Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TO ALL YOU FATHERS OUT THERE IN THE DARK  (Read 7970 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: TO ALL YOU FATHERS OUT THERE IN THE DARK
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »

PAGE SIX!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »

DR GEORGE - taking money from volunteers to pay for their own party seems a bit much to me.....sounds like a Board decision from a bunch of selfish people who have no appreciation for the FREE help they're getting.

Does anyone in the group that made the decision EVER work concessions?  My guess is - NO!

:P

As far as I know, no one on the board has ever volunteered for the WCPA on the front lines.  But I don't know if the decision came from the board itself, or the supervisor of the volunteer coordinator, or someone in between. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2015, 11:22:41 PM »

I can see when people are upset if concessionaires get the extra perk of cash and then be able to leave after intermission, when the ushers have to stay for the whole event and can work just as hard.  I guess I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other...although it was nice getting a few dollars here and there.  AND we get broken cookies.  Can't sell the broken cookies. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »

Wrote almost the first third of the commentary - harder than most because most of the songs are just pop songs, but I'm finding interesting things, and I do have some personal fun stories about a few of them.

George

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »

hello.

hurt my R hand and have to type w/ the L. very slow. ugh.

:o

~~~Right Hand Get Better Vibes for Jeanne!!~~~

George

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2015, 11:28:22 PM »

The guy who runs our local Farmers Market has been emailing me because I've been expressing my distaste with his decision to ban religious music from the market.  It's all over a specific musician, but he didn't just ban the musician, he stopped everyone else from singing anything religious....we're talking Amazing Grace here.   Anyway he's being a bit dramatic in his messages and emails.  I told him this was about him and the article in the paper about it and not about me.   He didn't seem to like that

I'm not a fan of religious (or even "spiritual") song lyrics, but I wouldn't care if I'm in a public place and it's playing.  I can very easily ignore it or go somewhere else.  I'm sure that there is a lot of music that I like that offends other people.

Why can't we all just get along??

:D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:48:45 PM by George »

George

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2015, 11:30:18 PM »

And that included all of the rants of the golfers who HATED the golf course.

Interesting...do you know if most of them hated it, or was it just a vocal minority?

George

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »

Watching a version of Trouble in Tahiti. I don't think I've ever watched or heard this before.

I have a couple of recordings and (had?) a couple of DVDs.  I really enjoy this short opera.  Do you know (or know about) Bernstein's "A Quiet Place"?  It's a follow-up.  "Trouble in Tahiti" is interpolated into "A Quiet Place" as a flashback.  I've only listened to "A Quiet Place" once...maybe twice.  I'm not a fan of 12-tone (or similarly abstract melodies), but I like the idea of it being a sequel to a much earlier opera.  I wonder if the libretto reads enough like a script and could be done (if not legitimately) as a play, but still with the opera flashback.

George

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »

We have been waiting for the return of THE LAST SHIP, a perfect choice for Father's Day.  This hotel is just as bad as the other one. The show begins at 9:00 on Pacific Coast Time, yet it began at 8:00 and we missed it.

I have my DVR to record the series, but I haven't yet been up in my bedroom to find out if it actually recorded.  I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2015, 11:51:34 PM »

Hopefully our DVR recorded the two hour episode but we will have to wait until next month to watch.

George

« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2015, 11:59:20 PM »

Hopefully our DVR recorded the two hour episode but we will have to wait until next month to watch.

Jane, if my DVR recorded it, I could easily make a DVD and send that to you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up