Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ICKY LITTLE DAY  (Read 3494 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE ICKY LITTLE DAY
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2016, 01:37:22 PM »

Yes, nice to see Cilla here.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »

I did the laundry, but must take care of some cleaning. It won't all get done--THAT I know--but I'll attempt to do some of it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »

TTFN.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »

Two Moross number to go. Mañana.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »

Very nice photo and clipping, Jrand!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »

Here is a picture from 2002, when I played the upstairs neighbor on the make in BAREFOOT IN THE PARK.  Someone in this picture is wearing a wig.

I wonder who was wearing the wig ;)

Nice pic.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »

Can you tell I'm feeling just a little stressed? Ugh!

Understandably.

GOOD VIBES!!!!!

FJL

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »

This morning's drama: our thieves broke into our mailboxes again. Apparently, they are under the misapprehension that we receive our mail very early in the day. In reality, we are lucky if we receive it at all, and when we do get it it's not until evening.

Can a camera be put up so that they'll be caught?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »

Back from a sad visit to Mystery and Imagination Books, where other dealers have already picked the shelves of anything decent - like little vultures circling their prey.  Christine loved the notes I wrote about the shop, and I walked around looking at stuff and bought a couple of books for old times' sake. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »

Definitely feeling better.  Had some rice just now and a bagel.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »

Can you tell I'm feeling just a little stressed? Ugh!

Understandably.

GOOD VIBES!!!!!

Thanks.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2016, 03:50:50 PM »

This morning's drama: our thieves broke into our mailboxes again. Apparently, they are under the misapprehension that we receive our mail very early in the day. In reality, we are lucky if we receive it at all, and when we do get it it's not until evening.

I've been told that it's been looked into and is quite expensive. I can't believe that something more can't be done, but when I tried to discuss it with the manager this morning I got nowhere. She's very locked into old ways of thinking. Also, the problem must be widespread--not just this building. I've spoken to the police, but they were rather blasé. Can the thieves open the boxes at the Post Office? Supposedly they have a copy of the master key. It just seems to me that something more can and should be done. The police even say they know who the couple is.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2016, 03:51:58 PM »

Glad you're feeling better, Bruce. Maybe you need to be a bit more careful about what you eat?  ;)

Jane

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »

Back from a sad visit to Mystery and Imagination Books, where other dealers have already picked the shelves of anything decent - like little vultures circling their prey.  Christine loved the notes I wrote about the shop, and I walked around looking at stuff and bought a couple of books for old times' sake. 

:(

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2016, 04:50:31 PM »

Yes, nice to see Cilla here.
thank you

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »

Time to pack up my five Nicholas Cage heads and go to the party.  It's Raising Arizona tonight. I'm half way tempted to stay home. It's so hot out and these friends are the kind who sit outside and just deal with it.  UGH

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2016, 04:53:19 PM »

I think I'll go and take the Nicholases, maybe have a cocktail and then come home.   We'll see.  Better run

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »

Page three?  Really?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2016, 05:08:31 PM »

What a bizarre and disappointing Fantasticks BK speaks of.

Why, Lord?  Why?

There are a lot of lousy directors working on Broadway as well. There are as many in the professional theatre as in the community productions.

I saw a community theater production down in Portland, Oregon many years ago where they added dancers...and mothers!  They split each of the father's lines between each set of parents.  I knew the director/music director.  He also did the same thing at a theater in Ohio.  There was a big article in the local paper and the rights holders found out.  They sent a cease-and-decist letter and (rightly) had to fire the dancers and the mothers.

Talk about wrong on every level.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2016, 05:09:08 PM »

I've been told that it's been looked into and is quite expensive. I can't believe that something more can't be done, but when I tried to discuss it with the manager this morning I got nowhere. She's very locked into old ways of thinking. Also, the problem must be widespread--not just this building. I've spoken to the police, but they were rather blasé. Can the thieves open the boxes at the Post Office? Supposedly they have a copy of the master key. It just seems to me that something more can and should be done. The police even say they know who the couple is.

That's just too bad.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »

Here is a picture from 2002, when I played the upstairs neighbor on the make in BAREFOOT IN THE PARK.  Someone in this picture is wearing a wig.

Nice picture, Jrand!

George

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2016, 05:30:46 PM »

Today, I've been at home just watching episodes of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"  I have three episodes left and then this DVR is empty.  I still have my other DVR, which still has a lot of stuff on it.

George

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »

Tonight is TAO's last show of our first weekend.  We won't have another show until next Thursday.

George

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2016, 05:46:20 PM »

Topic of the Day (in alphabetical order):

At Long Last Love
Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Enchanted
The First Nudie Musical
Holiday Inn
Singin' in the Rain
There's No Business Like Show Business
Were the World Mine
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Wizard of Oz
White Christmas
Xanadu

George

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2016, 05:50:40 PM »

And now, I'm off to the theater.  As of this moment, we have 16 tickets presold.  I'm sure we'll get some walk-up.

Be back later.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »

The headband makes it less obvious
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2016, 06:47:07 PM »

What a bizarre and disappointing Fantasticks BK speaks of.

Why, Lord?  Why?

There are a lot of lousy directors working on Broadway as well. There are as many in the professional theatre as in the community productions.

I saw a community theater production down in Portland, Oregon many years ago where they added dancers...and mothers!  They split each of the father's lines between each set of parents.  I knew the director/music director.  He also did the same thing at a theater in Ohio.  There was a big article in the local paper and the rights holders found out.  They sent a cease-and-decist letter and (rightly) had to fire the dancers and the mothers.

Talk about wrong on every level.

I think I remember that the script for The Fantasticks states emphatically that The Mute is not to be dressed as a clown.  Not long after playing that role in the DR Elmore-directed production here in Middletown, I saw a Miami University production in which The Mute was costumed in baggy clothes with 3 big clown pom-poms down the front.  Now, we all know, The Mute should look like this:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2016, 06:50:13 PM »

Jane

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »

The headband makes it less obvious

The headband makes me think she is wearing a fall, not a wig.  I had one of those when my hair was short.  I don't know why they were called a fall instead of hair attachment-lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up