Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: LYRICS-WISE  (Read 5200 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: LYRICS-WISE
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2017, 11:30:25 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2017, 11:30:52 PM »

The. I found an entire production of a little night music on you tube .  A very satisfying production although the the quality was dreadful and it was broken into about 12 episodes
Do any savvy DRs know where I could get a DVD of a play version that I can show my mom? I am not particularly concerned about the origin if you get my drift

If I can find my DVD of the PBS version again, I can make a copy of that...unless someone else who has it can copy it first.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2017, 11:31:36 PM »

On a clearly personal level, those boxes and steps that made up the set, scared the Hell out of me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »

There were a couple hundred people there, at least, and three people got programs.

I can only assume that since it was only one weekend, and they had never performed in this theater before, and it was their first show with adults, and it was Lakefair weekend, they really had no idea what to expect!  Heidi (the director and owner of the theater company) kept saying that it was all so unexpected and that they couldn't believe that it was so successful.  If you want, I can scan the program that I got and e-mail it to you.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2017, 11:32:38 PM »

The. I found an entire production of a little night music on you tube .  A very satisfying production although the the quality was dreadful and it was broken into about 12 episodes
Do any savvy DRs know where I could get a DVD of a play version that I can show my mom? I am not particularly concerned about the origin if you get my drift

If I can find my DVD of the PBS version again, I can make a copy of that...unless someone else who has it can copy it first.

;)

I can look in the morning and see if I can find my copy.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2017, 11:33:04 PM »

On a clearly personal level, those boxes and steps that made up the set, scared the Hell out of me.

Me, too!!!

George

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »

Back from a wonderfully wonderful evening - Kay did great, the audience LOVED every second of it.  For a first time performance in cabaret Kay gave herself a seven out of ten and I told her that was silly and that it was a nine out of ten and that the one that was missing was all stuff where she got in her head and relied on John to tell her where she was, just to be sure - but later she admitted she knew where she was at all times.

Congrats to Kay and John and BK! :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »

There were a couple hundred people there, at least, and three people got programs.

I can only assume that since it was only one weekend, and they had never performed in this theater before, and it was their first show with adults, and it was Lakefair weekend, they really had no idea what to expect!  Heidi (the director and owner of the theater company) kept saying that it was all so unexpected and that they couldn't believe that it was so successful.  If you want, I can scan the program that I got and e-mail it to you.

Still, they should have been able to make additional programs between last night and this afternoon.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2017, 11:38:59 PM »

It just bothered me that I couldn't put names to faces.  Plus, I don't know the show well enough to know the characters names.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:19 PM »

Also, George's weight loss is really looking terrific.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »

Who was the guy who played Wilbur and who was the guy who played Corny?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2017, 11:46:46 PM »

Also, George's weight loss is really looking terrific.

Thanks, Tom!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2017, 11:47:56 PM »

Me, too!!!

The evil TV producer climbed to the top in very high heels!!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »

It is a shame that not all of the cast members were miked, and as a result, some lines were totally lost.

I think that they felt lucky that they got the microphones that they were able to get.  I'd heard that there were three other mics that just didn't work.  They couldn't figure out what was wrong with them, so those couldn't be used. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »

Those dangerous kind of set pieces take me right out of the play, because I am afraid that someone is going to fall.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2017, 11:51:39 PM »

Thankfully, someone taught George to project!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »

Who was the guy who played Wilbur and who was the guy who played Corny?

Kyle Murphy played Wilbur and he said that he hasn't acted in 21 years!  Leland Brungardt played Corny Collins.  He was originally going to be the pit conductor (the kid playing Link was the actual musical director), but the actor who was originally cast (no pun intended) broke his foot and wouldn't be recovered enough in time, so he had to drop out.

George

« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2017, 11:53:38 PM »

Me, too!!!

The evil TV producer climbed to the top in very high heels!!

Well, she does weigh a LOT less than me, but that side of the stage had more and shorter steps.  My side had fewer and higher steps. :P

George

« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2017, 11:56:08 PM »

Those dangerous kind of set pieces take me right out of the play, because I am afraid that someone is going to fall.

I can understand that.  We did get to practice on it, though.  That set is going to be repainted and reused for the other shows in their summer season.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2017, 11:56:12 PM »

That kid was the musical director?  What is his name?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »

Thankfully, someone taught George to project!

30 years of on-the-job training!

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2017, 11:57:53 PM »

I can understand that.  We did get to practice on it, though.  That set is going to be repainted and reused for the other shows in their summer season.

Are you doing anything else with this group?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2017, 11:59:36 PM »

That kid was the musical director?  What is his name?

Jaysen Geissler.  He's a real sweetheart.  And wasn't at all uncomfortable working with the adults.

George

« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »

Are you doing anything else with this group?

Not this summer.  The rest of the shows are with all kids.  They don't have any specific plans to do shows with adults...yet.  But after this, Heidi really wants to.

George

« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2017, 12:09:58 AM »

Well...

George

« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »

...since...

George

« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2017, 12:10:20 AM »

...we...

George

« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2017, 12:10:31 AM »

...are...

George

« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2017, 12:10:39 AM »

...so...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up