Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NAME GAME  (Read 4287 times)

Ginny

Re: THE NAME GAME
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »

DR Ginny, good vibes Richard is ok.

Thanks, DR Jane.  He's had an anti-nausea shot and we're waiting for notification that his 2 prescriptions are ready for me to pick up.  We're wondering if eating Honey Baked Ham causes these flares.  He had exactly the same thing the week after Easter last year.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2017, 09:34:16 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - five hours of sleep.  Not enough.

That's about twice as much sleep as I had last night.  I foresee a nap...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:33 AM »

Ginny - Send wellness vibes from us to Richard!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »

4th post on Page 3.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2017, 09:41:54 AM »

I stayed home yesterday. Woke up feeling miserable.   After calling in sick, I went back to bed.  After a couple of more hours of sleep (around 8:46 a.m.), I woke up feeling better but decided to lay low and stay home anyway.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:08:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2017, 09:42:57 AM »

I've been thinking about retirement for so long that I'm getting homesick for South Carolina.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »

Ginny - Send wellness vibes from us to Richard!

Thank you, DR FJL!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2017, 09:47:28 AM »

I've been thinking about retirement for so long that I'm getting homesick for South Carolina.

I sympathize.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »

I almost forgot!  This was a "new version."  Some songs were dropped ("Round-Shouldered Man"), a couple were reworked ("A Fine White Horse" is essentially the same song, but a couple lines changed and renamed "A Brand New Coat"), moved ("Wick" now opens act two), and there is at least one new song ("The Man in the Moon" in place of "Race You to the Top of the Morning").  I think that it was all really well done, especially all the performers. :D

I liked all the original songs. Are the new ones any better?  Where there any other book changes? Are the ghosts still there?

Saw it on Broadway with most of the original cast.

The ghosts are still there.  I don't know about actual book changes, though.  I like the original songs too, but I felt that "The Man in the Moon," while not necessarily a better song (and certainly not a bad song by any means), works better for the moment.  It's a lovely, quiet lullaby that Archibald sings as a goodbye to Colin when he is leaving for Paris.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:57:15 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

DRs TCB and George, Lucy Simon was one of three daughters of the man who founded Simon & Schuster publishing.  Her sisters are Carly, the singer-songwriter, and Joanna, an opera singer.  I think my late friend Al Simon, who played piano for musical theatre rehearsals in the 20s and 30s, was her uncle.  Al wrote one of my favorite books:

Wow!  I didn't know that they were related to the publisher.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:24 AM »

Thursday morning greetings.  Rough night here, because Richard has been sick to his stomach since about 6pm yesterday.  I'm trying to get him into a doctor.

~~~Additional Get Well Vibes for Richard!!~~~

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »

Feel better vibes for Ron.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2017, 12:30:15 PM »

Thanks DR GINNY....I am sure I will be in fine form and ready for the stage by July or August.....

Is this your CURTAINS star, your replacement director, or your goal?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  He's had an anti-nausea shot and we're waiting for notification that his 2 prescriptions are ready for me to pick up.  We're wondering if eating Honey Baked Ham causes these flares.  He had exactly the same thing the week after Easter last year.

I hope that's the cause and something not more serious.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

I enjoyed Beauty and the Beast.  I thought the screenplay was better than the animated film's but I got tired really quickly of all the CGI.  I don't know why Dan Stevens signed on, though.  I spent half the film wondering if that were he under all that makeup or someone4 else moving to Stevens' voice track.  And the beginning with him in blue eyeshaow, beauty spot, and red lip made me think the film was Beauty and the Drag Queen. And while I'm kicking sacred cows, I think Audra MacDonaldd is not particularly photogenic in 19th century powder and wig.

Kevin Kline twas my favorite in the cast.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:01:26 PM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »

Just found out on the Book of Face that one of my nieces in Germany got married. Cool news.

Congratulations to the happy couple, Heike and Jorg Hass.

Congrats to your niece, John!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »

Back from a nice breakfast meeting at Du-Par's - had two thirds of a short stack and a side of bacon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:44 PM »

Once back home I went back to work on the script and finished revising the way the show opens - it's much better now - I wrote a couple of new lines to help bridge but I didn't cut anything, just completely rethought and rearranged it all into a cohesive number that now will do everything it needs to do to draw the audience in to the leading character and the show.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »

Nice photos DR JANE....thanks for the link MR BK.

Looks like the weather is great!

Thanks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:47 PM »

Picked up a couple of packages.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »

That is funny you read it on fb first.  Congrats to your niece.

I don't think anyone else in the family knew either. It's a second marriage for her. She has grandchildren. Its probably not something they wanted to play up. Now the family gathering to celebrate will likely be huge.

Does this mean a trip to Germany is in your future?

Jane

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »

Possibly or might it be a combination of foods?

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »

I can understand that.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »

I am having trouble.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2017, 01:45:58 PM »

Tonight we ate dinner at a pretty restaurant we have passed a number of times.  At the end of the meal they offered a puff pastry from a basket of little puff pastries.   This is something I have never liked, until tonight.  It was OMG good.  The outsidewas glazed with caramelized caramel.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »

'night

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2017, 02:03:56 PM »

I hope DR Jane looks here in the morning (her time) to see this:

I don't know if you have eveer heard of this, Jane, but it's a ristorante in Puglia.  It's called Grotta Palazzese, I believe.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2017, 02:06:12 PM »

My condo's elevator is still out of service.  I'm getting VERY TIRED of this problem since I have things I want to cart out of my condo to donate or store.

A co-worker advised me this is an OSHA violation.   Doesn't seem to faze anyone there, though.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »

Tonight we ate dinner at a pretty restaurant we have passed a number of times.  At the end of the meal they offered a puff pastry from a basket of little puff pastries.   This is something I have never liked, until tonight.  It was OMG good.  The outsidewas glazed with caramelized caramel.

I was never partial to Italian desserts until I first tasted Tiramisu.  That seemed to change things a bit.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up