Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KIBOSH  (Read 8045 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE KIBOSH
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 06:59:11 AM »

I had never heard of THE HIDDEN either - it is on COMCAST ON Demand for a few more days.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 07:49:50 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »

I first watched Wait Until Dark on a bright, sunny Million Dollar Movie matinee. I was scared. I was also about 8 or 9.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »

I am very simpatico about putting a kibosh on things.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »

"Wait Until Dark" delivered my first "almost peed my pants" moment.

The only other film to do that is the ending of "Carrie".

Truth:  I still jump even though I know the moments are coming.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 08:08:37 AM »

Vibes for DR Vixmom!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 10:06:43 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

I have a couple of questions for you, BK.  You've probably talked about this before, but how did you meet Muse Margaret and how long have you known each other?

We met in the late 1970s.  We were running into each other at tons of commercial auditions and just instantly connected because we both hated the waiting room and many of the other actors therein.  So, we struck up a friendship and then I put her in The Creature Wasn't Nice and we've been grand pals all these years. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 10:12:56 AM »

To answer Shayne's question about the Wait Until Dark song:  It may have been for Oscar consideration, but remember that Mr. Mancini always had songs in his movies back then - I can't recall any film he scored that didn't have a Mancini song in it, so it was pretty SOP for him.  While it's sung over the end credits, it also is played on the radio several times in the film, as well as being used in the actual underscore at least a couple of times.  The uncredited vocalist, by the way, is Sue Raney.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 10:13:29 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:

Have you seen a film released in 1987 titled THE HIDDEN?  It was on Comcast last week.  It was filmed  on multiple LA locations.....not much studio work at all.  It begins at a Wells Fargo Bank near 5th Street and Flower....the police work out of the Lincoln Park Police Station....there is an imported car dealership, a record store with a pink wall inside, and a diner..... The hero lives in a Craftsman type house in a neighborhood that has light poles with large glass globes on the top.   I didn't watch until the end, but I am sure there are more.

Have not seen The Hidden - I'll have to check it out.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »

I am home from City Center.  Joshie is up to his ears in "Big river" work today, so I did what I needed to accomplish and then beat it out of Dodge.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:45 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH I do not have a PAID subscription like DR FJL, but I have submitted things to IMDB that have been used.  It's a LOT of clicking.....but it's nice to have accurate info there.  It does take some time...but eventually you get an email that tells you your item has been added.

That's good to know.   

It feels like we only use IMDB-Pro, which is the part that costs money (I think), a few times a year. 

FJL

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

All this "alternative facts" discussion these days reminds me of the tongue-in-cheek saying we learned in the second week of law school:

How to win you case:
If the facts are against you, pound on the law
If the law is against you, pound on the facts
If both are against you, pound on the table.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »

Have you seen a film released in 1987 titled THE HIDDEN?  It was on Comcast last week.  It was filmed  on multiple LA locations.....not much studio work at all.  It begins at a Wells Fargo Bank near 5th Street and Flower....the police work out of the Lincoln Park Police Station....there is an imported car dealership, a record store with a pink wall inside, and a diner..... The hero lives in a Craftsman type house in a neighborhood that has light poles with large glass globes on the top.   I didn't watch until the end, but I am sure there are more.

What a coinkydink!  I actually watched and recorded that!  I kept thinking that Kyle MacLachlan who played an FBI agent (sort of ;) ) eventually went from that into "Twin Peaks," playing another FBI agent.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »

Here's a question:  Has anyone here ever submitted any such information, additions or corrections, to the IMDb?  I don't know who has the privilege of doing that.  Can anyone with a login submit?

I have a free account and have made some corrections (typos and things like that), but I haven't submitted any new material. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »

The last time I actually jumped while watching a movie was when I saw the John Carpenter remake of "The Thing" during one of Theater Artists Olympia's movie nights last yera.  There were two, count 'em, TWO moments that I literally jumped out of my chair.  My friend who was sitting next to me had also jumped both times and we sort of laughed at ourselves the first time, but it didn't stop up from jumping at the second surprise.

:))

George

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »

What a coinkydink!  I actually watched and recorded that!  I kept thinking that Kyle MacLachlan who played an FBI agent (sort of ;) ) eventually went from that into "Twin Peaks," playing another FBI agent.

And speaking of "Twin Peaks," I looked it up on IMDb and went to Michael Ontkean's listing and saw that just yesterday, January 24, 2016, was his 70th birthday!  Who knew?

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »

The last time I actually jumped while watching a movie was when I saw the John Carpenter remake of "The Thing" during one of Theater Artists Olympia's movie nights last yera.  There were two, count 'em, TWO moments that I literally jumped out of my chair.  My friend who was sitting next to me had also jumped both times and we sort of laughed at ourselves the first time, but it didn't stop up from jumping at the second surprise.

:))

A certain moment near the end of "Deliverance" ain't too shabby, either.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »

Farewell, Miss Dorothy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »

I understand Mary Tyler Moore has died.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »

CBS just confirmed it.  I met her once, ages ago.  One of her assistants sang in the NYC Gay Men's Chorus/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 12:05:23 PM »

Goodbye, Laura Petrie!  Adios, Mary Richards!  Farewell, Miss Dorothy Brown.  Ta-Ta Holly Golightly (almost). So long, Beth Jarrett!

It was absolutely GRAND knowing you!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:30:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'(  :'(  :'(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 01:15:44 PM »

She was a fine actress - comedy and drama - and I think i enjoyed her in everything I saw her in......Coast to Coast Big Mouth, Chuckles Funeral, and Rhoda's Wedding are three episodes I always watch when they are on.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »

Matthew - That's great.  Let's aim for the Tuesday April 18 during the day (late afternoon) rather than Wednesday morning, then , for that mini-HHW get-together..  I'll get messages out to the people who RSVP'd.

Great - I may try and see a show that night, so we'll have to try and time it so it will work!

Matthew

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 01:26:05 PM »

Good afternoon!

Matthew

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »

It's ask BK day, so it also must be Wednesday, my day off

Matthew

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »

I got my car smogged, then spent a lot of the morning reading the news, which i seem to do everyday now - as well as looking up any new acronyms that come my way.  And that's all I'll say about THAT.

Matthew

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »

Saw the National Tour of Kinky Boots last night.  Still a great show, but wasn't too impressed with the two leading men - or was one a woman?   Anyway, the guy playing Charlie - his vocals were bad, mostly vowel placement, probably because the role might be a little high for him.  The guy playing "Lola" wasn't really dynamic at all, which makes the whole show kinda ho-humm.

George

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 01:52:08 PM »

Saw the National Tour of Kinky Boots last night.  Still a great show, but wasn't too impressed with the two leading men - or was one a woman?   Anyway, the guy playing Charlie - his vocals were bad, mostly vowel placement, probably because the role might be a little high for him.  The guy playing "Lola" wasn't really dynamic at all, which makes the whole show kinda ho-humm.

Darn.  That's too bad. :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up