside - and it was charming - and will view on Saturday; the other I saw and filled out an application for. I don't know if I will be accepted. For one thing, I want to pay a lower rent than is being asked. But I accidentally met the owner and she and I hit if off. I sent a letter along with my application and will get letters of reference from my landlord and the William Morris Agency. We shall see.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2004, 06:35:55 PM »

I made it home in time to catch "Will & Grace"... Eh...  And now "The Apprentice"... Eh...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2004, 06:37:55 PM »

And I don't think I've ever been #69,000 nor 69,001 before for anything in my life!  ;)

-You may stop applauding now and be seated.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2004, 06:38:48 PM »

TCB - I'm working for GATEWAYS for Youth and Families, the Family Support Services department.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2004, 06:41:09 PM »

Oh!  While at Target, I did my usual scoping out of the end-caps for the Clearance items.  There was a lot of stuff in all the departments, and it seemed like they were just getting rid of some overstock.  However...

I ended up picking up a box of Ming Tsai's Blue Ginger "Chocolate Chip Ginger Cookies".  YUMMY!  It's basically a chocolate shortbread cookie with chocolate chips and bits of candied ginger.  Quite good.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2004, 06:45:40 PM »

I get to write a seven-page paper on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tuesday. And I get to write a four-page paper on "My Last Duchess" by Robert Browning by tomorrow. At last count, I only had three pages and I have nothing more to say. "My Last Duchess" is only one page long. If Browning only has one page worth of stuff to say, why do I have to say four times that much?

DRSandra, a question:  did the Duke kill her?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2004, 06:46:01 PM »

DRJOSE are you allowed to eat in the pit?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up