Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY AND NIGHT CONUNDRUM  (Read 3684 times)

Jennifer

Re: THE DAY AND NIGHT CONUNDRUM
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2015, 01:12:25 PM »

Birthday girl added to the notes and I hope she's having a wonderful celebratory day.

Thanks.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »

Another Moross number down.  Next up: a looooooong one.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »

Just sent the reminder for my last regular board meeting as president of AAUW Middletown...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »

Jane

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »

I think I am lucky Bruce never has to check the calendar to know when my birthday is ;)

For those of you that don't know, it is the day before Bruce's and he has known this since high school.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »

I would love to be able to eliminate sugar from my diet. It's by far my biggest weakness. I did read a story on Yahoo! not too long ago about a family that completely went off sugar - reading labels carefully and eliminating all foods with sugar that you wouldn't expect to have it (like ketchup). They didn't eat any other natural sweeteners either like honey or maple. The only sugar they got was from fruit. The wife who was writing the story said that after about a year of that, they noticed their palettes changed and they didn't even want desserts anymore. But they did allow themselves a treat on their birthdays. The husband asked for a banana cream pie. She tried to eat a piece, but only got through half of it - it didn't really taste good to her, it was way too sweet, and made her feel very full and sort of sick. I'd love to live in that world.

I doubt that would ever happen to me.

Me, either. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »

Happy Birthday, Jennifer.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2015, 02:34:57 PM »

A cell phone lot is where one parks and waits while picking someone up from the airport. When your party calls you from his/her cell to your cell, you know it is time to drive to the curb at the terminal.

My DH waited in the cell phone lot last night. I called when I was at the curb. He spent thirty-five minutes driving around, missing the turn to the terminal curb before he figured it out.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

George

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

DR George, what is a cell phone parking lot? I envision lots of of tiny slots where everyone could leave their cell phones. But why would you want to?

Before, you had to go into the regular airport parking, find a space miles away from the actual arrival areas, meet up with your people, walk miles back to your car, pay for the time that you parked, and then you could leave.

A cell phone parking lot is an area where you can park at the airport...for free...and just wait for someone to call you on your cell phone to come pick them up when they've arrived from a flight.  It's great!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »

A cell phone lot is where one parks and waits while picking someone up from the airport. When your party calls you from his/her cell to your cell, you know it is time to drive to the curb at the terminal.

What she said. ;)

George

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:53 PM »

Well, now that I just popped in, I have to leave.  I'm going to my sister's to help her with a curtain rod that's pulling out of the wall.  Then later tonight, I will be at a reading of the revised version of TAO's "The HEAD! That Wouldn't DIE!"

Have a good day, all!

Jane

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »

My DH waited in the cell phone lot last night. I called when I was at the curb. He spent thirty-five minutes driving around, missing the turn to the terminal curb before he figured it out.

Oh no.  Were you worried something happened?

Jane

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »

I have only used the cell phone lot once, and fortunately someone at the car rental told me about it.  It must have been a new concept then as it was when I collected Craig from Dulles airport when he returned from Romania.

For some reason though he couldn't call me and ended up calling our house for Keith to call me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »

I made another huge vat of chili; most of it's now in the freezer and some is in the fridge.

I learned how the conductor of a major new Broadway show that everyone hates got the job. It was not for his musical abilities. Big surprise.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »

I will watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta and crash.  i have no idea if Joshie will need me tomorrow at City Center but I want to be ready in case.

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »

Good morning afternoon evening, all.

What a long day it's been.  We had a matinee, and I needed all the sleep and relaxation I could get before that, thanks to partying the night away last night.  The show was pretty good, and it is great to know I can sit myself down and relax in front of something good tonight.  Don't know yet what it will be.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »

I also have nothing on the calendar tomorrow, which is even nicer.

ChasSmith

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jennifer!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »

Steve Margoshes the orchestrator of the Duck Dynasty show just contacted me about a lunch date and I cannt make the daye next week. Damn!

ChasSmith

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »

I do have two morning shows, one on Tuesday and another Thursday, which are annoying only because I have to get up and drive down there with all the morning rush hour traffic.  Otherwise, my week is free till next Friday night's show.

ChasSmith

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »

I made another huge vat of chili; most of it's now in the freezer and some is in the fridge.

I learned how the conductor of a major new Broadway show that everyone hates got the job. It was not for his musical abilities. Big surprise.

The Broadway Casting Couch!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

The Broadway Casting Couch!

He does sleep around.  A lot.
First show: the composer
Second show: the producer
Third show: the director

But I hear everyone hates him because his conducting sucks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:34:17 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »

Today is the fourth anniversary of the death of my dear friend, orchestrator Russell Warner. I miss his phone calls, his sense of humor, and his talent.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 04:17:26 PM »

Keith put a few photos of the condo on FB.  Since I am at my computer, and not traveling, I can share them here.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2015, 04:18:10 PM »

Of course the inside will look much different by the time we move in.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

There are 7 buildings in total.  This is looking at building 6.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:21:26 PM by Jane »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »

Very nice DR JANE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2015, 04:20:52 PM »

I have been under the weather for a few days....hopefully I am on the mend.  I have three days of rehearsals and then TWO shows next week.....we shall see what happens.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:44 PM »

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2015, 04:22:24 PM »

This is our building, number 7.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up