Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW YEAR COMETH  (Read 23009 times)

Michael

Re:THE NEW YEAR COMETH
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2004, 05:18:14 PM »

Brrr it;s cold here in Florida 61. I wish it was warmer for my visiting neice and mother.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2004, 05:20:10 PM »

PAGE 5 Dance

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2004, 05:20:46 PM »

Finished act one (or scene one) of play. Now rewriting.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2004, 05:22:29 PM »

Lots of interesting posts.

DRDANISE - I don't know what truck thing you are talking about.  And I have had my drive thru order messed up several times, too.  Sounds like maybe they didn't hand you both bags.

DRPANNI - BRIDE AND PREJUDICE sounds very interesting.

The MAC debate rages on.

I use CYBERSOUND for my music on my computer.  I can use a small piano type keyboard or my QWERTY.

Good news DRANN!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2004, 05:33:14 PM »

Just read about a docu that sounds really good - THE RITCHIE BOYS - about a group of European refugees  to the US (mainly German Jewish artists and intellectuals) who were recruited during WWII for "an elite intelligence force"  to use their collective knowledge of Germany to fight Germany. From the sound of it, a potential Oscar winner.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2004, 05:33:54 PM »

I just got a very nice surprise.  I got an advance proof edition of Jack El-Hai's biography of the infamous Dr. Walter Freeman, entitled The Lobotomist.  Jack and I have corresponded for several years since his first article about Freeman appeared in the Washington Post.   Anyway, he has been kind enough to mention me in the acknowledgements--at least, it isn't marked as a typo set for deletion in the final print version.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »

On my way to dinner.  Keep the home fries burning.  It's pouring rain here.

Panni

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2004, 05:44:04 PM »

A little storm is storming in the City of Studio.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2004, 05:48:21 PM »

Well... I just finished my dinner.

It was OK.  I guess the regular cooks are on vacation this week.  The Chinese food wasn't bad, just OK.  Normally when I order from this place, the "hot & spicy" items are indeed "hot & spicy".   Tonight, it was just sort of "lukewarm & mild".  Still flavorful, but I was hoping for a little more heat.  However, the veggies seemed very fresh tonight, so...

And that concludes tonight's dinner report.  There will be no wrap up at the end of tonight's broadcast.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2004, 06:08:15 PM »

It's pounding rain here in the Wood of Holly as well.  Tewkesbury will not even going outside under the balcony awning to pee on the deck.  He really hates rain, I'm finding out (though he seems to like his baths well enough).

Just got off a long phone conversation with pal, film historian, Rudy Behlmer, who I had called to tell him how much I enjoyed his commentary on the Gunga Din Dvd and we talked about everything under the sun.  Seems there's a new Errol Flynn documentary coming to TCM soon as well as a box set of 5 or six of his film...Captain Blood, Sea Hawk, They Died With Their Boots On, etc.  Nice way to spend a rainy evening.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2004, 06:24:19 PM »

Tomovoz -- Yes, I thought LAST OF THE BLONDE BOMBSHELLS was great.  Didn't I tell you that before?  Sorry.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2004, 06:39:02 PM »

Just wanted to know if you read the posts!! Colin asked and I said I had forgotten if you had or not. Age does that.
The trouble with the world today is coffee in a carboard cup.

Hope you are feeling better TCB.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2004, 07:51:52 PM »

Ohhh... ROPE! is on TCM...
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2004, 08:03:24 PM »

Some of the best films I saw this year were not all ones I had expected to like:

"What the Bleep Do We Know"
"Polar Express" (which I thought would be an abomination after the charm of the book)
"Latter Days"

I know there were more, but i can't think of them at the moment.

Oh, I know another---
 "Die, Mommy Die"-- a perfect spoof of so many films.

There must have been one romatic comedy I liked, but I can't think of it know.

This has not been a good day.  I'll try to be up to the same level of cheer as the rest of you by tomomorrow.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2004, 08:05:02 PM »

My best to you all.   :-\  (well, I'm trying anyway).
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2004, 08:06:49 PM »

Thoughts are with you DR Kerry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2004, 08:17:28 PM »

I got around to SPIDER-MAN 2 tonight. It was fine. Probably better than the first since we didn't have to go through the tedious backstory, and the bad guy was a bit more interesting in the new one.

I surely was surprised that so many people now know the identity of Spider-man. Is this true also in the comic books? (I was not a Marvel comic reader. It was DC comics for me all the way.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2004, 08:21:58 PM »

I have not a clue which movie I'll pick out to view tomorrow, but since it looks like I have no lunch or dinner plans with anyone, I'll be home all day and thus a couple of DVDs can be watched.

I guess I'll be working my way through THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW Season 4 box since I finished with the first disc in the set today. I also have some more STAR TREK episodes to get through. These are always good for filling in small amounts of time before a television program comes on. But I want at least one REAL movie tomorrow. Just don't know which one yet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2004, 08:28:37 PM »

Re: the McDonalds thing

I would tell either THAT restaurant or call the 1-800 # and let them know.

But, (and this might be a stupid question) ... if all you guys know they make mistakes, then why not check your order before you leave.   This would seem like a must.

Oh excitement tomorrow.  I must go to my favorite store (the one where I always get into fistfights with the help) and get back extra money on my bill.  The interesting part will be at there is a big ad in the paper with the discount, but no mention of said discount in the store.  Can't wait.

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2004, 09:09:29 PM »

I am currently shopping for an all -region code DVD player...boy the prices are not bad at all! I am steering towards a JVC, but if any DRs have recommendations please do let me know. www.220-electronics.com is having a big sale that ends on Sunday!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 09:13:03 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2004, 09:10:57 PM »

DR Kerry, I hope tomorrow goes better for you! Did you get my e-mail about the books??!! They are great!! (DR Kerry sent me a big-load of movie related books!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2004, 09:11:25 PM »

Great News, DR Ann!  Continuous Vibes coming your way until the whole cyst thing is gone!

Remind me someday to tell the story of the fatty cyst in my forearm and of the night I amused a bar full of people with it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2004, 09:12:03 PM »

I saw The Aviator today, Dear Readers.  Interesting film and I liked Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes much more than I thought I would.  You can add Miss Cate Blanchett to my list of earlier today (under the supporting actress category) for her turn as Miss Kate Hepburn.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2004, 09:18:05 PM »

I am currently shopping for an all -region code DVD player...boy the prices are not bad at all! I am steering towards a JVC, but if any DRs have recommendations please do let me know...www.220-electronics.com is having a big sale that ends on Sunday!!

Before you do buy a new DVD, DR MB, I would suggest you do some research on the upcoming DVD format war that's brewing.  From what I read recently, there are two new formats about to be released on the market:  DVD Blue and HD DVD.  And while most of the major studios are backing the HD DVD format, Disney has announced that they will begin releasing on the DVD Blue format later next year.  

If I understand correctly, these new formats will require new DVD players.  I haven't looked into this myself, yet.  I hope that any new players that come out this year will be manufactured to play both formats (along with the original format we already have.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2004, 09:28:22 PM »

***Good thoughts to DR Kerry!***

Panni

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2004, 09:30:52 PM »

It's raining pretty heavily. Abie is not a big fan of the rain. We won't be taking a long stroll tonight, that's for sure.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2004, 09:36:12 PM »

Clear skies here, right now, with a blazing white full moon.  At this rate, the snow we got yesterday won't last the week.

Which is quite all right, for now.  Der B never did get me my show shovel.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2004, 09:38:20 PM »

Congratulations to JMK - maybe at last the truth is getting out....if people want to read it.  

Oh I just saw MONSTER the AA-winning movie from last year and Twig himself - Mark Damon - was one of the producers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2004, 09:38:47 PM »

Oh and MATTH thanks for the ratio info earlier today!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2004, 09:39:23 PM »

BTW (Internet Lingo!), my Christmas was wonderful.  Despite the packages that didn't arrive on time from www.youngexplorers.com, the lack of kruschicki, an impossibly twisted Slinky and the fact that no one gave me the LOTR: ROTK DVD, Christmas came!  It came!  Somehow or other, it came just the same!  
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up