Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OOMPH FACTOR  (Read 22296 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE OOMPH FACTOR
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2004, 01:09:18 PM »

Off to a  board meeting of the theatre group.  Whew!  Back later!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2004, 01:15:43 PM »

Jane, Ann has the group photo on her phone.  She needs to adjust the lighting (and hopefully retouch my youthful face).  Hopefully she will post it in the next few days.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2004, 01:20:24 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just taking a brief break right now from my puttering around the kitchen.  I got the dishes washed, and then I started checking out what was "hiding" in the cupboards.  And there was a lot of stuff hiding.  I threw out a bunch expired and VERY expired items, plus anything that had been opened but that I couldn't remember when it was opened.  I even cleaned out some of the stuff from my roommate's side of cupboard.  "Hmm, this can is bulging...".

I've been spending the past few minutes checking out the meaning of the various packing codes that are one various canned goods on their manufacturer's websites.  Unfortunately, most of the sites don't provide that much information, except for the general "if kept under ideal conditions, product can be stored for years."  Hmm.. I just want to know how many years is meant by "years".  Well, I guess the next time I open something up, I'll be able to tell.

I know the quality of canned goods can and will degrade over time, but, supposedly, the goods should still be edible.  Eh...  Any advice, opions, comments from the peanut gallery?

OK.  Back to the kitchen...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2004, 01:25:23 PM »

Panni the color of your rug warms up the room and goes nicely with the beautiful throw blanket Abie is on.  Is that only a blanket or do I also see a matching throw pillow?  BTW, Abie looks sweet when he sleeps.  What does he look like when he is running? :)

Yes, that's a matching pillow. The two were a great bargain on Sale at Pier 1. I decided to get another throw for the guest room, but by the time I went back they were all sold out. No wonder.
Abie looks sweet when running, too. He's a great runner. Long legs.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2004, 01:41:59 PM »

Back and glad to be home for the evening. Looking forward to watching CINDERELLA (Julie Andrews) this evening on a local PBS station and then watching LOST and MEDICAL INVESTIGATION from my DVR.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2004, 01:48:10 PM »

BK UPDATE

bk has arrived in NY!  He reports that the traffic is - surprise - terrible as he makes his way from JFK to his hotel. He will, of course, post a full On Location report once he gets into his room.

Panni

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2004, 01:49:55 PM »

Is anyone going to watch THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS tonight?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2004, 02:07:48 PM »

Unfortunately this paper is not online, so, no, there's no link.  I didn't even know it was out until I got the first strange email the other day.  This morning at my church gig someone had brought in a copy.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2004, 02:13:48 PM »

And a slight clarification:  the article is not a reprint of my web article, it's about me, my rather peculiar obsession, and my web article.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2004, 02:20:04 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Again!

Meal break: Well, I guess since I had brunch at 11:00, I should get something else into my stomach by now.  (Cereal with soy milk.)

I'd watch "Cinderella" tonight, but it's not being shown in Richmond tonight.  Instead, they're in fund-raising mode, and they're showing some "Get Down With Disco" program.  Hmm...  I haven't checked their listings, but I have a feeling they probably aren't broadcasting "Cinderella" since they tend to NOT carry a bunch of the nationally distributed programs.  However, their sister radio station manages to squeeze many of the NPR and PRI programs into their schedule.  Ah, well...

So.. I will probably end up watching the Peter Sellers movie.  There was a very good interview with Geoffrey Rush on the radio station yesterday, and the whole approach to the movie sounds very interesting.

I'll just have to see how my cleaning and packing - yes, I have to pack again! - goes tonight.  Then I have to decide whether to head back up to Fairfax tonight or tomorrow morning.

Oh.. And for those who care... Boy is it easy to tell when a bottle of oil has gone rancid!  -Does vinegar, balsamic in particular, have a shelf life?  We somehow have six bottles of the stuff here.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2004, 02:22:53 PM »

Oh!  Sort of random thought...

Just what effect will the fact that the day after Christmas is a Sunday have on those after Christmas sales?  Will stores still open ridiculously early?  Or will there be quite the stampeded at 11:00am and Noon?
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2004, 02:28:40 PM »

Oh!  Sort of random thought...

Just what effect will the fact that the day after Christmas is a Sunday have on those after Christmas sales?  Will stores still open ridiculously early?  Or will there be quite the stampeded at 11:00am and Noon?

I suppose that not opening at all on the day after Christmas is not an option? You wouldn't catch me in a store the day after Christmas if you paid me!
The other day I was talking to woman with 10 grandchildren. She said her family knows that if they don't get holiday requests in before Thanksgiving, they get a card and a check, but no real present. Her rule is not to set foot in a store  from Thanksgiving until after Christmas. Smart.

JMK

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2004, 02:31:18 PM »

I am dreading the Christmas Eve Mass I need to play at my church gig at 6:00 p.m.  It's a Friday (obviously, as indicated above! :) ), and I need to drive by Portland's biggest mall to get to work.  I'm seriously considering getting there by 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon and just hanging out so that I don't have to battle traffic.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2004, 02:48:54 PM »

I suppose that not opening at all on the day after Christmas is not an option? You wouldn't catch me in a store the day after Christmas if you paid me!
The other day I was talking to woman with 10 grandchildren. She said her family knows that if they don't get holiday requests in before Thanksgiving, they get a card and a check, but no real present. Her rule is not to set foot in a store  from Thanksgiving until after Christmas. Smart.

Panni, although I agree with that woman about staying away from the Mall; it does point up one problem I have with what has happened to the spirit of giving at Christmas.  It used to be, that I loved taking the time to find what I thought was the perfect gift for everyone on my list.  Now, the people on my list give me lists of what they want to receive for Christmas, sometimes even marked with what gifts have already been spoken for by other relatives and friends -- like a wedding registry.

So much for the real reason for giving gifts!
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2004, 03:07:27 PM »

Well, I can't argue with you, TCB. You're quite right.
(Oh - and I'd like a fur-lined Burberry vest, please. Size 2 Petite. And matching gloves. And a toque.)

Panni

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2004, 03:08:53 PM »

I'm looking out the window as I write and people are walking slightly hunched over. It must be cold out there. I know it's wet.

Panni

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2004, 03:13:55 PM »

I can't remember if I fed Abie this morning! Isn't that terrible? He keeps going over to where I keep his food and staring at it. I was sort of on auto-pilot early this morning, so I have no idea if I did or not. Don't want to feed him too early, in case I DID feed him; but don't want to starve the poor beast, in case I DIDN'T.  Another 45 minutes or so, and it's a legit early suppertime for him. I'll just have to ignore the soulful glances until then.

Panni

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2004, 03:15:06 PM »

Quite a Panni frenzy. Has no one else got anything to say around here?

Danise

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2004, 03:16:23 PM »

Well, I can't argue with you, TCB. You're quite right.
(Oh - and I'd like a fur-lined Burberry vest, please. Size 2 Petite. And matching gloves. And a toque.)

Size 2 Petite.  Please.  I might be able get my little finger in that size.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2004, 03:22:54 PM »

Just getting around to reading the Sunday ads errr paper.  

I see that POTO is here.  Gary Mauer plays Eric.  Has anyone seen him?  Is he a good Phantom?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2004, 03:23:59 PM »

Size 2 Petite.  Please.  I might be able get my little finger in that size.   :D

Thank you for the lovely cards, Danise!  Obviously you are far more organized than I am this year.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2004, 03:26:07 PM »

I'm finally at the hotel and settled in.  The flight was fine, albeit a bit late in getting started for reasons that will be explained in tomorrow's notes (the first part of which I wrote on location from the actual plane during the actual flight).  My room is lovely, I'm hooked up to the high-speed Internet and I've had my warm Doubletree Welcome Cookie (at these prices there should have been two Welcome Cookies - there used to be two in the old days when the rooms were cheaper).  The weather is most excellent here in New York, New York.

Danise

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2004, 03:28:50 PM »

Your welcome, TCB.  I'm glad you liked them

BK, glad to know you made it safe and sound.  Is there snow there?  If so, pictures please!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2004, 03:31:26 PM »

I didn't mean it that way.  Pictures, please, with or without snow.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »

Okay - the little tyke downstairs is starting to get on my nerves. The noise from downstairs is unbelievable today. Loud music, screaming, slamming, running around like crazy. It's actually not his fault - he's a kid - but, really, his parents should be aware of the fact that other people (ME!) live in this building. What do I do is the question?

Panni

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2004, 03:41:07 PM »

I've had my warm Doubletree Welcome Cookie (at these prices there should have been two Welcome Cookies -

I would say a TRAY of Welcome Cookies - a large tray - would be more in order.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2004, 03:41:11 PM »

Is anyone going to watch THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS tonight?

We don't have HBO.

Danise

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2004, 03:48:04 PM »

And you KNOW I have to ask the $54.00 question:  Does the bathroom have a bathtub?  

I fear that will be yardstick that will measure all hotel rooms from now on.

As for the kid yelling.  I have no reference point.  I've never had that problem.  Speak to the parents is the best advise I can offer.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2004, 03:58:48 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto's review is up and is lovely.  Read it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2004, 04:02:18 PM »

Bruce did you ask for an extra cookie on the grounds of hunger and stress getting there?  It always works for me.  ;D
Family members and family pets dying got me stacks of cookies.  That was getting them the hard way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up