Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AKA MAY  (Read 6331 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: AKA MAY
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 07:34:12 AM »

Page 2
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »

After a nice day in Barcelona with friends I am back on the ship sampling 2 different single malt scotches deciding which I prefer.  I asked for peanuts and we were given mixed nuts that contained Brazil nuts.  Brazil nuts are worse than hazel nuts for me.  I finally have peanuts, however,  they arrived too late as I am a bit tipsy.  I cannot decide which scotch I prefer so I keep sampling them ;D

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2017, 07:48:40 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 07:55:39 AM »

Back from the vet with our Poe, who was put through the wringer this morning. 

He's resting now but we'll be keeping an eye on him through the day because he's recovering from not only the "excitement" of the carrier and the car and the place and the handling, but also sedation which was the only way they could do the bloodwork and finish checking him out more thoroughly.

We'll have results tomorrow or Wednesday, but we already found a shocking degree of dental disease which will necessitate some more extractions (he's had a number of them over the years).  Poor guy.  These cats really know how to hide stuff from us.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 08:04:16 AM »

I didn't follow the case closely at the time, so the little I remember about it is from stories I read or saw on TV well after the fact.  I agree with those who believe SOMEBODY in that family, or someone very close to them, has blood on their hands. 

I also am one who is fairly horrified at the kind of life they put the girl through in the first place.  That stuff just reeks of obscenity to me.  So I am not predisposed in a kind way toward the parents from the get go.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »

Dental vibes for Poe!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 09:13:56 AM »

Lately, I wake up after sleeping 6 - 6-1/2 hours.  No matter how much I try to go back to sleep, my mind won't let me.

Yet, once I'm up, I'm sluggish for a while.

Here I sit in my office.  If I were to close my eyes for three minutes, I'd sleep soundly until a noise awakened me.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  We were up and outta here early to meet my sister and her husband for breakfast.  By 10am they were on their way home to Michigan, Richard was doing errands, and I was at the grocery store.  He and I are both home now for a day of puttering.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »

Am getting very peckish for lunch.   Yet, it's only 10:31 a.m.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 11:02:03 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - a bit over eight hours of sleep - but I was up six or seven times during the night.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 11:04:12 AM »

And the word of the day is: PLETHORA!

A word I finally don't have to look up!

Matthew

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »

Good morning

Matthew

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 11:06:58 AM »

Today is DD Leo's 1st birthday.  It's been a rather interesting year.  I hope he takes the next year to calm down a bit.  But we love him anyway!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »

Travel vibes for DR JOHN G.

Glad to hear DR TCB is feeling better.

DR GEORGE if you don't have to have the latest and greatest version, you can sometimes get an older version of Office/Suite for a nice price on Amazon....or Ebay.  These are all still in the package with the activation codes provided.

That's true.  I just need to make sure that it works with Windows 10.  I haven't had it for very long, so I don't know that much about it. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »

He's resting now but we'll be keeping an eye on him through the day because he's recovering from not only the "excitement" of the carrier and the car and the place and the handling, but also sedation which was the only way they could do the bloodwork and finish checking him out more thoroughly.

We'll have results tomorrow or Wednesday, but we already found a shocking degree of dental disease which will necessitate some more extractions (he's had a number of them over the years).  Poor guy.  These cats really know how to hide stuff from us.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for DC Poe!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 11:35:56 AM »

I didn't follow the case closely at the time, so the little I remember about it is from stories I read or saw on TV well after the fact.  I agree with those who believe SOMEBODY in that family, or someone very close to them, has blood on their hands. 

I also am one who is fairly horrified at the kind of life they put the girl through in the first place.  That stuff just reeks of obscenity to me.  So I am not predisposed in a kind way toward the parents from the get go.

Ditto and Ditto!

George

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »

Today is DD Leo's 1st birthday.  It's been a rather interesting year.  I hope he takes the next year to calm down a bit.  But we love him anyway!

A Very Happy 1st Birthday to DD Leo!! :D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »

Dental vibes for Poe!

Happy birthday, Leo!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2017, 11:57:20 AM »

We have landed. Not a great flight with an AC out but we are here.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »

You can dream…or you can do.

Matthew

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2017, 12:16:47 PM »

Healing vibes for DC Poe!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »

Because this is the month where tons of wicked little thoughts merrily appear

According to Rodgers & Hart and Jerome Kern. May 1 is Moving Day!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_Day_(New_York_City)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »

Happy birthday, Leo!

FJL

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for DC Poe!!~~~

Dental recovery vibes for Poe from us as well!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2017, 12:26:29 PM »

My day is over.  Joshie and I went through the inconsistancies in the brass mutes for all of Act One, and Act Two to "Goona  Goona Lagoon."  Tomorrow, we'll finish up.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:14:37 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 12:27:30 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam, that sock aid is amazing! It has made my life so much easier.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 01:00:42 PM »

Good vibes for poor Poe!

Jane

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

Happy 1st birthday to Leo.  May you calm down in the following year.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 01:03:36 PM »

I got my author copies today.

Looks good.  Selling good, too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629331465/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492172989&sr=1-1&keywords=hollywood+snapshots+druxman

Congratulations.   This should cheer you up while you continue to recover.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up