Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CAMELTOE  (Read 89619 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CAMELTOE
« on: December 30, 2004, 12:01:22 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know what is expected, and now it is time for you to post until the cameltoe cows come home.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 11:59:40 PM by bk »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:CAMELTOE
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 12:05:08 AM »

First post??

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 12:05:30 AM »

Yay!  I got the first post!  No Wussburger am I!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 12:08:52 AM »

I just enjoyed a nice hot bath.  At least, I started to...but images of those who don't even have water to drink kept haunting me.  I watched the ABC special on Tsunamis this evening...such disturbing footage.  How can I take a bath when some people can't take a drink?

Okay, that's all the gloom and doom out of me...I promise

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 12:09:48 AM »

I can't locate today's notes at the moment.  I may have to log off entirely and start again.

Partner Colin and I watched "The Tenant" last night. Still a movie I fine quite distubing. So many years later for this second viewing. The casting was odd and the dialogue does not "sit well". I think I would prefer to watch again in another language with English subtitles. The voices seem
"at odds" with each other. French would have been good but I shall have to settle for Italian or German with my copy.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 03:50:52 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 12:10:31 AM »

Good Morning!

Cameltoe - ?!?!?!?!?!

Why-O, Why-O, Why-O!?!?!?!?!

Actually, the trumpet player in the pit has a nickname for a very nice looking posterior - usually one in a tight pair of pants.  She calls it an "onion".  Hmmm...

And since I don't want "cameltoe" and "onion" to appear in the same post as today's topic of discussion...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 12:19:25 AM »

Last year, when I had digital cable (for a limited time at a special rate), I used to watch "So Graham Norton."  Graham Norton had a version of his show called "The Graham Norton Effect" on Comedy Central this past summer and it's hysterical!  The original version, coming from England, was more liberal with what they talk about and what they can show!  Anyway, (yes, there is a point to my post) he always had a computer next to him and he went on-line with examples of very unusual (and very funny) websites.  One site that he found was all about cameltoes! :o All sorts of photos that people would send to the site-owner (what a fetish to have!).  Even famous people (male AND fe- ... a Dance a Little Closer reference!).  I have no idea what the URL for the cameltoe site is.  And I'm glad I don't!  I work with a couple of people who are living examples of this anomaly. <shudder>
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 12:24:52 AM »

I've just discovered that the last two films in box five of Edgar Wallace movies are in German only - what's amusing about it is that I began watching one of them and I'm having no trouble at all following what's going on.  Once you've watched ten other movies in a row in German with English subs, you really do start to pick up on important recurring words.  I wonder what the story with box six, which should be here any day, will be.  I know there's one film in box one that's German only, and three films out of the four in box two are German only.  I think it's because those films were not released here in the US and the others were, hence they had the dubs and translations already done.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 12:27:36 AM »

As for discoveries over the past year:

All the various goodies in BK's storage space.  -Hmm, that almost sounds a little... well... Well... ;)

Butter Pecan panna cotta at Six-Burner in Richmond.

Grappa at Becco in New York City.  Be sure to try the pineapple and pear varieties.

The tamales being sold by the señoras at the top of the Vermont/Sunset and MacArthur Park Metro stations in LA.

Avenue Q - Who knew puppets could make me laugh and cry?

HainesHisWay.com - The Notes.  The posts.  The laughs.  The observations.  The recipes.  The news clippings.  The pictures.  The Vibes.  The Family.

The magic of the movies.  I've seen more movies this year than I have in a long time.  And, comparatively, I really didn't see that many.  But it was nice going to the movies again.

The simple joy of taking a walk around the neighborhood.  And the new things you notice from time to time.  Things that were always there, but for some reason or other just never caught your eye.  Or that you never took the time to notice until now.

Catching up with friends I hadn't seen in years.  And the nice feeling that even though we had not been in contact for while we had somehow remained "close".

The "amount" of unconditional love in the hugs from my nephew, John Michael; and my nieces, Alexandra and Alyssa.  They somehow make everything right with and in the world.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 12:30:15 AM »

OK... I want to try my best to get up BEFORE Noon tomorrow/today, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 12:38:12 AM »

Oh, a major discovery this year was the restaurant Crustacaen - many thanks to Panni's daughter for introducing it.  The food is sinfully yummilicious and I had two of the best meals I've ever eaten.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2004, 12:40:30 AM »

First "discoveries" that come to mind are a new appreciation of the work of Victor Herbert and a rediscovery of the wonders of Jerome Kern.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2004, 12:48:40 AM »

In the words of Jane Curtain (the first to use it):  Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2004, 01:05:41 AM »

During the past year, I have discovered what it is like to live with a Dalmatian.

I have discovered that der B's son-in-law does have a useful purpose: to shoot living critters and send us the meat.

I have discovered how to roast chestnuts.  For that matter, I have discovered chestnuts.

I have rediscovered the truism that non-profit organizations often include members who are certifiably overdue for the straightjacket club, and that such members usually derail said organizations.  And that if said members ever get your telephone number, it's best not to pick up the phone and simply let them vent on the answering machine (even if they do use up all the recording cassette).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2004, 01:15:04 AM »

It is Thursday already!

Whew!  What a wonderful party it sounds like.  I can hardly wait for my first theatre party of the year in 2005!

Favorites discoveries this year were a couple of films Les uns et les autres and The Tenant both discovered via HHW.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 01:15:17 AM by JRand54 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 01:17:58 AM »

Over the past few nights GAME SHOW NETWORK has gotten out of its usual chronological rotation of WHAT'S MY LINE and has shown some episodes featuring Bobby Darin.  I can only assume that this is because BEYOND THE SEA is opening.  Two shows with Darin as guest panelist and tonight's show from early 1962 or 1963 when he was Mystery Guest.  On all of these shows he was introduced as the King of the Heart Fund, and spoke about his fund raising activities for the Heart Fund.

AND Dorothy Kilgallen was inebriated.....it was a bit embarrassing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 01:20:47 AM »

I discovered this marvelous series of Edgar Wallace films, 98% of which I'd never seen.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004, 01:22:46 AM »

And I've also discovered that I need to read more children's literature.  

This discovery comes from the grandlads, in particular the older lad.  He claims to "hate" reading.  Der B and I suspect that the problem isn't his reading skills, which are very good, but that he hasn't yet discovered what he likes to read.  (I'll work on his confusing "hate" and "dislike" later.)  

His mother and father don't have time to do much reading, much as they want to encourage him to read.  They also don't have much time to find out what is available for him to read.  Der B and I, on the other hand, have much more time available to us.  Hence, it falls to us grandfatherly types to do the necessary research.

If I have a personal glitch in this project, it's that I'm more attracted to books appropriate for a lad (or lass) three or five years older than the grandlad I'm supposed to be helping.  There's always something.  On the other hand, the younger grandlad is just three years younger than his brother, so any research I do now shouldn't be terribly out of date by the time younger grandlad's turn comes around.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 01:27:32 AM »

Over the past few nights GAME SHOW NETWORK has gotten out of its usual chronological rotation of WHAT'S MY LINE and has shown some episodes featuring Bobby Darin.  I can only assume that this is because BEYOND THE SEA is opening.
Makes sense to me.  Around the time Catch Me If You Can was opening in theaters, they ran the To Tell the Truth episode (quoted in the film) where the real Frank Abagnale, Jr., appeared as a guest.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 01:35:02 AM »

I've also discovered how pricey it can be to travel on the East Coast.

The East Coast has something California does not: TOLL BOOTHS!

Delaware isn't so bad.  Highway 1 has a couple of stops, a dollar each.  Easy to handle.  New Jersey, however, is the pits.  At each of their stops, the charge is 35 cents.  There are many stops.  Way too many, in my opinion.

(On the other hand, I suppose this keeps a lot of New Jerseyites employed.  It's like how you aren't allowed to pump your own gas in Jersey; they have employees who do that, and that's by law.)

New York has tolls.  There's a toll on the Chesapeke Bay Bridge (if we're heading southward to DC).  Tolls here, tolls there.

Bleh.

(typo cleanup)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 01:38:25 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 01:36:07 AM »

It's past 4:30 in the morning here.  I am NOT a Wussburger.  So there.

Good night.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

The Attack of the Invisible Bugs - think of the money that could be saved on the special effects?  They are invisible!

Perhaps you need one of those bug zappers outside on the patio.

Michael

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 04:06:32 AM »

I had to go on line to see what a cameltoe was. Glad to see that both men and women.

Now someone has to write a song using the music of Camelot.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 04:07:32 AM »

As for the bugs, could it be bed bugs and you were bit "While You Were Sleeping"
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 04:52:50 AM »

Fleas. G'night.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 05:52:12 AM »

Orrrrrrrrrrrr...some rrrrare disease........

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 06:21:45 AM »

Orrrrrrrrrrrr...some rrrrare disease........

nice West Side Story reference!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 06:24:08 AM »

And I've also discovered that I need to read more children's literature.  

he hasn't yet discovered what he likes to read.

If I have a personal glitch in this project, it's that I'm more attracted to books appropriate for a lad (or lass) three or five years older than the grandlad I'm supposed to be helping.  

How old is the lad in question?  I have an  eleven year old who loves to read, and I try to read all her books along with her (or preferably before her)  maybe I can suggest a few titles?

vixmom

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004, 06:26:46 AM »

here is a website for those in need of cameltoe

http://www.camel-toe.net/cameltoecup.htm

vixmom

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004, 06:27:37 AM »

I have made my contribution for the day, I must now go and be diligent about my employment obligations

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up