Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UNSINKABLE TAMMY GRIMES  (Read 5479 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE UNSINKABLE TAMMY GRIMES
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2016, 11:28:18 AM »

PAGE THREE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2016, 11:54:15 AM »

DR John, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SISTER!

Keith is working on our flights to Austin.  To my shock there aren't any non-stop flights.  I hate extra landings as I am more likely to get airsick during the landing.  Tell me again how pretty the Riverwalk is at Christmas time ;)

My aunt the nun LOVES to get on flights with the most stops.  She loves to go up and down in an airplane! :D

I wonder if that's where the idea for "The Flying Nun" came from.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

Has anyone linked the theme song from the animated series THE ROMAN HOLIDAYS yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1AqzpKnotA

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »

Keith is working on our flights to Austin.  To my shock there aren't any non-stop flights.  I hate extra landings as I am more likely to get airsick during the landing.  Tell me again how pretty the Riverwalk is at Christmas time ;)

My aunt the nun LOVES to get on flights with the most stops.  She loves to go up and down in an airplane! :D

I wonder if that's where the idea for "The Flying Nun" came from.

:)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »

I wish I did  :P

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 12:14:42 PM »

It's beautiful, Jane.

:)

Maybe we will just have to do a layover on one of the stops.
Since it is Christmas, Keith moved us to the Westin.  It should be prettier in the lobby with, I hope, a nice tree.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »

Beautiful photos DR John, thank you.  :-*

Jane

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »

DR John you were sweet not to correct me when I said Austin instead of San Antonio. 

FJL

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »

Wow, great photos, John G!

George

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »

Has anyone linked the theme song from the animated series THE ROMAN HOLIDAYS yet?

Gotta love those Hanna-Barbera cartoons!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2016, 01:46:39 PM »

DR FJL that is very bizarre.....I have never seen an episode of that show....nor had I heard of it before RIGHT NOW!

Nice photos DR JOHN G
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - have been up since 9:45 after about six-and-a-half hours of sleep.  But the minute I got up I had a little fit of irritation that got the better of me, I'm afraid, although I didn't do what I REALLY wanted to do, which was be really nasty.  I cannot tell you how disappointing ticket sales for The Brain are - it's pathetic and I am really annoyed with so many of my friends who not only can't be bothered to book tickets (half-price available if they can't afford full), they don't even say why they can't come if they can't.  But I think we all know they can and they're just too lazy to get off their complacent ASSES and be supportive, and that includes a LOT of alums from the theater department.  I cannot wait until they ask me to come support them - only then will I write the e-mail I so wanted to write today.  Of course, you know many of them who are on Facebook will say exactly what one person from there said this morning: "I knew nothing about it."  Now, I have been posting EVERY SINGLE DAY about the cast, always linking to BPT.  Sorry, but these people are NEVER off Facebook and there's no way they didn't see at least one of these posts. 

So, I wrote a strong Facebook post, and a strong e-mail - I tried to keep it light in tone, and let me tell you how hard that was.  We'll see if that results in any sales today.  I was seriously ready to cancel this morning and I probably would have were it not for Alet and Cason flying in to do this.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »

DR ChasSmith just left me at Artie's after a fantastic visit and dinner.  There was much gossip and many laughs.  I now have more pumpkin raisin cookies and Vernor's than I've seen in ages. What a good fellow!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »

DR FJL that is very bizarre.....I have never seen an episode of that show....nor had I heard of it before RIGHT NOW!

Nice photos DR JOHN G

Had never heard of this?

Or this?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:55:47 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »

Since making the e-mail and Facebook things not one single reservation despite THREE people telling me they would do it immediately.  At this point it seems almost spiteful, like they just want to wait until Monday morning to reserve.  These people have no idea, NO idea. :)

KevinH

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2016, 04:12:10 PM »

Good evening!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2016, 04:18:32 PM »

Back from a two-and-a-half mile jog.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »

The latter DR RLP.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2016, 04:26:25 PM »

I wish someone in California would do a staged reading of BRAINEX......

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »

Gotta love those Hanna-Barbera cartoons!

Maybe you do ;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »

DR ChasSmith just left me at Artie's after a fantastic visit and dinner.  There was much gossip and many laughs.  I now have more pumpkin raisin cookies and Vernor's than I've seen in ages. What a good fellow!

It sounds like a perfect evening :)

KevinH

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »

Nice tribute to Ms. Grimes, BK!

KevinH

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2016, 04:35:46 PM »

Thanks to BK, I got to meet Walter Willison, who was delightful!   

Me too!  He was very nice when we met at Joe Allen.  And I saw him last year at 54 Below's tribute to Grand Hotel. He played the narrator/doctor.  He remembered me and was friendly.

KevinH

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2016, 04:37:12 PM »

The wedding Saturday was very elegant (at the winery  in Charlottesville, VA).  The only problem-it started at 5:30 pm and the sun was very bright.  I had to shield my eyes during the ceremony.

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »

And on Sunday I went to Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson.  I wish I could have spent more time but I was anxious to get back on the road for my 2 3/4 hour trip home.

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2016, 04:38:36 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR John G's sister!

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »

Glad to hear DH Richard's good news, DR Ginny!

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »

The warm weather is back --it was in the 70's today and will be tomorrow as well.  Then down to the low 60's for a while.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »

Thank you for the weather report.  I'm glad you had a nice weekend, sun and all ;)

George

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »

And speaking of Candide (as we were just yesterday)...Linda Lavin Will Make NY City Opera Debut in Candide:

The cast has been announced for the 2017 New York City Opera production.

New York City Opera’s production of Leonard Bernstein’s Candide will mark a notable New York City Opera debut with the role of the Old Lady. It will be played by Linda Lavin, the Tony Award-winning actor best known for playing the title role in the television series Alice.

Directed by Tony winner Harold Prince and choreographed by Tony nominee Patricia Birch, performances will begin January 6, 2017, at Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Rose Theater.

The cast of Bernstein’s comic operetta also includes Tony Award nominee Gregg Edelman (City of Angels, Passion, Into the Woods) as Voltaire, Pangloss, Governor, Businessman, Police Chief, 2nd Gambler, and Wisest Man; Jay Armstrong Johnson (Sweeney Todd, On the Town; The Most Happy Fella) as Candide; Meghan Picerno (Don Giovanni, Die Zauberflöte, Hansel and Gretel) as Cunegonde; Keith Phares (The Barber of Seville, Les pêcheurs de perles, Mourning Becomes Electra, The Little Prince) as Maximilian; and Jessica Tyler Wright (War Horse, Sweeney Todd, Allegro, Candide) as Paquette.

Guest-starring as the various characters encountered by Candide are Chip Zien (Into the Woods) as Max’s Servant Hugo, Radu, Judge, Father Bernard, Rich Jew, and First Gambler; and Brooks Ashmanskas (Shuffle Along) as Pasha-Prefect, Baron, Grand Inquisitor, and Slave Driver.

Additional production details will be announced at a later date.

Candide will run for six performances through January 12, 2017. Performance dates and times are January 6 at 7:30 PM, January 7 at 2 PM and 8 PM, January 8 at 4 PM, January 11 at 7:30 PM, and January 12 at 7:30 PM....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up