Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE AVOIDANCE OF CHRISTMAS POST PARTUM DEPRESSION  (Read 23530 times)

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE AVOIDANCE OF CHRISTMAS POST PARTUM DEPRESSION
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2004, 11:44:04 PM »

Well, I love my Apple iBook, but I detest change. So, I'm not much help, am I?
And Happy Holidays, everyone!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2004, 11:44:56 PM »

I don't really know anything about Macs, except that the mouse doesn't have left and right buttons.  And they don't minimize and maximize exactly the same way.  And that there are so many more programs for Windows that Mac.  But if you enjoyed trying it at the store, you might check to see if there is a grace period where you might be able to return it if you hate it.  Or if you know anyone who has one that would let you play on it for a while.  Just a suggestion.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2004, 11:46:12 PM »

The Apple Powerbook looks amazing, is really thin, and can do so much that the PC can't touch - editing movies, iTunes, all sorts of fun stuff.  So, I think that disliking change is not really a great reason for not giving it a chance. As long as you have a good Mac professional available to help you through the changeover and answer questions along the way, you should be fine. Macs are very easy to adjust to. Very user-friendly. DD switched over to a Mac from a PC and she says it took her a couple of days to get used to it. Her boyfriend, a devoted PC man, switched over recently and says it's the best decision he ever made.
Also, the Mac store at the Grove has a free class called "Switch at 6" which is all about switching from PCs to Macs. They also have free classes throughout the week about using all the different programs. The Mac desktop, BTW, can be made to look like a Windows desktop.

George

« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2004, 11:51:52 PM »

Just bought myself a new digital camera.  My digital camera is over two years old and quite lame - not enough pixels, I'm told, plus the annoying problem of the double A batteries giving out after about an hour or two (if you use the LCD screen to frame your pix).  To not use the LCD frame doesn't work in this camera because the viewfinder is just totally inaccurate in terms of framing.  The camera is a Hewlitt-Packard - I don't even know if HP makes cameras anymore.  Anyway, I decided enough is enough, just like Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer.  So, I hied myself to Good Guys and bought a Canon digital camera - VERY small, good pixels, a nice zoom and best of all, a rechargable battery that lasts up to two weeks on one charge (using the LCD screen).  I bought a memory card that holds one hundred photos, which is, I presume, all I'd ever need to have on there at one time, pre uploading to the computer.  The only downside is that once the salesperson had convinced me that that was the camera for me, they didn't have it in stock, so I don't actually get the camera until Thursday.

BK, going back to your camera:  does it have digital zoom or optical zoom (or both)?  My sister's boyfriend says that if it only has a digital zoom, don't get it.  It's not a true zoom.  It just takes the image and enlarges it and it won't be as clear an image when (if) you enlarge the image when printing.  If it only has an optical zoom, that's okay, because it uses actual light refraction to zoom and no distortion happens.  And if it has BOTH optical zoom and digital zoom, that's even better.  But it should not be just a digital zoom.  At least that's what I learned just this weekend. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2004, 11:52:51 PM »

I agree with Panni. Also, I have to say that the Apple people, or Applets, have been most helpful whenever I've run into a problem. I think that you'd adjust to the Powerbook very quickly. Give it a try!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2004, 11:53:26 PM »

I don't really know anything about Macs, except that the mouse doesn't have left and right buttons.  

You can plug any PC Mouse into the Mac's USB port, or if you want to use a Mac Mouse, all you have to do is hold down Control when you click and that makes it a right click. Clicking without control makes it a left click.
As for more programs, that's true if you're into games and computer programming, but for the kinds of things bk needs, he's got everything he'd require and more.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2004, 11:58:07 PM »

About the left and right buttons...I have a G4 mac laptop with OS 10.3 on it...I plugged a USB opitcal mouse in it with two buttons, and the OS automatically recognized it and I was able to use both buttons right from the get-go.  I love my mac...I am a mac girl

George

« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2004, 11:59:07 PM »

About the left and right buttons...I have a G4 mac laptop with OS 10.3 on it...I plugged a USB opitcal mouse in it with two buttons, and the OS automatically recognized it and I was able to use both buttons right from the get-go.  I love my mac...I am a mac girl

That's pretty darned cool!

George

« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2004, 12:04:17 AM »

Well, I went out into several stores this afternoon.  I bought the extened "Lord of the Ring:  The Return of the King," "The Manchurian Candidate" (the remake...I have the original) and the new movie soundtrack to "The Phantom of the Opera."  I also ate at a sub shop that I'd never been to.  I had an "ultimate club" which had turkey, cheese and stuff.  It was all grilled and warm and pretty good.  Then I went to my parents' house and played Phase 10 (what else is new?) with my niece and the (adult) children of a friend of my parents.  We had a good time and I won!!  I haven't won that game in quite a while.  Then I came home, started posting.

George

« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2004, 12:05:32 AM »

And everything was on sale.  LOTR was $25, TMC was $19 and POTO was $23!  I saved on everything!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up