Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: VAMP TILL READY  (Read 21691 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:VAMP TILL READY
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2004, 07:21:05 PM »

Panni, where do you board your dog?  Do you like it?  Is it expensive?  Are they attentive and cuddling?  Do they take cats?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2004, 07:22:54 PM »

Welcome back Panni.  If it makes you feel better your return trip from Budapest was much easier than ours from Bratislava.  But then we did not have to move after our return.  

I’m glad you have returned safely.  Get some sleep and good vibes on your move.  

I bet Abie is one happy boy.  :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2004, 07:52:45 PM »

I would like to go to England someday. While I was there I would like to go to Ireland to Churchtown. Oliver Reed is buried there. I would visit him and then go to his favorite pub and have an ale in his memory.
I have been living my dream vacation for about four years now. I travel to Hollywood, California twice a year and meet lots of celebrities like our vey own bk!
Hello, new DR Lachic!

When you get a chance, please tell us about yourself!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2004, 08:03:40 PM »

I'm gonna wussburger tonight, without even reading all of the posts.  I shouldn't feel so tired, not after today, but I guess my need for sleep has finally caught up with me.

Today, we had the driveway paved.  Since we moved in, we've been coping with a steep drive paved with very loose and very large gravel.  I'd call 1" square pieces of gravel large.  Every time any large vehicle tried to get back up our driveway, they'd get stuck.

Today, a fellow knocked on our door.  He'd been putting speedbumps in the parking lots along the highway malls, and since they were getting finished by noon he was trying to find some local business to make a quick profit.  Net result, he was able to get our driveway paved with fresh asphalt, and a very good job done too, while der B was able to save something like a G for the quick job.  Not a bad tradeoff, especially since the work done was very very very (that's a threefer) good.

Der B took Fletcher out while the workers were here, and Fletcher took a hankering to one of the workers, a Cubano negro who was at first startled by this very large dog sniffing at him.  Pretty soon, though, he realized that Fletcher was being friendly, and they were playing on the grass along the street together.  Any other dog would have been bothered by the noise of the machinery, but Fletcher, being deaf, never paid it any attention.

Meanwhile, it looks like Zeus has decided he is part of our family now.  We never had any say in the discussion, he's just nuzzled his way in and made himself one of us.  The only problem this makes is fostering another dog or more further down the line.  We can't adopt every dog that comes our way.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2004, 08:04:50 PM »

Dear DR Panni:

[size=20]Get A Broom![/size]

;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2004, 08:09:44 PM »

Congrats to DR Elmore for Darling of the Day! (That one will appear on my media check tomorrow.)

Welcome back DR Panni!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2004, 08:12:34 PM »

Congrats DR Elmore. I also am very fond of DARLING OF THE DAY.

yes, DR td, I thinkk Jonathan Freeman would be perfect in this.

I'd like to see a production of it some day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2004, 08:14:32 PM »

Well, NUNCRACKERS is, as of tonight's rehearsal, completely blocked and choreographed. Now, as soon as they get me the toe shoes (yep, that's not a typo), I can start dancing my part of "The Nutcracker" on pointe.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

Welcome back DRPANNI.....and please follow DR SWW's advice!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2004, 09:02:06 PM »

Not being able to wait until the weekend - what weekend? I work six days a week! - I plugged in the first disc of GWTW.  
I am duly impressed.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2004, 09:10:04 PM »

And a happy Veteran's Day to all of you, too!

DW Joy reports that Christmas Dreams is a big hit with audiences there in the middle of the U.S.  Opening night was attended by more people than at the two largest Broadway shows combined (!)  Not saying it's at the same quality level, but noting the irony: We live on Broadway, and she travels away to a place to far for me to visit to play for twice as many people...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2004, 10:25:35 PM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  The WUSSBURGERS have overtaken the site.

Just finished watching (at long last) Broadway: The Golden Age (do we think that Broadway: The American Musical was trying just a wee bit too hard to tie itself to this other film? - we do).  I'll have lots to say about it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2004, 11:42:38 PM »

Unbelievable.  Maybe we should just close up the site from ten till six in the morning.  Well, poo on all the WUSSBURGERS.  No more late-night denizens around these here parts I guess.  It was fun while it lasted, though, those giddy late-night soirees here at haineshisway.com

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2004, 11:43:52 PM »

Welcome back Panni.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2004, 11:45:52 PM »

That's all you've got to say?  Nothing is happening in Oz that would interest us?

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2004, 11:49:23 PM »

Keep losing the post!!

computer problems or internet server.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2004, 11:50:03 PM »

Hoo and Ray. I write computer drop pot problems before! Maybe it would have helped.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2004, 11:51:47 PM »

Do any DRs watch "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" on Sunday nights? Well, I am proud and excited to say that my nephew John will is at this very moment working on an upcoming episode! John works for Centex Homes and he was sent up to Seattle to film and episode in which they are building a home for a widow and her 3 children. I don't know if John will get much, if any, time on camera, but we told him to be sure to take his shirt off in order to have the best chance of appearing! LOL! That is if Ty Pennington does not get jealous of having another good looking guy on the show!

Anyway, look for my handsome nephew John in an upcoming episode!!
(he is the blond guy in the dark blue t-shirt)

Good looks must run in the family!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2004, 11:52:15 PM »

Been fortunate in my years of work to be able to save and travel a lot.  Next planned trip is to see the Hainsies of the NW.
Always wanted to go to Egypt but don't think that will ever happen now. No longer wish to see great cities - just wanted soak up the countryside like the recent trip to France. (Still love London though!)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2004, 11:54:56 PM »

Caught up with few time poster "BEEKAY" this week. Lovely guy.  Timing is difficult for him - no-one here when he is available to post and he does like a dialogue. We retired folk don't have such worries.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up