Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LIVELY TALKBACK  (Read 2656 times)

FJL

Re: THE LIVELY TALKBACK
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 06:37:42 AM »

The dates for THE LAST STARFIGHTER musical at Second Story Repertory (in Redmond which I think is near Seattle), are June 15 to July 1, 2018, the last show of their just-announced 2017-2018 season.  (total of ten performances; all are evenings except for the July 1 matinee)

Here's their 2017-2018 season
http://www.secondstoryrep.org/mainstage/season19/index.html

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 07:17:43 AM »

That looks like a great season, Fred. I didn't know about that Cryer-Ford version of Anne of Green Gables, either.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 07:20:31 AM »

Mexican seafood dishes are now in my head. Love fish or shrimp tacos with plenty of cabbage and a spicy sauce. Or seafood Veracruz style with tomatoes, olives, capers, onion and white wine.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 07:21:30 AM »

The French were often employed in royal Mexican kitchens and their influence is widespread in Mexico.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 07:26:50 AM »

Mexican seafood dishes are now in my head. Love fish or shrimp tacos with plenty of cabbage and a spicy sauce. Or seafood Veracruz style with tomatoes, olives, capers, onion and white wine.

Several years ago I was flipping through a Mexican recipe book I'd had for years, and made my first "Chicken Veracruz", followed a short time later by the shrimp version, and we all loved that combination of ingredients.  The olives and capers are a wonderful flavor sensation.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 09:52:42 AM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  Slept late this morning...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »

The dates for THE LAST STARFIGHTER musical at Second Story Repertory (in Redmond which I think is near Seattle), are June 15 to July 1, 2018, the last show of their just-announced 2017-2018 season.  (total of ten performances; all are evenings except for the July 1 matinee)

Hmm, might be time to start planning that PNW fly/drive vacation!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »

The Fed Ex has been shipped. I left something out of the package and must take care of it now/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »

Mr. Postman has delivered my Tom Sawyer / Huckleberry Finn Blu-ray.  Can't watch now, but I just sampled a few minutes of the movies which I've never seen, and the commentary with Richard Sherman and BK which sounds like it's going to be a wonderful history-rich conversation.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 11:02:08 AM »

Nice cooler weather here as well!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 12:09:20 PM »

Yesterday I asked:
I have a question about Book of Mormon.  Is it completely inappropriate for kids (aged 12 and 14?).  I know that it is raunchy. And I could not believe that my mom said that her friend's daughter is taking her 12 and 14 year olds to the show

DR Vixmom wrote:
I would not recommend this show for anyone under 16

I was so shocked. Out of all the shows in NYC the mom bought her and the kids tix to The Book of Mormom and Kinky Boots.  Wicked would have been so perfect. And there are so many other musicals that they could have gone to. Oy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Continued Mega Health Vibes to our DR JRand66!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And more vibes.

~~~Never Ending Ditto Vibes!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »

I planned to be in bed by 9:30 and out of bed by 5:30.  Around 11, I was quite sick - possibly a mild case of food poisoning? - so I reset the alarm for 6:30.  Well, at 5:30 I was wide awake, thinkiing about what I must accomplish today, and I am up and moving about.

~~~Feel Better Quickly Vibes for Larry!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:25 PM »

Nope.  It's confirmed, I am The Man Without "Sondheim at the Movies".  And I could swear I've sat here and listened to it.  I even recognize the cover I see online.  Bizarre.  But this will be rectified.  I can do that.  Oh yes I can.

BK, if you have any to spare, I'd happily go that route before trekking into the wilds of Amazon.

I love this CD!  What's totally coincidentally random is that my parents' zip code is 98503.

George

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »

Congrats, Fred and Skip!  I'll definitely be there!

George

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »

Today is Double-Punch Monday at the local Taco Del Mar.  Normally, for every $5 that you spend, you get a punch on a punch card, but on Mondays, you get two, count 'em, TWO punches for the same $5 that you spend. :D

I've gotten a LOT of double punches (on my Taco Del Mar punch card) over the years!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

I planned to be in bed by 9:30 and out of bed by 5:30.  Around 11, I was quite sick - possibly a mild case of food poisoning? - so I reset the alarm for 6:30.  Well, at 5:30 I was wide awake, thinkiing about what I must accomplish today, and I am up and moving about.

~~~Feel Better Quickly Vibes for Larry!!~~~

Thanks, DR George!  I actually feel rather good at the moment.  Sleepy, though.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 01:32:43 PM »

Nice cooler weather here as well!

The temperatures here today are wonderful but the humidity is too high, thanks to the rain.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »

Pepper Upper vibes for DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »

Obviously I'm up.  I had to deal with Spectrum - they'd gone down in the middle of the night, the router was blinking amber - I did my usual stuff which usually fixes the problem, but not this morning, so I had to call Apple and that was an ordeal, then we got it working and I made it to my lunch meeting just in time.  Then I picked up packages and came home and as I was catching up on things the Internet went down - that was it.  I called Spectrum and they told me there's definitely something wrong with the line here coming into my modem - it's timing out, which is why this happens, so they're coming tomorrow between eleven and noon and will get it fixed. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 02:30:54 PM »

ChasSmith, I'll see if I have any Sondheim at the Movies here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2017, 02:46:47 PM »

After writing the above, I went back to catch up on posts and - it went down again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »

I'm not sure I buy this Spectrum stuff that it's just happening to the line into my house - I think that's just horse manure - but as long as they fix it, I don't care.  It's already gone down two more times - this wasn't happening two weeks ago, and since it has been happening it's never happened every five minutes - clearly something is amiss.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 03:14:25 PM »

Listening to the Mahler 10th.  Of course, he only wrote nine symphonies, but he'd sketched out the 10th - the first movement he'd sketched out in a pretty finished way in terms of its orchestration, but the other movements were only in four staves.  Deryck Cooke did a performing version in the 60s, the revised it twice.  People seem to enjoy the second revision the best, and the third revision only has very minor differences.  The first two versions have been recorded extensively.  But much more recently the great conductor Rudolph Barshai did his own performing version and that's what I'm listening to and it's really great.

John G.

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 03:37:45 PM »

Several years ago I was flipping through a Mexican recipe book I'd had for years, and made my first "Chicken Veracruz", followed a short time later by the shrimp version, and we all loved that combination of ingredients.  The olives and capers are a wonderful flavor sensation.

Yes, they are. Now, I'm jonesing for some.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »

It is rainy and really cold here today. Crazy weather. It was warm yesterday and very humid all last week. And Wednesday is supposed to be hot and humid.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

Page two?  Really?  REALLY?

John G.

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »

Page two. Really.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 05:45:33 PM »

Really. Page two.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »

Watching the rest of By Sidney Lumet.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up