Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: PERFECTLY COIFFED  (Read 41820 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:PERFECTLY COIFFED
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2004, 09:12:23 PM »

! ! ! ! !  VIBES FOR ECHO, JANE AND KEITH ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2004, 09:15:23 PM »

A Too Too Appropriate Page 11 Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2004, 09:24:52 PM »

HAPPY, HAPPY TO WFO!!!!!!!

I, too, am perfectly coiffed today.  Butch--yet perfectly coiffed.

I need to go back and read all the posts.  I also need to go the grocery store.  It can wait until tomorrow since it is for the ingredients for a salad (in the style my grandmother used to make--- even served in one of her bowls so that she will be well represented and remembered) for Christmas Day with my family.

I have no idea what MusicGuy will be cooking for our other family Christmas tomorrow night (which is why we will, alas, not be attending the elegant, swellegant soiree of Mr. Bruce Kimmel.

It was a snowy, blowy day here today.  Well, not snowy, but this morning, a T-shirt was warm enough to go outside.  Then late this afternoon some fierce winds came in which are very cold.  Brrrrrrrrr!!  I think it's down in the 40's already!!!!   Who do they think I am, Klondike Annie?!?!?!?!
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2004, 09:53:46 PM »

What would you do for a Klondike?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2004, 10:10:51 PM »

Good Evening!

...And, as promised earlier, from Richmond!

Good show tonight, but you could tell people were looking forward to the two days off coming up to get some rest - we've been going 10 days straight.  *Now we do have some people in the show who are supposed to fly into Indianapolis tomorrow... Hmmm...

The drive back down to Richmond was painless, but there were the requisite stupid drivers out on the roads tonight.  Use your turn signals!?!?!?!?!?

And the kitchen floor was clean when I stepped in the apartment too!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2004, 10:21:59 PM »

DRs Ginny, Joey and JRand and...

I'll get my final, official confirmation for MAMMA MIA! the second week of January, but today I got the unofficial confirmation.  If anything changes, I'll keep you posted.

I don't believe tickets for the Clowes Hall engagement go on sale until late January, early February - at least I seem to recall seeing that on the Clowes Hall website.  In any case...

I can always arrange house seats for you guys.  Again, they're house seats not comps, but who knows what could be worked out.  Once we get closer to the date, you can just pick a date and time and I'll put in the house seat request.  This way, just in case things do change, you won't get stuck with the tickets.  And if things do not change, then you won't have to pay for the tix until the day of the show - and you'll have good seats too!  *And, DR Joey, this will also give you a few extra days and weeks to save up your pennies. ;)  -Although, if you'd like to sit in the pit, that can very easily be arranged too.

I actually like playing the show.  It's a fun group.  And the show itself is also a lot of fun - as long as you go in knowing that you're supposed to have a fun, fluffy time.  Thought-provoking it is not, but it never has claimed to be.  *And if you come in costume (spandex, platform boots, etc.), the company management will sometimes give you gift certificates good for local restaurants!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 10:29:31 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2004, 10:23:38 PM »

Oh....

And WOW!!!  PAGE 11!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2004, 10:29:33 PM »

George, are you casting TWSMA as Arthur or Lancelot?

Surely not Merlin...or Genevere!

Well, if it were a perfect world, he'd be both Arthur AND Lancelot!  But actually, I wouldn't mind which part he played. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2004, 10:31:19 PM »

I'm watching the DVD of the Julie Andrews "Cinderella."  It's absolutely delightful!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2004, 10:31:54 PM »

And Jon Cypher was quite the cutie! ;)

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2004, 10:34:17 PM »

DRs Ginny, Joey and JRand and...

I'll get my final, official confirmation for MAMMA MIA! the second week of January, but today I got the unofficial confirmation.  If anything changes, I'll keep you posted.

I don't believe tickets for the Clowes Hall engagement go on sale until late January, early February - at least I seem to recall seeing that on the Clowes Hall website.  In any case...

I can always arrange house seats for you guys.  Again, they're house seats not comps, but who knows what could be worked out.  Once we get closer to the date, you can just pick a date and time and I'll put in the house seat request.  This way, just in case things do change, you won't get stuck with the tickets.  And if things do not change, then you won't have to pay for the tix until the day of the show - and you'll have good seats too!  *And, DR Joey, this will also give you a few extra days and weeks to save up your pennies. ;)  -Although, if you'd like to sit in the pit, that can very easily be arranged too.

I actually like playing the show.  It's a fun group.  And the show itself is also a lot of fun - as long as you go in knowing that you're supposed to have a fun, fluffy time.  Thought-provoking it is not, but it never has claimed to be.  *And if you come in costume (spandex, platform boots, etc.), the company management will sometimes give you gift certificates good for local restaurants!

That would be more than wonderful if it were to work out. How exactly would house seats work? Sorry I am not very familiar with the concept though I have probably been told how it works and have just forgotten.
I know it's just a fun show where you come and enjoy yourself. I make sure to research shows I go see to make sure I am not expecting the wrong thing. Many of my friends ask me what I think of a show when they want to go see it. I let them know what kind of story to expect because it can ruin an evening for some people if they go in with the wrong idea.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2004, 10:38:41 PM »

I am going to go start counting my pennies in my bubble gum machine bank! 8)  (I got it as a funny Christmas gift from one of my roomates.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2004, 11:04:48 PM »

That would be more than wonderful if it were to work out. How exactly would house seats work? Sorry I am not very familiar with the concept though I have probably been told how it works and have just forgotten.
I know it's just a fun show where you come and enjoy yourself. I make sure to research shows I go see to make sure I am not expecting the wrong thing. Many of my friends ask me what I think of a show when they want to go see it. I let them know what kind of story to expect because it can ruin an evening for some people if they go in with the wrong idea.

DR Joey - House seats are seats - usually a row or two in the orchestra section - that are set aside for use by the producer/production office for their staff and people in the show (cast, crew and orchestra).  -Some "stars" will also work out a house seat rider in their contracts.

Basically, I would fill out a form with the number of tickets, the date and time for the performance that I would like to request house seats.  They would be guaranteed either to my credit card or to my "account" (payroll deduction) - or I can pay for them in advance myself.  They are then set aside at the box office for "my people" to pick up when they see the show.

*Whenever I go to NYC, and I decide to see a show at the last moment, I will go by the box office at half hour - sometimes earlier, sometimes later - and a lot of times the unused house seats have just been released for sale.  The first time I saw HAIRSPRAY, I did this, and I actually ended up sitting in one of Harvey Fierstein's house seats - 6th row, center.  Very nice!  -And I didn't have to stand in line for hours on end for them either.
Make Your Own Luck.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2004, 11:05:29 PM »

As for today's question, if I could go back in time and buy any present and bring it back, it would be this stereo that my grandpa designed for RCA. We have one of them, but it has gotten into disrepair and it would be nice to go back to get it for my mom because I know she would love it. I would also visit with my grandpa while I was there because he died of a heart attack before I was born.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #314 on: December 23, 2004, 11:07:07 PM »

DR Jose I may just have to keep that in mind when I get to New York! Hoping to go this summer! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #315 on: December 23, 2004, 11:10:34 PM »

Actually, unused house seats are usually released around five p.m. the day of the performance.  Anyone putting in for house seats has to do so forty-eight hours in advance.  They also usually hold two emergency seats for the producer - when Richard Maltby couldn't get me his house seats for Miss Saigon (I didn't give him forty-eight hours notice), I ended up getting Mr. McIntosh's emergency seats.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #316 on: December 23, 2004, 11:32:36 PM »

Merry Christmas Eve!

Well... Since I have to do some grocery shopping and Christmas shopping(!) tomorrow...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #317 on: December 23, 2004, 11:47:10 PM »

I don't know about you, but we'll stay all night and sing 'em all.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up