Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CAMELTOE  (Read 91283 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:CAMELTOE
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2004, 11:14:36 AM »

And I do believe I spoke out whilst in the restaurant about all the pretentious peckerheads seated around us.

Yes, you did - but in reality there was nobody seated around us. They knew we were interlopers, spies from the lowly Valley, and seated us next to the hallway to the restrooms, in a corner with potted plants surrounding us - like something out of a Peter Sellers movie.
Our own private little island of garlic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2004, 11:19:48 AM »

No, I meant the first time, when seated upstairs, amidst all the plastic surgery and people answering their cell phones whilst dining.

Panni

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2004, 11:25:35 AM »

I forgot to add that there was a huge portrait of the family who owns the restaurant right behind us, staring at us through the meal.
The location of the table reminded me to the "Special Table" that a certain well-known Canadian actor, now deceased, always demanded at the Windsor Arms, a very upscale hotel-restaurant in Toronto, frequented by the "in" show biz crowd from around the world. He was proud of the fact that a joint this classy had a table just for him. What he didn't seem to notice was that "his" was the table right next to the Restrooms.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 11:33:26 AM by Panni »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2004, 11:25:43 AM »

Actually the hoi polloi is the common people, the herd, the great unwashed, the masses.

Did you mean hoity-toity...?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 11:28:43 AM by Charles Pogue »

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2004, 11:30:54 AM »

Hmmm, DR Panni that reality tv cartoon sounds right up my alley.  But we don't get the comedy network. :(

Panni

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2004, 11:31:44 AM »

No, I meant the first time, when seated upstairs, amidst all the plastic surgery and people answering their cell phones whilst dining.

Oh yes, that was charming.
You made some rather interesting and loud comments. (With which I agreed.) Some colorful words (not cameltoe - but starting with the same letter) were brought into play.  
Now I know why they seated us behind plants on the second visit! ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2004, 11:33:20 AM »

I love seafood and garlic!

Btw, speaking of food, has anybody tried grilling frozen french fries?  I was just in the mood for fries (i just typed that 3 times, first i typed friends, then friens) with the ribs I made.  So I took out my George Foreman type grill.  And put some seasonings.  And they were so good!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2004, 11:34:57 AM »

Still looking for a gift for that special someone... or even for yourself... Very appropriate for this time of year...

-Courtesy of today's Washington Post:

Slacker Tracker

By Jeff Turrentine
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, December 30, 2004; Page H03

Are we sure this is a good idea? If the problem is weakness about New Year's resolutions, is the answer really to rely on a logbook in which we must resolve to track -- daily and in great detail -- our progress toward fulfilling all those other resolutions we're in danger of breaking?

On the one hand, it's kind of cruel. On the other, it's kind of cool, this slim, spiral-bound enforcer of follow-through. Divided into three main sections, the resolution tracker allows you to chronicle your progress, calculate a reward strategy, and -- of greatest utility to slackers -- justify your lapses, even going so far as to provide a checklist of handy emotional excuses. (Hey, you were probably just feeling "unloved," "manic" or "overwhelmed" on that particular day. Check, check and check.)

Available at Coffee and the Works (1627 Connecticut Ave. NW), Politics & Prose (5015 Connecticut Ave. NW) and at both Washington locations of Pulp. Also available online at www.knockknock.biz.

-Yes, you can click on the above image. And there are some other fun items available from Knock Knock.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2004, 11:36:09 AM »

Can someone email me and tell me what cameltoe is please (so I don't have to go to the adult sites I get when I do a search). :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2004, 11:39:26 AM »

I love seafood and garlic!

Btw, speaking of food, has anybody tried grilling frozen french fries?  I was just in the mood for fries (i just typed that 3 times, first i typed friends, then friens) with the ribs I made.  So I took out my George Foreman type grill.  And put some seasonings.  And they were so good!

...And just remember that in a pinch, an iron - no steam necessary - is perfect for reheating some leftover pizza!  It's ergonomically shaped for the process too!

;)

-Reminds of that cookbook that was out a few years ago, something along the lines of "The Coffee Maker Cookbook".  The author had come up with a bunch of recipes/meals that could be prepared in a Mr. Coffee.  Quite a fun read.  I never tried any of the recipes/methods on my own.

...Never...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2004, 11:39:59 AM »

Re Hoi polloi vs. hoity-toity... I'm an equal opportunity curtsey-er. Be it the unwashed hoi polloi or hoity-toity gents and dames, I back out of the room and curtsey.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2004, 11:40:57 AM »

I have seen DRAWN TOGETHER. It follows SOUTH PARK...a truly funny and smart cartoon show.  

I found DRAWN TOGETHER, of which I've seen about three episodes, to be rather smarmy and sleazy, filled mostly cheap, gratitious, and easy sex jokes and smutty humour.  And this is coming from a guy who has no problem with low-brow or off-colour humour at all.  But this show, while there may be a laugh here or there, I found somewhat offensive and I felt like I wanted to take a bath after watching it.

Panni

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2004, 11:43:29 AM »

Okay. One less show to watch.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2004, 11:44:21 AM »

I stand corrected DR CP.....that is what happens when you get your vocabulary from Three Stooges shorts.  And I will be looking forward to your precis etc about the Ibsen plays that I, too, had not heard of, but they sound fascinating.

THE AQUA TEEN FORCE consists of French Fries, a Shake, and a Meatball and I don't find them funny....I can't understand a word the Meatball says.  But I do like SeaLab 2021 - so sometimes I get stuck watching AQUA TEEN FORCE.

As for DRAWN TOGETHER.....it's another show I don't think is very funny.  The concept is.....yes....but the execution is something else.  I laugh at SOUTH PARK and its crude humor, but DT just seems to belabor the point that it is being "shocking" and isn't really nearly as clever.  IMHO....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2004, 11:44:37 AM »

Fun as this is, I must write and rewrite and then write some more. Laters!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2004, 11:45:43 AM »

And one less egg to fry.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2004, 11:47:15 AM »

Of course, most real reality shows (which, of course, aren't really real either...how real can anything be when you know a camera may be on you), I find smarmy, offensive, and sleazy too...and want to take a bath after watching them...which is why I don't (watch them, not bathe...)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2004, 11:47:40 AM »

I watched a bit of POINT BLANK last night on TCM.  You know, when Angie Dickinson had a real part and a director, she was okay.  And I have to say, she is one stunner of a gal!

Anybody ever meet her or work with her?  Who wrote that jazzy theme for POLICE WOMAN....Pepper Anderson took no guff from nobody!

Charles Pogue

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2004, 11:54:25 AM »

JRand54, excellent critique of DRAWN TOGETHER. Laboured and forced and tries too hard to be shocking.  Not clever.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2004, 11:54:45 AM »

Actually the hoi polloi is the common people...

I'll let JRand slide, but you're a pro:

"the hoi polloi" is rendundant! "Hoi polloi" is Greek for "the common people".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2004, 11:59:31 AM »

Can someone email me and tell me what cameltoe is please (so I don't have to go to the adult sites I get when I do a search). :)

Delicately put, it's slang for a women's crotch (see "fuzzy clam').

der font-of-knowledge Brucer

Charles Pogue

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2004, 12:01:56 PM »

More specifically doesn't it mean the impression made when a lady is wearing a too-tight-pair of slacks?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 12:26:41 PM by Charles Pogue »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2004, 12:06:44 PM »

Gangrene chat?  Lovely dinner conversation!  Bon appetit!  

LOL.  I'm a doctor's daughter and thought the conversation sounded very interesting.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 12:07:05 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

I do agree about Beverly Hills, and I do hate driving there,

You are so sweet to have never told me that! :D

Jane

« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2004, 12:16:23 PM »

DRLaura thankfully Bogie is doing very well.  One trauma at a time is enough. ::)

This morning I changed my plans and took Echo on a lovely hike.  We met lots of nice people and dogs. :D

Jose does your food taste better now?

Jennifer, nice pics.

Now I’m going to soak in my new tub.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2004, 12:22:33 PM »

Looks familiar - maybe it's the hat!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2004, 12:27:58 PM »

More specifically doesn't it mean the impression made when a lady is wearing a too-tight-part of slacks?

Well, if the web is to be be believed, it can apply to men as well as women.

For an exhaustive treatment go to The Camel Toe Report

They even sell hats!

I am der Brucer, and I do not approve of this topic

Tomovoz

« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

Welcome back RLP
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2004, 12:44:21 PM »

Well, if the web is to be be believed, it can apply to men as well as women.

For an exhaustive treatment go to The Camel Toe Report

They even sell hats!

I am der Brucer, and I do not approve of this topic

You guys!  You're all gonna get me fired!  Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided I had to find out what a cameltoe was...little did I know!  I'm at my boss' computer here!  Good thing I know how to delete the web history... ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2004, 12:47:33 PM »

NOW IT CAN BE TOLD!

Top Scientists Warn: Sea Gods Angry  

Washington, DC - Pointing to the devastating weekend Indian Ocean tsunami that left over 24,000 dead, an international blue ribbon committee of climatologists and ecoscientists today issued a stark warning that man-made pollutants have increasingly "make water spirits angry."

The blunt conclusion prefaced a 2300 page meta-analysis of hundreds of scientific studies and computer models detailing links between human industrial activity and wrathful eco-deities. Entitled "Fire Bad: Fire Very Bad," the report warns that the planet faces additional catastrophies unless drastic regulatory action is taken to appease Earthen-furies.

"Unclean money devils anger sacred water spirit Tai-Waku," explained Martin Knudson of Scripps Oceanic Institute. "He now call angry to son the whale, 'make slap with anger-tails! Bring vengeance-surf to villagers!'"  

While most empirical evidence supports the theory of wrathful whale-tail slappings, some scientists are exploring alternative hypotheses for the weekend tsunami. Ecobiologist Jane Geary of UC Santa Cruz points to mounting evidence that the ocean spirit-world may have been driven to gastrointestinal rage by gas-guzzling SUVs.

"Thunder-wagon make smoke cloud of greenhouse gas," explained Geary. "hungry Tai-Waku eat smoke from thunder-wagon, pass giant wind with mighty fury."
Peter Novak, chief science officer of the Sierra Club, dismissed Geary's "Divine Fart" theory, arguing it was more likely that SUVs had triggered the tsunami via a spirit underword sexual encounter.

"Wheels of thunder-wagons wake up Big Earth Spirit-Mother, make to crazy tingle in hairy child-place. She now go to water lair of Tai-Waku, make big angry love on tectonic plate," said Novak. "Big Earth Spirit-Mother say, 'if ocean rocking, don't come a-knocking.'"

Although they disagree on the precise causes of the wrathful spirit world, scientists were largely unanimous in recommending immediate global regulatory action.

Remedial steps suggested in the report include ratification of the Kyoto treaty, elimination of automobiles, volcanic altars for virgin sacrifices, creation of a sustainable urine-based economy, and improved faculty dental benefits.

"If not act now, it too late," said report editor Paul Erlich of Stanford University.

Erlich, whose 1978 best seller "Ice Time Come Soon" is widely credited with saving millions of lives by warning of the massive age of glaciation that threatened Earth during the 1980s, said inaction might anger the spirit world further.

"Me not know when Tai-Waku make wrath again," said Erlich. "Me need more grant money."

der Brucer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up