Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT CHRISTMAS THING  (Read 27511 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THAT CHRISTMAS THING
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2004, 07:44:19 AM »

I'm holding off on the xmas gifts for a little while.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2004, 07:55:33 AM »

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

I'll be in the country for the week, spending time with the DP's family and perhaps even catching up on some paperwork, which I'm shlepping with me.

Now signing off with great gratitude for all the enjoyment and friendship this site provides.

Have a safe and happy week everyone. I should be back Jan. 1.

Danise

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2004, 08:24:39 AM »

Merry Christmas Morning all!

I everyone is having a wonderful day!

Well, the weatherman was right.  It's raining and gray and cold.  Only 51 degrees F.  Burr

I'll start the Christmas meal in a bit.  Baked Ham, sweet potatos and salad.  I want the ham to cook slowly.  It will have cloves and pineapple rings on it with a honey/brown sugar glaze.  

The leftover will be used for some sandwiches and a big pot of ham and bean soup.  

I'm glad that everyone had a nice time at the party last night.  It looked wonderful but I was a little confused until I got the joke about the shocking announcement.  For a second, I thought it was for real!

Yawn, I just want you to know I spent half the night looking for that Meatloaf Christmas CD but it is nowhere to be found!    

And errrr, DR Elmore, Do you have a extra guest room?  I might be coming to NYC and staying for a bit....   ;)  ;D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2004, 08:26:04 AM »

Return to us safe and well, DR Dan-in-Toronto.  Have a fantastic holiday season!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2004, 08:27:02 AM »

Lovely pictures, DR Panni and DR BK!
I wish I could have been there… Your famous spaghetti sauce looks so delicious, BK. Could you show us any Parisienne Cake’s photo as well? I really am interested in how Parisienne Cake looks, as you BK always are devoted to that cake.

Here is a photo of a Parisienne Cake, DR Hisaka. It's from bk's birthday. Usually it does not pose a question.

Panni

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2004, 08:32:15 AM »

I'm glad that everyone had a nice time at the party last night.  It looked wonderful but I was a little confused until I got the joke about the shocking announcement.  For a second, I thought it was for real!

Let me make perfectly clear as the mother of the fiancee in question that it was NOT for real. ::) ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2004, 08:48:02 AM »

Merry Christmas to one and all!!! And Happy Holiday's too!

Am listening to various Christmas songs as I get myself ready to head to the south of Salem to have Christmas with my sister and family!

Loved the  pics from last nights partay BK, and of course I noticed right off that Sam was holding a copy of GUMNAAM! Did you show the movie to your guests??

I shall take my new digital camera to my sis's house and snap many photos today! And I will try to check in when I can, also, so as to report on the gifts!!

Danise

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2004, 08:50:19 AM »

It was just a nano second, I swear, DR Panni!  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2004, 09:02:24 AM »

I hope you all are enjoying Christmas day...I know I am. After a maaaaahvelous dinner at Ruths Chris last night, my brother's girlfriend and I settled in on the couch to watch Shrek 2. Neither of us remember anything past the first 5 minutes. :)

This morning, I was woken by the screams of my little sisters to "GET UP OR WE CAN'T OPEN PRESENTS, YOU JERKS!" So of COURSE we stayed in the basement for about 10 more minutes :).

The loot was very nice this year! I got 5 teeshirts from www.randomshirts.com that I've been wanting, a cute mini karaoke machine, Ugg Slipper shoes (I know, I know, but they aren't the boots, and I won't be wearing them with a skirt *gag*), and a "gift certificate" for my mom and I to take the train to NYC and see two shows on a date I can choose! I am quite happy with that...I feel spoiled :).

I hope everyone is having a safe holiday season thus far!

Thirteen days until NYC!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 09:02:59 AM by SwishySarah »
...Walk in the sunshine...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2004, 09:34:22 AM »

Hi all.  Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity.  At 4:45am, the DP went to work (he's a pastry chef) and I tagged along to help in the bakery.  It was a lot of fun, but today I'm paying for it as my muscles ache, but all in all, it was a great time.  

In the evening, the DP and I went to my aunts for dinner and good cheer.  It was amazing we stayed awake that long, a good time had by all.

As of this morning (9:28) Eric and I exchanged gifts, I got a sushi set, a salami, some cologne, Broadways Lost Treasures II - DVD, Saalam Bombay DVD, a cool corkscrew thing, some iPod socks, this really cool Board Piano thing, and some various and sundried articles that were a lot of fun.

Were heading to moms for brunch and some more gift exchange and then Eric and I are off to the Land of Disney for a few days.  I'll have a full report on Tuesday.

Happy Holidays!!!  

Panni

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2004, 09:51:59 AM »

It's been a truly lovely Christmas morning. I managed to get DD up very early - lured with a single Christmas present. She'd received quite a bit of Hanukah loot - but I decided to give her a combo Christmas/birthday present - something she'd been really wanting - a digital camera. She’ll make good use of it on the cruise she’s taking with her boyfriend and his family in early January. (Their gift to her!) DD was a happy camper with her new camera, including charger and case. Mommy dearest went all out.

Then I opened my Christmas presents - brought home from last night's partay. I really had to control myself to wait until morning. But I'm glad I did because dear bk Claus outdid himself with the perfect gifts. First unwrapped was SCTV, Vol. 1. I love, love, love (that's 3 loves) SCTV and had been lusting after this set.
Next to have its pretty wrapping ripped away was a faboo book: PLAYBILL - A Hundred Years of Broadway Shows, Stories and Stars.  Many of you have heard me moaning and groaning about the four decades of playbills I had stupidly tossed when moving back to LA. I’d been saving them since I was a kid – what possessed me to throw them away, I’ll never know. But now I have a hundred years’ worth! Hurray!
And finally, a gorgeous book by Fellini about Cinecitta. I missed out on a planned tour of Cinecitta on my recent visit to Rome, and was truly disappointed - so this volume couldn't be more welcome and treasured. And by Fellini!
Beautiful and thoughtful gifts. I feel blessed.

After this wonderful gift opening session, we drove to the dog park, where Abie romped with his friends. - DD got to see this for the first time – she’s never been up early enough on previous visits. One of the couples at the park brought homemade, gift-wrapped treats for certain select dogs - Abie among them, of course.

Now we're home. DD's gone back to bed, snuggled up with Abie - and I'm here - wishing you all
THE MERRIEST AND BEST OF CHRISTMASES!

Emily

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2004, 10:04:55 AM »

Merry Christmas Hainsies and Kimlets!!!

I would answer the TOD but I HAVEN'T OPENED PRESENTS YET!!!

My older sister had a pie emergency and we have to wait for her to get here before we dive into the wrapping paper.

:(
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

Well, last night's partaay sounds like a great success.  Thanks for posting the great photos.  Mr. Spirtas looks even more delightful in the group photo, than in any photo I have ever seen of him before.  And, pal, Mark, ain't bad either.

It was a wonderful surprise to wake up to find thirteen partially-clad Australian football players under my Christmas tree.  Okay, maybe it was a calendar, but it was still nice.  Who says that thirteen is unlucky?

I wonder who could have been so kind to Scrooge???

« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 10:23:20 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2004, 10:25:17 AM »

Far be it from me not to honor a long-standing tradition of Christmas (Jewish division) today, Dear Readers.  I shall sojourn to the County of Orange this afternoon and take the Dear Mother out for Chinese food.  We'll be going to a terrific (and ridiculously inexpensive) dim sum restaurant in Irvine called Sam Woo's.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 10:56:31 AM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2004, 10:52:39 AM »

Far be it from me to not honor a long-standing tradition of Christmas (Jewish division) today, Dear Readers.  I shall sojourn to the County of Orange this afternoon and take the Dear Mother out for Chinese food.  

Indeed, Chinese food at Christmas (not in bed) goes back to Moses.
It's a little known fact that there was a THIRD tablet brought down from Mount Sinai --  a take-out menu.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2004, 11:25:29 AM »

It's a little known fact that there was a THIRD tablet brought down from Mount Sinai --  a take-out menu.

I also believe that Mount Sinai had
the only pay phone available for ordering.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2004, 11:26:32 AM »

Good holiday spirit, everybody!

Joshie got a new feather boa for Christmas. He entertained us all with it for quite some time.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2004, 11:27:51 AM »

To borrow a quote from Mr. Claus himself:  "Oy, vey, am I schvitzing from exhaustion."  Up late last night and up very early this morning to play yet another service.  In the freezing cold.

We're probably going to take the kids to see Lemony Snicket, then, in a slight variation on a theme, get Thai food.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 11:29:09 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2004, 11:27:58 AM »

And here's another shot. Isn't he adorable?

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2004, 11:31:12 AM »

A Christmas tradition in our family is for my brother to stick a stick-on bow to my forehead. It stays there until it falls off, usually around New Year's Eve.

This year it is a big silvery bow. It's very pretty.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2004, 11:39:17 AM »

A Christmas tradition in our family is for my brother to stick a stick-on bow to my forehead. It stays there until it falls off, usually around New Year's Eve.

This year it is a big silvery bow. It's very pretty.

Pictures, Dear Reader Sandra, we need pictures.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2004, 11:47:01 AM »

I would, but the upload folder is full and I don't know how to fix that. Shucks.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2004, 11:49:46 AM »

I would, but the upload folder is full and I don't know how to fix that. Shucks.

Probably from the 17 million times I tried to resize that piece of music for Elmoore a couple of days ago.   :P
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Panni

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

Drat!

I was going to write today - but who knows, I might convince myself to take the day off. Right now I'm in my bathrobe and hungry. I may wake DD and join the hungry Jewish hordes on the Boulevard (not of broken dreams, but Ventura) for brunch.
I never did buy a chicken yesterday. DD wanted Mac & Cheese for her Christmas meal. Fine. One less chicken to give its life.

Danise

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2004, 11:54:44 AM »

Is that the same as the story of the 4th Wiseman?  He isn't very well known.  You see, he came bearing fruit cake!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2004, 11:56:53 AM »

And that same fruitcake has been passed around ever since. I think we had it one year.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2004, 12:01:32 PM »

Our upload folder is full again?  I'll have Mr. Mark Bakalor do another purge if it is - but that could take a few days, so it wouldn't hurt if a few of you went back to past posts (if you know where you posted a bunch of photos) and nuked some of them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2004, 12:02:27 PM »

At eight-fifteen or so I got back into bed and finished watching Dial M for Murder in the bedroom DVD player.  That finished at nine-fifteen and then I promptly fell asleep until just now.  

Danise

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2004, 12:04:36 PM »

Merry Christmas, BK!  Does a gif count as far as the upload folder goes?  If so, I'll go nuke the ones I've posted.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

Good morning.  I can't believe I'm up this early, but I think I should not have had that extra bit of spaghetti before bed.  But, up I am.  I've already opened one present, and it was actually a belated birthday gift from the Pogues - a nifty baseball hat from the actual Globe Theater.

Cool!  I didn't know that they had baseball hats in Shakespeare's time! ;) ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up