Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UPSIDE OF THE DOWNSIDE  (Read 3097 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE UPSIDE OF THE DOWNSIDE
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »

I also hung the shades I bought back when I started the project.  I didn't even remember what color they were going to be, lol. 

I have had that problem-lol

I do like them.   Now almost all my windows have double cellulose shades.  They really make a difference, especially in the winter

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:36 PM »

The QUANTUM LEAP episode that started about 15 minutes ago has as guest stars Paul Sand and John Cullum. Scott Bakula's character Sam leaps into the body of the understudy to Cullum who is a musical theater star on the decline due to his drinking. Ernie Sabella has a role as the actor playing Sancho Panza to Cullum's Man of La Mancha. The producers must have paid a bit of coin for the rights for Cullum to sing, so far two songs, Dulcinella (I'm guessing the title) and The Impossible Dream. Now he' singing another song as he's playing inebriated.

Cullum's a favorite of mine. That must be fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:24 PM »

I also hung the shades I bought back when I started the project.  I didn't even remember what color they were going to be, lol. 

I have had that problem-lol

I do like them.   Now almost all my windows have double cellulose shades.  They really make a difference, especially in the winter

Congratulations on completing your den and liking the results.  Happy is good  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2015, 09:01:04 PM »

It was awful to go in there and remember not only the work I needed to do, but why I couldn't do it for so long.  Finishing it ends that chapter.  It's long over due.   

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2015, 09:01:27 PM »

I do love my new den.  I'm not in it right now, but have been sitting in there more and more. Which is actually why I really decided to finish it.

Den vat vill you do? :D
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2015, 09:02:20 PM »

The QUANTUM LEAP episode that started about 15 minutes ago has as guest stars Paul Sand and John Cullum. Scott Bakula's character Sam leaps into the body of the understudy to Cullum who is a musical theater star on the decline due to his drinking. Ernie Sabella has a role as the actor playing Sancho Panza to Cullum's Man of La Mancha. The producers must have paid a bit of coin for the rights for Cullum to sing, so far two songs, Dulcinella (I'm guessing the title) and The Impossible Dream. Now he' singing another song as he's playing inebriated.

Cullum was quite good. The episode must have been a favor for Bakula who I understand was a musical theater actor/singer.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »

Time to get ready for bed.  I have to go back to work tomorrow.  Other than an email or two I haven't looked at anything work related since I left on Thursday.  Tomorrow will likely be a bit crazy

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »

I loved Quantum Leap. I used to watch it when it was first on

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »

DR TCB, how are you doing today?

-- Edith Baines Bunker

John G.

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2015, 09:21:34 PM »

Cullum was quite good. The episode must have been a favor for Bakula who I understand was a musical theater actor/singer.

Bakula was in the original cast of Romance/Romance and did a recording of Anyone Can Whistle with Bernadette Peters and Madeline Kahn.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2015, 09:21:49 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Finished with my viewing, eating white rice and am now sort of relaxing.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2015, 09:45:36 PM »

DR John G. I forgot to say that I'm glad that you are safe. Those sure were very severe storms. Lloyd Lindsay Young would have called them gullywashers.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:43 PM »

Finished with my viewing, eating white rice and am now sort of relaxing.

I am glad that you are getting better. Makes you appreciate how much we take our digestive system for granted when its affected by bugs and whatnot. When it's on the fritz, it keeps us from just doing our normal activities. Keep getting better!

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I tried to read the posts earlier, but my Macbook wouldn't let me. I was able to read the Notes, and my Gmail, but not the posts. Strange. I can now read from page two on, but not page one. Oh, well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »

Me, too, DR SINGDAW.  Aside from the typical childhood maladies, nothing extraordinary....so far.

This sciatica thing that I am experiencing now is probably the worst thing.....but I must say that wearing the BE ACTIVE BRACE a few hours a day has relieved it considerably.  I can at last sleep again and walk and stand normally without having to sit down after a short while.

IT IS NOT GONE, but it is so much better.

I'm glad to hear that the brace makes that much of a difference. Being able to sleep at night is important! I've been wearing my ankle brace again and I do think it helps. My theory is that we pick up little microsprains without even realizing it, thus aggravating old injuries.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2015, 10:28:42 PM »

Belated Happy Birthday to DR Jeanne!  Hope you had a nice day!

Thank you, DR Kevin. I had a nice, relaxing day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2015, 10:31:11 PM »

I have to say that it's mentally a huge relief.  Every time I walked in there, I thought about how much work I needed to do.

I can relate to that. I have some projects that are hanging over my head, too.

How nice that you can enjoy the room now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2015, 10:31:37 PM »

Makes no sense that you can't read page one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

Must fall asleep at a reasonable hour this night because I can't be up later than ten.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2015, 10:36:59 PM »

Bruce, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. Intestinal bugs can be very difficult to get rid of. I suggest you don't push it. Cooked foods are easiest. As healthy as salads are, they're not the easiest to digest. The rice and eggs are good choices.

How's the shoulder?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »

Makes no sense that you can't read page one.

My Macbook goes into an iTizzy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2015, 10:38:12 PM »

I'll try to get it to the shop tomorrow.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2015, 10:41:38 PM »

Glad to hear that Singdaw has been reunited with his phone. And TCB had it all the time. Sing, do you have his eye shield?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »

I will probably be sans computer for a day or two.

Good night.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »

I wonder if this depicts the moment right before her taxi accident, after which she had higher notes than she had ever had before.

No, he wasn't with her in the taxi accident.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2015, 11:09:07 PM »

I'm doing okay, Dan, but trying to read these posts is the worst.  It is easier just to watch TV than to attempt to read these post.  But, I am trying to keep up!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:53 PM »

I never watched the series, but I was actually in rehearsals for a local production of "Man of La Mancha" when that episode aired.  A lot of us (individually) watched that episode and talked about it during rehearsals.  That production (in December 1989) was the first time I had done any community theater and I've been doing it ever since.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »

He was!  I wish he would do more recording.  Fortunately, he's still alive, so there's always the possibility. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2015, 11:34:44 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up