Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: A CONVENTIONAL DITHER  (Read 22177 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:A CONVENTIONAL DITHER
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2004, 08:19:13 PM »

I didn't love the movie clips, although I understood their use here a bit better than the other documentary.  And actually, one of my favorite things in the whole show was the screen test of Laurette Taylor.

Yes, but I had seen that test before in the documentary HOLLYWOOD: THE SELZNICK YEARS.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2004, 09:10:39 PM »

If I may be so bold, I'd like to recommend the Midtown Comfort Inn to you BK.
DR Michael Shayne and I roomed there in August, and I will be staying there again in two weeks.

The Comfort Inn Midtown, The only smoke-free hotel in
New York City, Is conveniently located on 46th Street
between Sixth and Seventh Avenues. Located in the
heart of the Broadway Theater District, walking distance
to New York City's finest restaurants and attractions.
Walk to Rockefeller Center, Times Square, the Museum
of Modern Art, Grand Central Station, Pennsylvania
Station, the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Fifth
Avenue shopping. Experience the history of the city as
you visit Central Park, The Empire State Building, St.
Patrick's Cathedral and the Statue of Liberty.
This 79 room hotel offers a variety of amenities and
services including free Wireless Internet (WiFi),
complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, daily
newspapers, personal safes at the front desk, free local
telephone calls (212 area code and 1-800 numbers only),
small refrigerator on demand (with extra charge), as well
as reduced-rate parking. All rooms are equipped with
iron, ironing board, coffee and coffee maker, hairdryers,
telephone with voicemail, as well as Web TV, Movies on
demand and Video games.
The Comfort Inn Midtown features a 24-hour business
center with complimentary incoming fax, Internet and
copying as well as a 15-person meeting room equipped
with audiovisual display.

Comfort Inn Midtown
129 West 46th St
New York, NY, US, 10036
(212) 221-2600
(212) 764-7481

We did find this one through the online sites.
It's right across from the former High School for the Performing Arts - everybody sing "Fame" right now.
Great little deli right next door, too.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

Thank you for all the lovely welcomes back! I tried to post this morning (woke up at 4!) - but AOL would have none of it. I spent the rest of the day waiting for various people to show up at my new digs. I now have window coverings. I also have a bed I'll need a ladder to climb into. The extra padded mattress on top of the box spring makes the bed HUGE.

Pogue - I boarded Abie at Play it to the Bone in Studio City. 818-763-2904. It was recommended by a producer friend whose dog is her child. I reasoned that if she thought it was good, it must be. Abie had a good time - no ill effects. It's pretty reasonable as far as kennels go. And the staff is caring. Why don't you check it out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 09:49:21 PM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2004, 09:45:02 PM »

To all those who are broom fanatics. I got a new broom before I went to Europe. It's happily living in the new place.

td

• td
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2004, 09:46:47 PM »

Did Abie give you a wet and sloppy "welcome back?"
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2004, 09:49:19 PM »

Welcome home, Panni!
[/font][/size]

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2004, 09:51:43 PM »

Thanks for the info everyone.  I'll be checking all of them out.

Here is an interesting new eBay scam:  A week ago I'd put a bid on a J.C. Leyendecker painting that was up.  I'd written the seller to commiserate with him that he hadn't gotten a bid higher than 1400 bucks (there was a reserve and it hadn't been met).  He told me what the reserve was (5K), so I told him I was going to bid it up into the twos at least, which I did (my bid was 2600 top, and it showed at 2400).  In the last seconds of the auction, some smart person got it for the reserve.  End of story, right?  Wrong.  Today I got two e-mails from different e-mail addresses offering me the eBay "second chance" deal - wherein, if the winning bidder defaults, the seller can offer it to the next highest bidder for their bid price.  I was very excited about it, but found it curious that it came from two different addresses.  However, I remembered that the seller actually had someone else list it for him, so it kind of made sense.  I responded to one of them because they put an e-mail address in the message.  The other I clicked on the "respond now" tab in the e-mail - it takes you directly to eBay and you have to sign in with username and password.  I responded to both, told them I'd take the painting, and would await word.  I got an instant reply from one, saying he'd use eBay's protection program for both of us, and all I had to do was send him my name and address.  I didn't do anything at that point, because I'd begun to smell a ratski.  So, I went into my bid history, found the item, and e-mailed both the fellow who listed it, and the owner of the painting (whose e-mail address was in the listing and completely different from either of the people who offered me the "second chance".  An hour later I got a reply from the owner saying the painting had indeed sold and been shipped at that this was a scam.  I immediately changed my password, and thankfully nothing in my eBay activities had been compromised (in other words, this particular username has no credit card associated with the account).  In the meantime, I got an e-mail from scammer number two offering to do the same "protected" eBay thing - which means they've got a scam program set up to look like eBay's program and I would innocently be asked to go to the eBay site via the e-mail, and give them my credit card number or paypal account number and all that stuff for them to scam me.  The weird thing, of course, is that the e-mails I received were both from working e-mail addresses.  I asked both to provide me with contact info so I could call and make the deal.  I think that probably has tipped them off, and I suspect that both e-mail addresses have been shut down.  I've alerted eBay and sent copies of all the e-mails they sent me.  We'll see what happens.

Panni

« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2004, 09:53:22 PM »

Thank you, TCB!

td - Yes, Abie gave me lots of sloppy kisses. I was so tired when I finally went to bed last night that I didn't let him out to do his final business of the night. He didn't seem to care. All he wanted to do was cuddle. As he slept at my feet, every once in a while he'd stretch and give a satisfied sigh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 09:54:08 PM by Panni »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2004, 10:08:38 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from New York City!

Whew!

Saw some good shows.  Met some good people.  Ate some good meals.  Had a great time!  -Oh, and we even went back and tried a few more flavors of grappa (red currant and pear, in addition to the previous pineapple)!  -Thankfully, the restaurant was only a block away from the hotel! ;)

The drive back today was the most unpleasant thing about the whole trip.  It rained the whole time.  And since it was Friday, we also had to deal with the rush-hour traffic once we hit the DC area - we ended up taking a dinner/driving break at Tysons Corner (shopping center).

Well, I'm very tired, and this cold rain has just made me feel even moreso.  I'll catch up and post come morning.

Laters...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2004, 10:41:42 PM »

Hi, Iris!  I'm comin' to NY.

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2004, 11:35:04 PM »

Just read that the "Woman In White" is bound for Broadway in Nov 1965.
Maybe it will be entirely rewritten and rescored!

Thrilling news.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2004, 11:37:21 PM »

Guess it could be worse - "Eureka" is closing here.. That could move to Broadway and you would really have horror. The Oz rewrite of "Les Mis" with a touch of "Lola Montez".  Just what the world needs.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2004, 11:37:50 PM »

A dialogue with myself is so informative.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2004, 11:38:47 PM »

I was given a copy of "Mozart" this week. Have yet to play it.  Has anyone else ventured into this musical?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2004, 11:40:44 PM »

Also the European version of "The Ten Commandments" the other day. I think it may have been rewritten but what I heard was so bland. The last score I heard with so little variety was "Wuthering Heights". (Not to be confused with that other wonderful score for "Heathcliff).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2004, 11:42:44 PM »

Has been a while since I was my own best friend (I mean since I was my own frenzy).
I wonder if the Dave Clark musical "Time" has ever made it to CD. Must check that out. There were so many songs released as chart possibilities from that show.  
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2004, 11:47:48 PM »

Nobody here but us chickens.  Or gherkins.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up