Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MEETING HAYLEY  (Read 3961 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: MEETING HAYLEY
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 08:02:46 AM »

I have found many authors I have spoken to very interesting, but they were brief conversations. 

I have spoken with many actors.  I rate Henry Jones as the most interesting, not that we was actually speaking just with me.  I had the privilege to be invited to the same evening for dinner.

The most interesting celebrity I have spoken to, and the one I have had the most conversations with, is Ray Bradbury. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:05:56 AM by Jane »

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 08:03:35 AM »

BK, great notes today about your get-together with Hayley Mills and Richard Sherman!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2016, 08:05:51 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Pasadena Playhouse for the long day, and then our show.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2016, 08:14:51 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 08:15:28 AM »

Made it safely to Louisville, despite some misadventures on the road.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2016, 08:16:17 AM »

The bird has also survived. And he's trying out for the next production of Peter Pan, because all he seems to be doing is crowing. ++

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 08:17:58 AM »

TOD:

I have met more than a few back in the day, but I guess the ones that meant the most were Lena Horne, Bobby Short, Harold Nicholas, Lily Tomlin and Charles Strouse.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 08:18:22 AM »

Tomorrow I am seeing Barbra Streisand in concert. First seeing her live.

Have a great time!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »

Celebrities, Hmmm . . .

Most fun: Elaine Stritch, Jim Dale, Stockard Channing, Stephen Sondheim, Jerry Herman, Ilka Chase, Twiggy

Not fun: Kiri Te Kanawa, F. Murray Abraham

You didn't like Murray Abraham?

I met him when he was playing Al Capone in the film I wrote.  He seemed like a nice guy.  We spoke on the phone a few times after that.

My friend Carol worked wardrobe on the Madison Square Garden production of Christmas Carol. She said that the season Abraham played Scrooge, he was always nice to the people backstage. She had him autograph a DVD of Amadeus as a gift for me. (Likewise, Tony Roberts autographed a CD of How Now, Dow Jones for me when he played Scrooge.)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »

BK, great notes today about your get-together with Hayley Mills and Richard Sherman!

They were, indeed. Kritzer Time is next on the list when I get back home.
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 08:28:24 AM »

Hello from Amtrak train 185.  I've been catching up on notes and posts from the last several days. 

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 08:34:22 AM »

TOD - James Roosevelt, son of FDR and Eleanor.  He visited the Miami University Middletown campus when I was library director there.  This photo was taken at a faculty member's home by our campus PR guy, who delivered a print to me the next morning.  That afternoon, when JR visited the library he autographed the photo and we chatted about pop culture portrayals of his father (like in Annie).  I'm on the far right in the photo and the other women are my friends Stefanie and Jenny. 

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:43:03 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 08:36:27 AM »

Welcome to the Ohio Valley, DR John G!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »

Celebrities, Hmmm . . .

Most fun: Elaine Stritch, Jim Dale, Stockard Channing, Stephen Sondheim, Jerry Herman, Ilka Chase, Twiggy

I met him when he was playing Al Capone in the film I wrote.  He seemed like a nice guy.  We spoke on the phone a few times after that.

Awful man.  He was either rude and insulting to the Drama Book Shop employees or overly nice.  So were Tom Hulce, Jeff Daniels and Fran Liebowitz.  Tovah Feldshuh could be unpleasant at Barnes & Noble.

Also fun: Madeleine Kahn, Ann Meara, Jerry Stiller, Hume Cronyn, Lynn Redgrave, Milton Berle, and composer Johnny Green, whom I loved.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:48:38 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »

I'm glad both you and your bird have arrived safely.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »

At 2:30 I'm seeing Dr Gitlin about these hip injections.  Before I go, I need a trip to post office.

~~~Hip Injection Vibes!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2016, 09:32:14 AM »

Great notes and pictures.

VIBES for a greater than ever long day and show!

DITTO!
&
DITTO!

~~~DITTO TWO AND DITTO TOO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Pasadena Playhouse for the long day, and then our show.

~~~Break Legs Vibes for BK and Hayley and Richard and the Rest of the Cast!!~~~

George

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:13 AM »

The most interesting celebrity I have spoken to, and the one I have had the most conversations with, is Ray Bradbury.

Wow!  That's pretty cool, Jane!

George

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:35 AM »

TOD - James Roosevelt, son of FDR and Eleanor.  He visited the Miami University Middletown campus when I was library director there.  This photo was taken at a faculty member's home by our campus PR guy, who delivered a print to me the next morning.  That afternoon, when JR visited the library he autographed the photo and we chatted about pop culture portrayals of his father (like in Annie).  I'm on the far right in the photo and the other women are my friends Stefanie and Jenny. 

That's pretty cool, too, Ginny!

Jane

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2016, 09:34:23 AM »

Thanks George.  Well, when you live near someone and run into them periodically ;)

Jane

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »

That's pretty cool, too, Ginny!

Yes it is.

George

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 10:16:17 AM »

Celebrities, Hmmm . . .

Awful man.  He was either rude and insulting to the Drama Book Shop employees or overly nice.  So were Tom Hulce, Jeff Daniels and Fran Liebowitz.  Tovah Feldshuh could be unpleasant at Barnes & Noble.

Also fun: Madeleine Kahn, Ann Meara, Jerry Stiller, Hume Cronyn, Lynn Redgrave, Milton Berle, and composer Johnny Green, whom I loved.

I knew Johnny Green through my client, Paul Francis Webster, who wrote the lyrics for the title song of RAINTREE COUNTY.  I also found him to be very pleasant.

I met Milton Berle when I accompanied client Abe Vigoda to a Friar's Club roast.  He was..."Milton Berle".

You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »

Thanks, DRs George and Jane!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 10:26:01 AM »

Celebrities, Hmmm . . .

I knew Johnny Green through my client, Paul Francis Webster, who wrote the lyrics for the title song of RAINTREE COUNTY.  I also found him to be very pleasant.

I met Milton Berle when I accompanied client Abe Vigoda to a Friar's Club roast.  He was..."Milton Berle".

With regard to Murray Abraham, I certainly don't know what was going on at the time, but I can understand how somebody might lose their patience with a bookstore clerk.

The fact that somebody works in a bookstore does not mean they are well read.

I didn't lose my temper and wasn't rude, but I recall two different instances where I was in a bookstore, asked the clerk for a title, and they replied: "Do you have an author?"

The books were DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE and OTHELLO.

I guess they don't teach basic literature in school any longer.  They just teach to the test.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:28:25 AM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 10:28:33 AM »

Nice photo DR GINNY....thanks for sharing....and for the story.

My friend worked with F. Murray Abraham on a tv show......my friend asked him what the "F" stood for, and he replied:  "Famous."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »

Nice photo DR GINNY....thanks for sharing....and for the story.

My friend worked with F. Murray Abraham on a tv show......my friend asked him what the "F" stood for, and he replied:  "Famous."

He wishes.  He is one of the "inexplicable" Oscar winners...along with Adrian Brody and Gwyneth Paltrow and Halle Berry, et. al.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2016, 12:26:30 PM »

Hello, everyone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up