Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CROSSING THE 100-PAGE MARK  (Read 3181 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CROSSING THE 100-PAGE MARK
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:53 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 10:13:24 AM »

TOD:

Good old spaghetti and meatballs!

And lasagna and ravioli!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 10:14:45 AM »

BK,

I wish I could write as fast as you.

I'll second that.

I just wish I could write. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 10:15:15 AM »

TOD:

And lasagna and ravioli!

Ditto and ditto and ditto and ditto! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 10:16:08 AM »

I've been orchestrating "I Happen To Like New York."  I've climbed the ladder and put away books; I can see the floor where they had been lying.

When I get tangled up with Porter - at some point today I'll paint myself into a corner - I can turn to Frank Loesser while I ponder my mess.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:55:38 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »

BK is mentioned in Buddy Bregman's obit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/buddy-bregman-dead-arranger-composer-music-producer-was-86-962588

That's too bad.  I had forgotten (or didn't know) about BK's interview with him.  That was great!

George

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »

Congrats to BK on your very round millstone of 88,000!

Wow.  Good catch, FJL.

Nice!

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »

I had a bit of lasagna over the holidays, and I guess it's been years since I had it in the house or ordered it anywhere, but man, it's still one of my favorite things.  My love for lasagna goes back to eating it in the Two Guys From Italy behind Hollywood Blvd. at McCadden.

John G.

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 10:19:56 AM »

I've been orchestrating "I Happen To Like New York."  I've climbed the ladder and put away books; I can see the floor where they had been lying.

When I grt tangled up with Porter - at some point today I'll paint myself into a corner - I can turn to Frank Loesser while I ponder my mess.

I seem to recall some music critic (Alan Rich? Andrew Porter?) comparing that song to Ravel.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:26:27 AM by John G. »
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »

Well, I got my car to the auto shop on time (it started smelling in the car as I was driving!) and they called me a little bit ago.  It turns out that it's the AC compressor.  It'll only (only!) be about $750+tax.  That's a LOT less than a whole new car, so that's good.  They should have it done by 3:00 or so.  It's not snowing (I don't think it snowed at all overnight...if it did, it didn't stick), so I think I can walk to lunch without any trouble. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:24:16 AM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - had another computer freeze while trying to read the Buddy Bregman obit.  He's been in very bad shape for years so it's probably a blessing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »

And, Houston, we have  problem: one of my scores never got proofread or corrected.  I have moved tomorrow's physical therapy to Friday morning so I can go to City center tomorrow to help Joshie fiish up before Thursday's orchestra reading.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »

When I grt tangled up with Porter - at some point today I'll paint myself into a corner - I can turn to Frank Loesser while I ponder my mess.

I seem to recall some music critic (Alan Rich? Andrew Porter?) comparing that song to Ravel.

It owes a great deal to the last movement, Le Jardin Féerique, from "Ma Mère l'Oye."

John G.

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »

It looks I can get airline tix for March for $159 each way from SA to LaGuardia. I guess I'm coming to New York in March.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 11:43:19 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I managed to sleep in a bit today and then went to the noon book discussion at the library where my career began.  I'm home now, have had lunch and my afternoon eye drops, and am ready for a nap.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »

TOD:

And lasagna and ravioli!

Now I know what to make next time DR Elmore comes over for dinner.  My lasagna is one of Richard's favorites.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »

I had a bit of lasagna over the holidays, and I guess it's been years since I had it in the house or ordered it anywhere, but man, it's still one of my favorite things.  My love for lasagna goes back to eating it in the Two Guys From Italy behind Hollywood Blvd. at McCadden.

You're invited for lasagna, too, DR ChasSmith!

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 11:46:02 AM »

It looks I can get airline tix for March for $159 each way from SA to LaGuardia. I guess I'm coming to New York in March.

Yay!!!

John G.

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 12:14:35 PM »

Yay!!!

I am excited.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 01:16:54 PM »

Whoop-de-doo!  What good news.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »

88,000 posts!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »

From DR TCB:
This snow storm is apparently being sent by DR Jane, since it is rolling in from the south.

You are welcome to it ;)

I am about to head out for a walk before we get more rain or snow.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:48:36 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 01:21:52 PM »

Ice was the problem here.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 01:22:12 PM »

GOOD VIBES FOR SANDY!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »

How much do I love my adopted son Joshie?  He left his brother Jeremy taping orchestra parts at the office and trudged up to my apartment with a printout of the score that needed proofreading.  It had usual copyist misreading errors and they omitted the entire percussion part.  I corrected it and phoned the fixes in to Joshie, who's finished it.  Fantastic!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »

I futzed and finessed (a lot) then Kay Cole came and signed 100 booklets (in record time - twenty minutes).  Then I futzed and finessed some more.  Then I went and had a bacon and cheese omelet and a bagel and picked up no packages.

ChasSmith

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »

How much do I love my adopted son Joshie?  He left his brother Jeremy taping orchestra parts at the office and trudged up to my apartment with a printout of the score that needed proofreading.  It had usual copyist misreading errors and they omitted the entire percussion part.  I corrected it and phoned the fixes in to Joshie, who's finished it.  Fantastic!

A fine son!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »

Then I came back home, finished futzing and finessing (I added a couple of pages of new material) then wrote new pages, including a sequence I think is really fun and funny.  Six pages so far, so five to go.  I'll take a break for an hour or so, then try to write the five before movie night begins - not sure what time that's starting.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »

Awww :)

Jane

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »

Obviously I am not out walking.  We bundled up in layers and by the time we headed out it began raining.  Keith checked the weather map and said he didn't want to go.  I lost my motivation.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up