Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SCATTERBRAINED RAMBLINGS  (Read 2907 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: SCATTERBRAINED RAMBLINGS
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:  Have you seen "The Lieutenant Wore Skirts"? I happened to watch it on FX RETRO on Monday.

It features Miss Leslie Parrish in a very nice small role as a party guest early in the proceedings.  She looks beautiful in a blue dress and her hair is long....

Of course if this is the kind of script that Fox was offering Marilyn Monroe in the mid-50's, you really can't blame her for running off to New York.  Sheree North and Tom Ewell can't do anything with it.....Rita Moreno plays a part as a "girl upstairs" and does a terrible Monroe impression....describing the movie "The Seven Year Itch" to Ewell who says: "I never saw that movie."

The comedy is played so frantically that is becomes UNFUNNY....I can't believe it's directed by Frank Tashlin.....

Tom Ewell makes me gag.

He had his fans.  He was in the running for Dr Pangloss in the 1956 CANDIDE after Alfred Drake turned down the role and they hired Max Adrian.

OTOH, I do enjoy hearing him sing "Sweet Hog of mine"...from the 1962 "State Fair".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »

Page 3
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »

T.O.D.

ASK BK DAY

With all of the auditions and callbacks you have been doing, I have gotten very confused.  Not counting the Kritzerland show, how many plays or musicals are you currently working on?  What are they, and when will they be produced?

A new musical I'm directing at the El Portal - a county and western thing - begins rehearsals in about two and a half weeks - it's kind of a glorified workshop that plays two performances on June 10 and 11 - but a full production with sets, costumes, lighting, and an all Equity company.

Dial 'M' for Murder - goes into rehearsals in three weeks, at which point I do double duty for two weeks - days for the musical, nights for the play.

The Sherman Brothers musical - that's the one I'm typing and revising - that begins rehearsals around the end of the first week of October and opens the week before Thanksgiving.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »

ASK BK

I can't remember if this was discussed but before you wrote Thrill Ride were you are of the "Bootstrap Paradox."?

In case DR Readers don't know what it is here is an example involving Albert Einstein

"An example of a bootstrap paradox involving information would be if a time traveler went back in time and taught Einstein the theory of relativity, before returning to his own time. Einstein claims it’s his own work, and over the following decades the theory is published countless times until a copy of it eventually ends up in the hands of the original time traveler who then takes it back to Einstein, begging the question “where did the theory originate”. We cannot say that it came from the time traveler as he learned it from Einstein, but we also cannot say that it is from Einstein, since he was taught it by the time traveler. Who, then, discovered the theory of relativity?"

I read up on all the theories, but didn't want to bore everyone by naming them all, so just chose those which are most often mentioned.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2017, 10:44:52 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:  Have you seen "The Lieutenant Wore Skirts"? I happened to watch it on FX RETRO on Monday.

It features Miss Leslie Parrish in a very nice small role as a party guest early in the proceedings.  She looks beautiful in a blue dress and her hair is long....

Of course if this is the kind of script that Fox was offering Marilyn Monroe in the mid-50's, you really can't blame her for running off to New York.  Sheree North and Tom Ewell can't do anything with it.....Rita Moreno plays a part as a "girl upstairs" and does a terrible Monroe impression....describing the movie "The Seven Year Itch" to Ewell who says: "I never saw that movie."

The comedy is played so frantically that is becomes UNFUNNY....I can't believe it's directed by Frank Tashlin.....

Yes, I had a print of it in the 70s - just doesn't work at all, sadly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - a bit under eight hours of sleep.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »

Vibes for Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G.

On the bright side, we have a new great-niece in Alaska!

Congratulations!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »

Every time I post a new reader review, we sell books - we jumped way up in the sales rank this morning: Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #180,693 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

THAT is why I'm maniacal about having folks post their reviews.  I know Vixmom will write hers, then hopefully whenever KevinH and TCB get around to finishing, they will too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2017, 10:52:38 AM »

And elmore, too, who I think hasn't even picked it up :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »

Back from the morning show (the last of those - yay!!) with some, er, merchandise from DONUT CRAZY, my reward to myself for dropping someone off at the Westport train station.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »

Watching Sean Spicer now on CNN with his slides and projections about that notorious wall - his presentation almost feels like he's doing a reverse spoof of Melissa McCarthy doing her spoof of him.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »

Every time I post a new reader review, we sell books - we jumped way up in the sales rank this morning: Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #180,693 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

THAT is why I'm maniacal about having folks post their reviews.  I know Vixmom will write hers, then hopefully whenever KevinH and TCB get around to finishing, they will too.

I am sorry I hate doing reviews and do not do them well.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »

It is time to read myself to sleep.  I hope once I do so I will sleep the entire night for a change .  The 7:00am alarm is not nice when I have not slept ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »

Yes, it is morning at the high school.

Fortunately, there aren't too many occasions on which I can say that.
ON which, not IN which.

About which?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

Vibes for Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G.

On the bright side, we have a new great-niece in Alaska!

Congrats to the new parents!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2017, 01:31:06 PM »

DR George  did you get a driver's license that will allow you to use as I.D when flying?

No, I didn't get the enhanced driver's license.  I didn't think about it until just a few days ago, and I don't have all the required documents to get one (I have no idea where my birth certificate is).  I could order a certified copy online but that would take too long, so I just went for the regular one.  This new one will expire in three years.  I'd heard (I don't know if this is true or not) that by next year, ALL Washington state driver's licenses will be enhanced, so when I need to renew in 2020, I'll get it then.

George

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2017, 01:32:23 PM »

And for those who care, Disney's Newsies: The Broadway Musical will be available through Amazon Video (as a streaming video only).  I don't know if it'll be available through Netflix or iTunes.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2017, 01:40:47 PM »

Congrats to DR GINNY on her new family member - and allergy begone vibes to her.

Thanks DR JANE - I'm trying...LOL

I know DR RLP - I feel the same way about him, although I guess he is least offensive to me in STATE FAIR....although pairing him with Alice Faye is another lopsided couple....but then I guess Phil Harris was no great looker himself....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »

I kind of gave up on "The Lieutenant, etc" when Tom was going to gaslight Sheree into getting a section 8 discharge from the Air Force.

My guess, and I haven't watched the ending yet - is that she is discharged when she becomes pregnant....it's the only cliche left.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »

Congrats to MR BK on the rise in numbers on AMAZON.

He is indeed right.....that movie should have worked.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »

DR George  did you get a driver's license that will allow you to use as I.D when flying?

No, I didn't get the enhanced driver's license.  I didn't think about it until just a few days ago, and I don't have all the required documents to get one (I have no idea where my birth certificate is).  I could order a certified copy online but that would take too long, so I just went for the regular one.  This new one will expire in three years.  I'd heard (I don't know if this is true or not) that by next year, ALL Washington state driver's licenses will be enhanced, so when I need to renew in 2020, I'll get it then.

I hope you don't need to fly anywhere until then.  Did they explain the new regulations to you?

ChasSmith

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2017, 02:31:42 PM »

Ask BK:

Which model Braun self-cleaning razor did you get?  I had one (well, I still have the razor, but it's not long for this world) that I bought in 2002, and it lasted a good number of years but I forget when something on the cleaning station broke and I had to toss that part.  I'm thinking it's time for another.

George

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »

I hope you don't need to fly anywhere until then.  Did they explain the new regulations to you?

I didn't ask.  I'm sure I'll find out when I need to. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2017, 02:50:14 PM »

Ask BK:

Which model Braun self-cleaning razor did you get?  I had one (well, I still have the razor, but it's not long for this world) that I bought in 2002, and it lasted a good number of years but I forget when something on the cleaning station broke and I had to toss that part.  I'm thinking it's time for another.

Braun Series 9 9290cc Wet & Dry Electric Shaver Kit, 6 pc

ChasSmith

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »

Ask BK:

Braun Series 9 9290cc Wet & Dry Electric Shaver Kit, 6 pc

Thank you!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2017, 03:16:26 PM »

It would be nice if they told people about the regulations. 

George

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »

It would be nice if they told people about the regulations. 

If/when it's required, people will be given the information in plenty of time, I'm sure.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2017, 05:13:26 PM »

Thanks DR TCB.

I have a follow up appt. with my original NP today.

NP = Nutty Professor?
NonPractitioner?
Primary Care Physician?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »

DR Jeanne, THE SNIFFER  sounds funny.  Aside from the interesting foreign aspect do you like it?

I found the first episode interesting. I plan to watch more, but question how far they can carry this successfully.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up