Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SUNDAYVILLE  (Read 2632 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SUNDAYVILLE
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »

Back --

From the best Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal ever.

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »

Here's my secret:

Don't bother with it during the breakfast hours.  Wait till at least an hour after that period, which ends here at 11 a.m.  Once you're well out of that time frame, they have to make the egg fresh, and none of it has been sitting around waiting for a hapless rushed customer.

Delicious.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2016, 09:38:21 AM »

I gotta say, we sure have been enjoying this mid-late March weather in mid-late February.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 09:49:09 AM »

The cable man has left.  He spent some time diddling with his diagnostic computer and DVR and my TV problems appear to be over. One crisis down.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27:10 AM »

Caught up with Downton Abbey. I will miss the one TV show that I still keep up with. It may have gotten flabby last year, but I've definitely looked forward to each new episode this season.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »

TOD

A lot of Impressionism, moderate amounts of Cubism, and probably other styles of the late 19th / early 20th centuries are those I most immediately respond to.  The earlier Hudson River School is a strong favorite, obviously influenced by my love of the geographical region.

Beyond that, I unashamedly love commercial art of the mid to late 20th century, especially as relates to movies, books, records, music, theater, etc.

As for having a feel for what any of it is worth ..... I'm ignorant, but am ever optimistic that anything I'd most want will be unaffordable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »

I was a man on a mission until three in the morning - I put a lot of big video files on a back-up drive and got them off the computer, then started going through my folder and nuking anything I wouldn't ever need again, and it was plenty.  I only got through the K's, so more to delete today.

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »

Enjoying an ice cold VERNORS.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »

Free Amazon shipping now requires a purchase of $49.  When it was $25, I used to buy things ALL the time.  A CD or a DVD wouldn't be enough, so I would always find something else I wanted for $5 or $10.....then it went to $35.....now $49.

I know the reason is to get me to join Amazon Prime.....but I don't want to do that....so now I shop the MarketPlace now and then.....but no longer buy new on Amazon.

I found that out the hard way on Saturday. I read recently that amazon is losing money on the free shipping, so I'm not surprised. I, too, will curtail my purchases. Costco.com still has free shipping.

Books are $25 for free shipping.

John G.

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

Free Amazon shipping now requires a purchase of $49.  When it was $25, I used to buy things ALL the time.  A CD or a DVD wouldn't be enough, so I would always find something else I wanted for $5 or $10.....then it went to $35.....now $49.

I know the reason is to get me to join Amazon Prime.....but I don't want to do that....so now I shop the MarketPlace now and then.....but no longer buy new on Amazon.

I found that out the hard way on Saturday. I read recently that amazon is losing money on the free shipping, so I'm not surprised. I, too, will curtail my purchases. Costco.com still has free shipping.

Books are $25 for free shipping.

I was buying a region-free DVD player.
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »

Last night's "Downton Abbey":

Had THE best laugh I've had in a long, long while!  (The identity of "Cassandra").

Lady Mary was definitely chameleonic last night.  Am delighted Edith took her stand.

FWIW, I always hoped Mary would end up with Tom Branson.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:21:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

I just had a scare.  My printer would not print. The paper ran through it but it came out a blank page, Of course there was no trouble shooting booklet with the printer so I was completely stymied.

I tried a color printing and that worked.  After that, things were fine again.  It beats me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:06:36 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:16 PM »

Actually, I'm feeling a little better and have decided to rejoin the human race.

Ginny, your post reminds me of the song "World Take Me Back," cut from Hello, Dolly! that has the line, "World take me back, I wanna be part of the human race again."  I always liked that song.  And here is Ethel herself singing this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOcKTS74Zq4
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:29 PM »

Just had to share. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »

That's crap! >:( I also buy a lot of marketplace sellers' items.  My experience has been (for the most part) if they list it as "like new," it usually is like new.  The only time where that was not the case was a purchase that I made for work.  I bought a talking book on CD and the seller listed it as "like new," but it actually was a USED, FORMER LIBRARY COPY stamped everywhere WITH the library's barcodes and the case was literally falling apart!  WTF??  I sent it back, but was not able to get the shipping credited back when they COMPLETELY lied in the listing.  Damn them. :P

George

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2016, 12:56:53 PM »

Here's my secret:

Don't bother with it during the breakfast hours.  Wait till at least an hour after that period, which ends here at 11 a.m.  Once you're well out of that time frame, they have to make the egg fresh, and none of it has been sitting around waiting for a hapless rushed customer.

Delicious.

Nice!  And I always get it with extra cheese.  It's definitely worth it! 

The problem with my local McD's is that when I've ordered it after midnight (don't judge me), they don't toast the English muffin, they just heat it up...which is not a good way to do it.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »

Last night's "Downton Abbey":

Had THE best laugh I've had in a long, long while!  (The identity of "Cassandra").

Lady Mary was definitely chameleonic last night.  Am delighted Edith took her stand.

FWIW, I always hoped Mary would end up with Tom Branson.

I also laughed out loud at the Cassandra bit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:39:55 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2016, 02:41:05 PM »

I saw that $25 book thing DR JENNIFER - but it didn't make it any nicer for me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »

I wonder if anyone ever took a short walk off a long Pier(rot's) nose.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Kate

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »

Good day all:

TOD;

MICHELANGELO
RAPHAEL
RENOIR
MARY CASSAT

Kate

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »

MY QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Movies are a fad.  Audiences really want to see live action on stage."

ANY GUESSES DRS???

Kate

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »

Regarding Micky Dees:

I agree that the best time to order anything is on the off hours, between. breakfast lunch and dinner.  The food is definately better!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »

MAJOR CRIMES tonight! I missed it last week.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »

I skipped through the Downton post fearing I read too much.

Kate

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2016, 03:42:24 PM »

Last nights Downton Abbey was one of the best episodes ever.  I became actually emotional over some scenes.

I am now hoping Thomas will turn his life around and finally be happy.

George

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »

Well...

George

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »

...since...

George

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:23 PM »

...we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up