Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SHRINKING SOAP  (Read 2157 times)

FJL

Re: SHRINKING SOAP
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 08:26:24 AM »

In the vein of seeing TCB onstage live, if funds were unlimited, I was very tempted way back to go see Jrand in the Trouble with Accountant piece. 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »

Just returned from Redbox where I rented FLORENCE FOSTER JENKINS to watch tonight.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »

Amy, your enthusiasm for travel is overwhelming.

:)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »

A trip to New York in March for The New Yorkers, Cole Porter and Elmore is definite possibility.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2016, 09:13:28 AM »

A trip to New York in March for The New Yorkers, Cole Porter and Elmore is definite possibility.

Yay - we're planning to be there, too!

If I could go anywhere right now, it would be to Europe for a Christmas markets cruise on AMA Waterways...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 09:39:53 AM »

I am home from therapy and a few new exercises and several old ones.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It's snowing here in SW Ohio, enough to cover the grass and trees.  The pavements don't look too bad, so I'm hoping the drive to my pre-op physical won't be a problem...

A pre-op for your eyes.  I don't remember Keith having one, possibly blood work.  I hope all is good.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »

We are off the hook for tonight and can stay home. :)

Jane

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »

Amy, your enthusiasm for travel is overwhelming.

;D

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  It's snowing here in SW Ohio, enough to cover the grass and trees.  The pavements don't look too bad, so I'm hoping the drive to my pre-op physical won't be a problem...

A pre-op for your eyes.  I don't remember Keith having one, possibly blood work.  I hope all is good.

Required by the surgery center.  I tried to get out of it, based on the routine exam I had the day before Thanksgiving, but that didn't fall within their 30-day time frame.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »

Good morning.

Laura, in your signature, you have this interchange:
Me: "I have something horrifying to tell you."
Daughter: "What?"
Me: "Remember how I talked about a meatball salad as a joke?"
Daughter: "Yes."
Me: "Well, I googled it. Seems there are a lot of recipes out there for it."
Daughter: "..."
Me: "..."
Daughter: "Just ... no."

Did you know that you can get a Meatball Marinara Salad from Subway?  It really is a thing!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »

Those 30 day time frames can be annoying ;)

Jane

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »

Good morning.

Laura, in your signature, you have this interchange:
Me: "I have something horrifying to tell you."
Daughter: "What?"
Me: "Remember how I talked about a meatball salad as a joke?"
Daughter: "Yes."
Me: "Well, I googled it. Seems there are a lot of recipes out there for it."
Daughter: "..."
Me: "..."
Daughter: "Just ... no."

Did you know that you can get a Meatball Marinara Salad from Subway?  It really is a thing!

I had missed this ;D

George

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »

Perhaps it' time for MR BK to switch to liquid hand soap.

Or a body wash for his showering.  I haven't used bar soap in years.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »

LOL DR FJL.....the writer of the original A DOLL'S HOUSE was no slouch either.....

As someone back in school once said, "You mean Henry Gibson... the guy from Laugh-In?"

:))

George

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »

DR FJL, I believe it was Dec. 1997 that we recorded The Most Happy Fella with Emily Loesser and Louis Quilico in London.  It was a wonderful week, and I remember antique shopping with Jo Sullivan Loesser in this mall made of converted 19th century town houses before we hit Oxford Street for her to do soem Christmas shopping.  There was a light snowfall, and I fwlt at times that I was plunked down in the midst of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. It was one of my most wonderful week on any project.

What a beautiful description, Larry! 

One of these years, with some wise advance planning and budgeting, I'm determined that Skip and I will get to London at Christmas time!

The one time I went to London was in December, 2001.  It was very nice and not too cold, from what I remember. :)

Jane

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 12:05:35 PM »

From Goodreads today regarding my personal reading challenge.

You read 111 out of 140 books.
79%
There are still 18 days left! You can do it!

Even reading my fastest there is no way I can meet my challenge this year ;D

John G.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2016, 01:30:12 PM »

If they were good books, Jane, that's all that matters.

Or you could revisit Dr. Seuss.
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »

Good Afternoon

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »

TOD - London, hands down.   When do we leave?

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »

I passed my physical and they gave me a paper copy of my EKG.  Paramedic Rob says he hasn't seen one so textbook perfect since he last opened a textbook.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 02:07:52 PM »

DR FJL, I believe it was Dec. 1997 that we recorded The Most Happy Fella with Emily Loesser and Louis Quilico in London.  It was a wonderful week, and I remember antique shopping with Jo Sullivan Loesser in this mall made of converted 19th century town houses before we hit Oxford Street for her to do soem Christmas shopping.  There was a light snowfall, and I fwlt at times that I was plunked down in the midst of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. It was one of my most wonderful week on any project.

What a beautiful description, Larry! 

One of these years, with some wise advance planning and budgeting, I'm determined that Skip and I will get to London at Christmas time!

The one time I went to London was in December, 2001.  It was very nice and not too cold, from what I remember. :)

We arrived in London on January 3, 2013, and, because it was not yet Epiphany, all the Christmas decorations were still up.  Unlike here, where they'll be putting out the Valentines on December 26...

George

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »

I passed my physical and they gave me a paper copy of my EKG.  Paramedic Rob says he hasn't seen one so textbook perfect since he last opened a textbook.

Great news, Ginny!

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »

Great news, Ginny!

Thanks, DR George!

Our primary care physician did a fair amount of kvetching about the demands of the surgery center, which is not right here in Middletown.  I think he's just ticked off because I found an opthalmologist to do a routine eye exam last year.  He said, "You'll never find an MD who'll do that!"  Excuse me, I did and, given Richard's and my needs this year, I'm glad. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »

Good news DR GINNY!

DR FJL - it would have been great to have you at TTWA.....it was a pretty sparse production in a small space - but it was a lot of fun...and the kids were most all of them very good.

As far as I know, the authors are doing nothing else with it.....one is still here in Indiana and the other has graduated and is teaching music in Texas....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2016, 02:56:10 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I've been up since ten, but everything got away from me - had telephonic calls for advice, had many e-mails to answer, and then went to Du-Par's and had a small Caesar and mac-and-cheese, don't ask me why.  Then I picked up a few packages and came home and naturally uploaded CDs.  Two Sibelius boxes arrived today, along with a lovely gift from dear reader FJL and his ever-lovin' Skip - Godiva. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2016, 03:01:30 PM »

First uploads were an eleven CD set called Sibelius Great Performances, which I got specifically for the set of the seven symphonies conducted by Anthony Collins.  These are, according to the wags, legendary performances.  They were, in fact, the first complete set ever recorded by one conductor with one orchestra, in mono of course, between 1952 and 1955 (of course they were doing stereo recordings back then).  I've been listening to them as I've uploaded the other discs (there are in his set three recordings of my favorite, the fifth symphony, plus some other material I didn't have at all - lots in stereo, too.  The Collins are very nice and the mono sound is very good.  He's definitely a no-nonsense conductor, but there is something very fresh about these - no real poetry here, just good, honest readings made when Sibelius was still with us.  I very much like his first and fifth and slowly going through the others - they can't hold a candle sonically to the stereo recordings, but I'm enjoying these brisk, take no prisoners performances a lot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2016, 03:05:40 PM »

The other box is by conductor Maurice Abravanel, a mostly unsung conductor whose work I've enjoyed - these got some high marks - not world class, but I'm at least interested enough to hear them and it was as cheap as cheap can be.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2016, 03:12:51 PM »

Good news DR GINNY!

Thanks, DR JRand!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I've been up since ten, but everything got away from me - had telephonic calls for advice, had many e-mails to answer, and then went to Du-Par's and had a small Caesar and mac-and-cheese, don't ask me why.  Then I picked up a few packages and came home and naturally uploaded CDs.  Two Sibelius boxes arrived today, along with a lovely gift from dear reader FJL and his ever-lovin' Skip - Godiva. 

Lady?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up