Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CROSSING THE 100-PAGE MARK  (Read 3182 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: CROSSING THE 100-PAGE MARK
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:27 PM »

I walked 3 miles on the treadmill and did 1 mile on the stationary bike, not much but better than nothing.  With this weather I haven't been getting in as much exercise as usual and eating more.  I seem to be hungry all the time.  The cold does that.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »

Yesterday it felt good to do closer to my usual distance with 9 miles walking in total.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »

My favorite Italian meals were in Italy.  I can't recall exactly which were the best.  One dish we couldn't get enough of was the wonderful Ribollita
Soup.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2017, 02:18:12 PM »

I like my rolled eggplant.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2017, 02:26:31 PM »

How much do I love my adopted son Joshie?  He left his brother Jeremy taping orchestra parts at the office and trudged up to my apartment with a printout of the score that needed proofreading.  It had usual copyist misreading errors and they omitted the entire percussion part.  I corrected it and phoned the fixes in to Joshie, who's finished it.  Fantastic!

That's great, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »

From DR TCB:
[ img ]http : / / This snow storm is apparently being sent by DR Jane, since it is rolling in from the south. [ /img ]

You are welcome to it ;)

I am about to head out for a walk before we get more rain or snow.

Jane, I can't see your picture because it's not a real link to an image.  I added spaces to the ink in your post above so that you can see what happened.  Can you repost a link?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »

Funny that I rediscovered the Buddy Bregman Swing CD not that long ago.  For those who don't actually go searching this site, we used to do a lot of fun interviews with interesting folks.  The one they quote in the Hollywood Reporter obit can be found here, and if you haven't read the others, you really should - there's a link on the home page that takes you right to them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Jane

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2017, 03:49:54 PM »

From DR TCB:
[ img ]http : / / This snow storm is apparently being sent by DR Jane, since it is rolling in from the south. [ /img ]

You are welcome to it ;)

Jane, I can't see your picture because it's not a real link to an image.  I added spaces to the ink in your post above so that you can see what happened.  Can you repost a link?

Oops, thanks for mentioning this.  I returned to my original post, removed "image" and changed it to "quote".

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »

I walked 3 miles on the treadmill and did 1 mile on the stationary bike, not much but better than nothing.  With this weather I haven't been getting in as much exercise as usual and eating more.  I seem to be hungry all the time.  The cold does that.

3 miles seems good.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »

My favorite Italian dish was not in Italy, where i often ate in the local cafeteria with the poor Italian students, but in Quebec, where I've never had a bad meal. It was at a little place in the country, called The Inn of the Black Sheep, I believe, and the dish was Fettuccini Alfredo, which I've always loved, but rarely eat these days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2017, 04:24:44 PM »

We're back to rain and cold.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »

I bought my car about 2 1/2 years ago. We've had so little rain in that period that I hadn't realized that if you put  the wipers on intermittent they will sense when they need to operate. Nice feature! I'm accustomed to having to constantly adjust the speed of the wipers when in a on-again, off-again rain.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »

I had some errands to run today, then stopped at one of my favorite eateries.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »

3 miles seems good.

It is all flat walking here so more is better.  At least on the treadmill I do some elevation.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »

I've been enjoying a Dutch crime caper series called LORD AND MASTER. It's quite fun. You know the type: handsome, wealthy playboy likes to solve crimes. It's lighthearted and very 1960s. I'd heard nothing about it until it suddenly appeared on Acorn TV. Misleading title, IMO.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »

TTFN.

George

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »

From DR TCB:

You are welcome to it ;)

Oops, thanks for mentioning this.  I returned to my original post, removed "image" and changed it to "quote".

Ahh...that makes a LOT more sense. :D

Jane

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »

My favorite Italian dish was not in Italy, where i often ate in the local cafeteria with the poor Italian students, but in Quebec, where I've never had a bad meal. It was at a little place in the country, called The Inn of the Black Sheep, I believe, and the dish was Fettuccini Alfredo, which I've always loved, but rarely eat these days.

I forgot about Fettuccine Alfredo.  When we moved to Pennsylvania, outside of Philly, we discovered an original Alfredo of Rome restaurant across from the Liberty Bell.  OMG the Fettuccine Alfredo was good.  Shortly after we moved to Michigan we took the kids to the Epcot Center.  To my delight there was a restaurant there as well.  Both Alfredo's are now gone.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »

I bought my car about 2 1/2 years ago. We've had so little rain in that period that I hadn't realized that if you put  the wipers on intermittent they will sense when they need to operate. Nice feature! I'm accustomed to having to constantly adjust the speed of the wipers when in a on-again, off-again rain.

;D

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »

I've been enjoying a Dutch crime caper series called LORD AND MASTER. It's quite fun. You know the type: handsome, wealthy playboy likes to solve crimes. It's lighthearted and very 1960s. I'd heard nothing about it until it suddenly appeared on Acorn TV. Misleading title, IMO.

I typed this title on IMDB and came up with some very different shows.  I found it on Acornhttps://acorn.tv/lordandmaster/

Jane

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »

On IMDB as "Heer & Meester"

Jane

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »

From DR TCB:

You are welcome to it ;)

Ahh...that makes a LOT more sense. :D

LOL.   :-[ 

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »

TOD:  I love most Italian food (without meat, that it) :  any pasta with marinara sauce, cheese lasagna, cheese ravioli, eggplant parmesan ( if the eggplant is cut thin) , pasta with pesto sauce.   

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »

It looks I can get airline tix for March for $159 each way from SA to LaGuardia. I guess I'm coming to New York in March.

Great!

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »

Speaking of NY in March is there any thought as to when the HHW get-together might be?  And has anyone bought tickets for The New Yorkers yet?

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

Two more to page 4!

KevinH

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »

One more...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up