Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: CATCHING UP  (Read 15518 times)

Michael

Re:CATCHING UP
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2004, 06:26:56 PM »

From yesterday. I never saw a movie in Cinerama process. I think by the time I was old enough to see movies circa 1964 I don't think there were any more 3 screened cinerama movies being made, just the single superpanavision 70 films like Krakatoa, Ice Station Zebra and 2001.

I did see 2001 post cinerama release though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 06:27:23 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2004, 06:30:05 PM »

Jay- ;D ;D

Michael

« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2004, 06:31:44 PM »

Just checked the wonderful website American Widescreen Museum. There were only 8 films made in the 3 screen process plus one in Cinamircle. The last two were released in 1962.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2004, 06:47:42 PM »

Michael Shayne are you feeling any better?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2004, 06:48:25 PM »

Good evening, all. I spent the day slaving over a hot copy machine. Now I am collating, stapling, and folding. Tomorrow I will be labeling, sorting, counting, and mailing.

~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to Elmore
~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to Danise's DM (dear mom)
Good to see you, Michael Shayne.
Beautiful pictures, Tom
Lovely new painting, BK
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2004, 07:07:07 PM »

Michael Shayne are you feeling any better?

Thanks for asking. Yesterday was good. Today is bad. Started Chriopatric sessions.
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2004, 07:47:33 PM »

Good health vibes to DR Elmore!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2004, 07:49:31 PM »

And good health vibes to DR Michael Shayne!~~~~~~~~

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2004, 07:50:35 PM »

Yes DRDANISE - Grayson could hold her own against Barnabas/Jonathan Frid....and I loved it when she would get exasperated and look around and smack her lips.....of course she could have just been trying to remember her lines.....

Wasn't her husband one of the writers of DARK SHADOWS?  Sam Hall, right?
It was Frid that had trouble remembering his lines, chronically.  Sam Hall, her husband, was the show's head writer.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2004, 08:14:48 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  VIBES FOR A QUICK HOSPITAL VISIT TO DR ELMORE  ! ! ! ! ! [/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2004, 08:16:12 PM »

Finished the BROADWAY - THE AMERICAN MUSICAL third disc. Now that clips of those CHORUS LINE numbers from the Tonys turned up there, maybe they'll be included in their entirety on BROADWAY'S LOST TREASURES III.

The lovely Camera Three segment on "Someone in a Tree" was wonderful to see again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2004, 08:20:45 PM »

Went to Walmart and found that they had a nifty rack of $1.00 DVDs...found, of all things, the 1940s version of LIL ABNER. Oddly enough it lists Peter Palmer and Leslie Parrish on the front of the DVD, but all the pics are from the 40s film. Also picked up BLOODLUST for a friend of a friend who is a HUGE Robert Reed fan.

DR MBarnum, Target must have the same distributor as Walmart.  I picked up the same DVD from their alternate trick or treats bin tonight.  The packaging is different, though--mine does not mention Peter Palmer or Leslie Parrish on the cover, though Buster Keaton's name is listed above the title.  

I also picked up Orson Wells in The Stranger, Shirley Temple in The Little Princess (colorized--urk!--I didn't notice that until I got it home), and Abbot and Costello on the Colgate Comedy Hour.  All for a dollar each!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2004, 08:24:27 PM »

It was Frid that had trouble remembering his lines, chronically.  Sam Hall, her husband, was the show's head writer.

LOL!  

"Yes, we must end this curse that is afflicting Joshua--er, Jamison--er, Jerimiah!"
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2004, 08:25:51 PM »

Here is the recent eBay purchase that I received today:

As Gawd as my witness, a recording will be found!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2004, 08:28:45 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HEALTH VIBES FOR DR MICHAEL SHAYNE  ! ! ! ! ![/move]

[move=RIGHT,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HEALTH VIBES FOR DR DANISE'S MOM  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2004, 09:07:03 PM »

Thanks for the finding vibes, but I had to stop looking and sit down and write new themes.  Once I finished four (including a funereal fugue), it was time to go to the stupid children's show rehearsal.  The performer had better high notes than I recalled.  Then, I arrived at the reading and found there was a scene change I'd forgotten to write anything for.  There was a note I'd written in the script - "find first theme I wrote" - but this was among the missing pieces of music.  I never got around to writing a replacement.  So, using a green pen, I scribbled down a new theme as the audience was coming in.  I'd been given one line to deliver, and forgot to deliver it.  How I wish the audience knew I wasn't a singer, but just a songwriting pinch-hitting for, well, I don't know for whom yet - it's just a reading.

The words are Shakespeare's, and, given the short time the cast had to work on this script, none of the actors had quite figured out the meaning of their lines.  One had a mild Russian accent; another a thick Bronx accent.  It was all so wrong.  This play reads reasonably well, but, heard by under-rehearsed actors, the thing seemed mystifying and a little cold.  I'll be very surprised if it gets produced, and, if it doesn't, these songs and themes will die on the vine.

Does anybody have any use for a setting of Marlowe's Come Live With Me and Be My Love?   ???
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2004, 09:14:50 PM »

Panni wrote "An ex-boyfriend who was heavily into lounge music (and Esperanto)"

Well, I can see why he'd be an ex-!

Only yesterday's posts to catch up on now.  Then I can go to bed.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Kerry

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2004, 09:41:23 PM »

I tried logging on to say "Hey Goob" at the hotel in Denver, but the computer wouldn't let me on this site because it might contain content inappropriate for children.  Frankly if more kids read this site, a better world this would be.

By obscure, do we mean, didn't do well at the box office, or that most people you talk to haven't heard of them (not necessarily the same thing)?

One I can think of is "Garbo Talks."  I always did like it.
 I must go back and read alll the posts later and discover all the wonderful films people mention.  "Forever Darling" or "once More My Darling" (Ann Blythe and Robert Montgomery -- not the Lucy/Desi one) has some absolutely ridiculous moments in it and is not a great film, but it's got some funny stuff in it.  A movie not well known anymore that I adore is "Susan Slept Here" with Debbie Reynolds and Dick Powell.  AND it has "Hold My Hand" in it and Abbe Lane's sister in a small role.  And Anne Francis is brilliant as always.

I watched "Night of the Iguana" amonth or so ago; Lyn has always really liked it.  And it WAS racy.  How about the part with Ava Gardner and her beach boys?   It made me get out my maracas.  Some brillliant performances-- one of Richard Burton's better ones.   And, of course, sheer class lets Deborah Kerr get away with anything.  The film still bothers me for some reason, and I think it's meant to.   I am NEVER at ease through the entire movie and am usually quite exhausted afterward.

I like boat races.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2004, 09:53:07 PM »

Just caught up with the posts. Even though my last post followed the gorgeous AG painting, i just now saw it. Lovely! Congrats.

Panni

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2004, 09:54:55 PM »

Good Health Vibes to DRs Elmore and Michael Shayne and the mother of DR Danise!
...And to anyone else who needs them.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2004, 10:52:18 PM »

Might as well send vibes to everybody. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I was supposed to be writing the proposal for a term paper. But so far today, all I've accomplished was to eat a sandwich from Quizno's. I'll do it tomorrow.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2004, 11:01:11 PM »

And just what sandwich did you eat, Sandra.  If you haven't learned that we must have details then I shall have to bitch-slap you from here to eternity and hell and back.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2004, 11:06:18 PM »

It was a veggie. I thought that went without saying. It was on white bread. And along with it, I had a Cherry Coke (which also goes without saying).

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2004, 11:11:37 PM »

I'll do a food post, too. I supped at Koo Koo Roo. Had the Original chicken breast with 3 sides: creamed spinach, mac & cheese and cole slaw. And a diet coke. Quite yummy.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2004, 11:18:10 PM »

And I just finished a candy apple that my mom bought me. I'm getting the keyboard sticky with the caramel.

And my mom is eating popcorn.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2004, 11:34:29 PM »

Der Brucer and I both had New York Burgers at the Rehoboth Diner, with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing on them.  Messy, but delightful.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up