Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DEN MOTHER  (Read 4699 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: DEN MOTHER
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 08:15:04 AM »

And the check is in the bank!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 08:15:45 AM »

Page 2 Dance!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 08:26:33 AM »

When I was 21 or so, I wrote a score for a production of Twelfth Night that never happened.  In 1975, thinking it might be a possible Ohio production,  I revised the score.  I hadn't thought about it in years.  I didn't even know where the score had got to.

About a month ago, my friend Carmon deLeone, who conducts the Cincinnati Ballet, found my full score in the offices of the Middletown Symphony.  He told me that on Labor Day weekend he was conducting an outdoor concert and that he wanted to program works by local musicians. So, he's programming the Twelfth Night Overture.  He sent me a copy of the full score, and Joshie put the thing into Finale.  I am doing some revisions and adding more brass, but I am extremely grateful to my adopted sn for taking the tiem to help me out.

Wonderful 😊💜

Jane

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 08:29:12 AM »

Jane

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »

DR Ginny, at the same time I am sorry and relieved at your loss. I know about loosing a parent twice. My heart goes out to you.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »

Ginny, prayers and vibes of comfort and strength.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:32 AM »

What they all said, DR Ginny.

It was time, but even knowing that, I don't think anyone is ever quite ready to absorb the reality of it.  Take good care of yourself!

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 08:58:11 AM »

Thursday morning greetings...

Dear DRs, my mother passed away at 12:43 this morning after about 15 hours in the care of Hospice.  At 98 and 2/3 she was beyond ready.

DR Ginny, I am so sorry to hear the news, but I also know that it was time.  I send my love and condolences to you and your family.

Thank you, Friend of Friends. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:11 AM »

DR Ginny, at the same time I am sorry and relieved at your loss. I know about loosing a parent twice. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you, DR Jane.  We are in the same week in August in which our fathers died 6 days apart in 1984.  If several people I know and love didn't have birthdays this month, including my sister, I'd really dislike August.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »

Ginny, prayers and vibes of comfort and strength.

Thank you, DR John G.

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02:57 AM »

It was time, but even knowing that, I don't think anyone is ever quite ready to absorb the reality of it.  Take good care of yourself!

Thank you, DR ChasSmith.  In the self-care department, my family insists that tomorrow I attend the papercrafting classes in Sharonville for which I'm registered.  My friend Rebecca has been there yesterday and today and has communicated with all my instructors from those days and picked up my kits and handouts.  She's a real peach and I've assured that her first StampawayUSA is not a typical experience.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »

Thank you, DR Jane.  We are in the same week in August in which our fathers died 6 days apart in 1984.  If several people I know and love didn't have birthdays this month, including my sister, I'd really dislike August.

Sending hugs 💜

Jane

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »

Thank you, DR ChasSmith.  In the self-care department, my family insists that tomorrow I attend the papercrafting classes in Sharonville for which I'm registered.  My friend Rebecca has been there yesterday and today and has communicated with all my instructors from those days and picked up my kits and handouts.  She's a real peach and I've assured that her first StampawayUSA is not a typical experience.

I think you should go.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »

Thanks for the vote, DR Jane.  So far, it's unanimous!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »

We are driving to Redding, California.   We are still in Oregon, the entire drive has been an ugly grey just like at home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:08 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - just about eight hours of sleep.

FJL

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »

Much love and condolences to Ginny on the loss of your mom. 

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »

Much love and condolences to Ginny on the loss of your mom. 

Thanks so much, DR FJL...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »

Condolences to Ginny.  But what a long life she lived!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

BK, thanks for the lovely remembrances of Susan.  I have to confess that I don't remember too much about those early days, so I don't have any memories that I can share. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »

Thursday morning greetings...

Dear DRs, my mother passed away at 12:43 this morning after about 15 hours in the care of Hospice.  At 98 and 2/3 she was beyond ready.

Ginny, I'm so sorry.  My condolences to you and your family. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »

When I was 21 or so, I wrote a score for a production of Twelfth Night that never happened.  In 1975, thinking it might be a possible Ohio production,  I revised the score.  I hadn't thought about it in years.  I didn't even know where the score had got to.

About a month ago, my friend Carmon deLeone, who conducts the Cincinnati Ballet, found my full score in the offices of the Middletown Symphony.  He told me that on Labor Day weekend he was conducting an outdoor concert and that he wanted to program works by local musicians. So, he's programming the Twelfth Night Overture.  He sent me a copy of the full score, and Joshie put the thing into Finale.  I am doing some revisions and adding more brass, but I am extremely grateful to my adopted sn for taking the tiem to help me out.

That's wonderful!  Congrats, Larry!!

George

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »

I've stopped my daily vibes to our DR JRand66, but I still send them out into the universe every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Vibes of all sorts to our DRs JRand66, Danise, Jeanne, TCB, Vixmom, and all in need!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »

And the check is in the bank!

GREAT news!! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »

Back from Gelson's and I just made two burgers on low-cal buns, one of which has the brand spanking new McDonald's Big Mac sauce that dear reader George found - it's pretty good.

Laura

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »

I'm sorry about your mother, DR Ginny. What a long life she had!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »

We had to pull of the freeway as a tire blew. We went over a rock or piece of metal and the tire is shredded. We are waiting, in the heat, for road service. If only we could have driven a few more miles to the tire shop in Ashland.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »

We need major vibes our rim is ok so we can continue driving to Redding.

Laura

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2017, 01:56:58 PM »

Oh no, Jane! Vibes you get there ok.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »

Thoughts of comfort to DR GINNY.

Another vote for you to go as planned.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up