Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ACT  (Read 4279 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE ACT
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:56 PM »

Britbox has brought back PRIME SUSPECT, which aired on PBS in the 1990s. I watched an episode last night. It was riveting the first time through and so far has held up well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »

More to do.

TTFN.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »

Loved Prime Suspect. Haven't watched in years. Glad to hear at least one holds up.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2017, 02:38:41 PM »

I've had a quiet day.  The most exciting part was climbing the ladder to put books away.  After my kidney stone anxiety, nothing happened.  I do believe there's another coming on and I just wish it would occur and pass.  With my luck it will happen when I get on a plane in ten days.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »

Britbox has brought back PRIME SUSPECT, which aired on PBS in the 1990s. I watched an episode last night. It was riveting the first time through and so far has held up well.

The Helen Mirren series? Loved it.  Tonight I am beginning the series Garrow's Law, with Andrew Buchan.  I've seen him in Cranford and a few other series. He was really wonderful in Broadchurch as the father of the murdered boy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »

Thanks DR JANE and DR JEANNE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »

As for New Orleans, I was there once in May or June, horrible humidity, plus a garbage strike.
Heat+humidity+ STENCH!!

Yuck!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »

DR Jeanne have you inquired about your rights as to advanced notification on the inspection?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »

The Helen Mirren series? Loved it.  Tonight I am beginning the series Garrow's Law, with Andrew Buchan.  I've seen him in Cranford and a few other series. He was really wonderful in Broadchurch as the father of the murdered boy.

Yes, the one with Helen Mirren.

I loved GARROW'S LAW. Buchan was indeed very good in BROADCHURCH. He's wonderful in this.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »

DR Jeanne have you inquired about your rights as to advanced notification on the inspection?

Yes. I read that California law says they must give us 24 hours. The manager said 48 or more. But when it comes to medical appointments that just isn't enough. I don't think these people have thought things through.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2017, 03:14:11 PM »

Has anyone heard from Dan M?

Jane

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »

DR Jeanne do you have the right to tell them to schedule an appointment around your schedule?

Jane

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2017, 03:47:34 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »

Today, the cast of Hairspray (those who choose to partake) is going to meet at the boardwalk in downtown Olympia at 11:00 a.m.  Heidi, the director of Hairspray, wrote in her e-mail when asking for participants:

I would like us to all get together this weekend and sing "I Know Where I've Been" as a memorial to the victims of the Charlottesville horrors and the horrors that don't seem to be stopping in our country. As entertainers we have a voice and I think it would be a missed opportunity if we didn't use it.

So, we're going to meet, sing, and probably sing something else.  Hopefully, people will be there to hear us and they'll enjoy it. :)

Well, a bunch of us plus some other people met this morning.  I'm really sorry, but I didn't even think about taking pictures.  Anyway, a friend not in the cast brought her guitar and accompanied us on a couple of songs.  Someone had printed lyrics to several other songs, so we didn't just sing one.  We also sang "Without Love," also from Hairspray, "Seasons of Love" from Rent, the Beatles' "All You Need Is Love," and a other song that I can't remember anymore. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »

Several people walking by stopped to listen and looked like they enjoyed it.  We didn't have signs of any kind, so I would think that people just thought that we were a bunch of singers, which essentially we were.  We were there for about an hour, then we hugged our good-byes, then went out separate ways.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »

I went to Subway for lunch, then came home.  I forgot that I actually wanted to go to Best Buy and get some blank dual-layer DVDs.  Fred Meyer didn't have any and I want to burn some programs that I downloaded onto my computer that someone else had created, and they formatted them for the larger capacity DVDs.  So, I need to go out again soon.

George

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »

Have fun today DR GEORGE....that sounds like a nice tribute!

Thanks, Jrand!  I think it was. :)

George

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »

I've had a quiet day.  The most exciting part was climbing the ladder to put books away.  After my kidney stone anxiety, nothing happened.  I do believe there's another coming on and I just wish it would occur and pass.  With my luck it will happen when I get on a plane in ten days.

~~~Vibes for No Kidney Stones Problems!!~~

George

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »

And now, I'm off to Best Buy, or some other place if they don't have what I need.

Until later.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:27:15 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »

Several people walking by stopped to listen and looked like they enjoyed it.  We didn't have signs of any kind, so I would think that people just thought that we were a bunch of singers, which essentially we were.  We were there for about an hour, then we hugged our good-byes, then went out separate ways.

I think it is nice you didn't have signs, the emotion of the songs should be enough.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2017, 06:22:13 PM »

Betting on Zero booklets are signed - very nice chap, Pete Anthony.  I had some rice pudding.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2017, 06:35:39 PM »

Good evening, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »

My sister Annaliese came to town and we had a nice day together.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2017, 06:37:16 PM »

She found a paper saying Dad had been in the Reserves. It's on no other document about his service. She's going to research it more.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »

I recycled several shelves of ancient textbooks.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »

I also found a few more books to take back, not that I need any more books.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2017, 06:39:09 PM »

Where is everyone tonight?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »

I promise I won't play any guessing games.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2017, 06:39:45 PM »

Let's move on...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up