Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN CINNAMONSCOPE AND COLOR  (Read 4546 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: NOTES IN CINNAMONSCOPE AND COLOR
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »

Page Six OOD Dance!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2015, 09:17:28 PM »

Cilantro and cumin?  I don't know what God-forsaken Mexican restaurants you're eating in, but they are not Mexican restaurants.  I have NEVER seen, heard or had cilantro OR cumin in any Mexican restaurant that is truly a Mexican restaurant, and by that I mean not Chipotle. 

I would not be surprised if you aren't eating cilantro without knowing it.

I read some more about this and the use of cilantro is common in many areas of Mexico, but not all. I'm sure there's a difference in the kind of Mexican food that is fairly common here in Tucson (mainly Sonoran, I think means more beef because of the cattle ranchers) and that derived from Mexico City, which I understand uses more French-style cooking techniques, a vestige of the Maximilian colonial era.

But I'm no expert so all I can actually report on is what I posted earlier. My neighbors here in Tucson had two different "house keepers" from two different generations (one was in her 20s, the other was in her 60s) and both used cilantro. The younger woman made amazing tacos. She would cook the taco shell with the raw beef in it, then add the toppings. I remember that neither one of these Mexican women would ever use flour tortillas, only corn. They said that flour was an American variation.

I do prefer flour tortillas, and I really like crunchy corn tortillas, but I never liked steamed corn tortillas.  That just doesn't seem right.  Flour tortillas can be either steamed or fried, but corn tortillas should only be crunchy...in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:20:04 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2015, 09:25:15 PM »

Florida avocados are really different, and weird.  I haven't yet tried to come to terms with them.

My aunt, the nun, used to have avocados growing in a small grove of fruit trees on the grounds of the priory where she lives.  She started making guacamole and everyone really liked the way she made it.  But she thought that she didn't like guacamole, until she actually tried it, and now she loves it.  I have tried guacamole and really don't like it at all. :P

George

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:39 PM »

Our smoke filled world looks like we entered a dystopia world.

The smoke was making the sun look deep orange up here.  It was very strange.

George

« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »

Intermission!

George

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2015, 10:05:20 PM »

Act two has started, and like a few previous nights, the audience wasn't too resonsive during act one, but the first play in act two is very funny and wakes them up.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2015, 10:17:57 PM »

Tired......we moved a nice day-trundle bed into my dad's room so my mom can sleep in there if she wants to......

Thanks DR VIXMOM - he is doing okay!

I didn't realize you had set up a room for him.  A trundle bed is a thoughtful idea.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2015, 10:20:48 PM »

At least you could see the sun.  That sounds cool.

George

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2015, 10:41:58 PM »

At least you could see the sun.  That sounds cool.

It was, but it made things kind of muggy.

George

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »

And now, we're done!  Only one performance left and it's our only matinee.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up