Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOWER EFFECT  (Read 3035 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE SHOWER EFFECT
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2017, 02:34:35 PM »

Or what you will.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »

I went and had a Chinese chicken salad and a bagel, and picked up a couple of packages.  Due to all the phone stuff, I only got one page done before lunch, after the futzing and finessing.  I just wrote another and will keep on going and at least get six or seven done - the rest I can do tonight, but I definitely want to finish this chapter.

Laura

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »

I guess I slept off the pills. I'm a little sore, but nothing bad.

I didn't get any good drugs for afterwards. I guess they don't do them any more with the crackdown on dentists giving out good stuff.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

KevinH

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2017, 04:00:48 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »

We're expecting a little snow--maybe an inch! 

KevinH

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2017, 04:01:24 PM »

Health vibes for all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2017, 04:13:56 PM »

Seven pages so far, and I'll probably do three or four more in a bit.  For now, break time. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2017, 04:14:35 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 04:14:46 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »

I am home and it wasn't bad at all. I took the nerve pill, which was mild. They also said they added nitrous oxide oxide, since my blood pressure was a little high. The procedure was nothing to even worry about.

I had no idea I used "nerve" pills for my first 7 MRI's ;D

I am glad it went well.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

Almost an hour dealing with DirecTV, most of that on hold.  I told them I was so annoyed at the hold time that they should just cancel the service.  He ultimately brought my price down by twenty dollars, so I agreed to stay with them for a year.  Then I'll reassess. 

I know that Comcast has a Loyalties department.  If you've been a long-time customer, you can ask (and usually get) a discount because you've been a customer for so long.  I need to renew that for myself.

When we told Craig we were getting Comcast here he ranted about them for 15 minutes. Craig is not one to rant.  Fortunately we have been very happy but he sure has had problems.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »

I guess I slept off the pills. I'm a little sore, but nothing bad.

I didn't get any good drugs for afterwards. I guess they don't do them any more with the crackdown on dentists giving out good stuff.

Not even a couple?  Since the "good" stuff makes me sick I take Tylenol.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

We saw our new dermatologist today and were very pleased.  We were both way overdue for this, especially me.  Things removed, biopsies done, and things sprayed off.  I am already blistering and looking funny ;) 

Jane

« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »

We then did errands, went out to lunch, to the market, bundled up and went for a long walk.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »

Glad to hear that Laura's procedure went smoothly, without much soreness.

Vibes that this continues.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »

Good news from DR Ginny, as well. I'll be interested to hear about her progress with "matched" eyes.

Laura

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »

I am home and it wasn't bad at all. I took the nerve pill, which was mild. They also said they added nitrous oxide oxide, since my blood pressure was a little high. The procedure was nothing to even worry about.

I am glad it went well.

I was probably still a little high on the "nerve pill" when I typed that.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »

Almost an hour dealing with DirecTV, most of that on hold.  I told them I was so annoyed at the hold time that they should just cancel the service.  He ultimately brought my price down by twenty dollars, so I agreed to stay with them for a year.  Then I'll reassess. 

I know that Comcast has a Loyalties department.  If you've been a long-time customer, you can ask (and usually get) a discount because you've been a customer for so long.  I need to renew that for myself.

some companies call it a retention department. If you're ready to cancel, they will give you a better deal, more so than the standard customer service person.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 04:44:41 PM »

When we told Craig we were getting Comcast here he ranted about them for 15 minutes. Craig is not one to rant.  Fortunately we have been very happy but he sure has had problems.

You're the first person I've ever heard of who has been happy with Comcast. Every time their name is brought up I hear a rant, just like Craig's. I'd like to think they've turned over a new leaf.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »

As much as I like rain and cool weather I'm ready for it to dry up and warm up a bit. LA does not deal well with extended periods of rain or cold. We were lucky that our rain, which is forecasted to continue over the coming weeks, has been sporadic. Less flooding, easier to live with.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »

I used to ADORE avocado and cheese sandwiches. They weren't difficult to come by here, but when I moved east they were practically non-existent. My favorite now are veggie burgers, though I still like avocado sandwiches, with or without the cheese.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »

I am glad it went well.

I was probably still a little high on the "nerve pill" when I typed that.

It is great that it worked :D

Jane

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »

You're the first person I've ever heard of who has been happy with Comcast. Every time their name is brought up I hear a rant, just like Craig's. I'd like to think they've turned over a new leaf.

That is what they said they were doing when we signed up.  We have had some issues as with most things.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2017, 04:53:49 PM »

We hated Directv in our last home, plus our options were limited.  We have too many options now and a fast internet-heaven. 

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »

I used to ADORE avocado and cheese sandwiches. They weren't difficult to come by here, but when I moved east they were practically non-existent. My favorite now are veggie burgers, though I still like avocado sandwiches, with or without the cheese.

Avocado on veggie burgers is very good.  I discovered that in Ashland at a restaurant that made delicious bean burgers topped with avocado slices.  They called it an awesome burger and it was awesome.  Unfortunately the owners decided to retire.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2017, 04:57:01 PM »

I haven't had much trouble with Comcast, at all.  It's too expensive, but that's a separate issue.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2017, 04:57:56 PM »

That restaurant and a couple of others made delicious eggplant sandwiches.  My favorite sandwich didn't have bread.  Fried breaded eggplant slices were used instead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up