Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A MOSTLY RELAXING SUNDAY  (Read 3933 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: A MOSTLY RELAXING SUNDAY
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »

Hello, everyone.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »

I don't care for the movie Shock Treatment (from the Rocky Horror folks), but I like the song Bitchin' in the Kitchen.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »

Welcome to page four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »

TCB, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I imagine you're feeling a bit sore today. I hope that's all it is and you're feeling chipper pronto!

John G.

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »

Watching the rest of the Renoir silent, Whirlpool of Fate. I'm not into it, but he has some wonderful visuals and even some good special effects for the time period.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »

Page four?  Really?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2017, 08:45:08 PM »

Monday morning greetings!  I've been to Kroger to speak to a pharmacist about the refilled prescription I picked up at the drive-up window last Thursday (broken toe, you know...).  Yesterday I took the last of my beta blocker (little blue pills) and this morning opened the refill to find slightly larger yellow pills.  Having absolutely no confidence that they were the right thing, I skipped that dose until the pharmacist confirmed that they'd changed manufacturers and, yes, it is the same thing.  I've put Richard and Rob on alert, just in case I have an adverse reaction.

I would be quite concerned, as you were. They really should have included something to tell you that, rather than make you contact them. And you're right about a possible reaction, too. Even when the active ingredients are the same, a different filler can cause a problem. I'm glad you took a cautious approach.

John G.

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »

I'm also not wholly into Zola's The Fortune of the Rougons. I joined a Facebook Zola group that's reading it and I enjoyed the first 150 pages, but then I lost total interest. The next 40 pages have been a slog of the most sentimental goo that I can remember reading.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2017, 08:46:09 PM »

Facebook has now made it so hard to do an event it's just plain stupid.  It was never easy to do the invite part, but now half my friends that I always invite and who used to always be at the top of the suggested friends list don't show up at all.  I literally have to type their names in manually and in order to do that I actually have to figure out who they are.  Just terrible.  Took almost two hours.

John G.

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 08:48:14 PM »

Work is still running at breakneck speed and I don't know if I can finish all of my projects before going on vacation next week.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »

But my work is nothing compared with service reps, who have been dealing with all of the insurance claims from Harvey and Irma.

So someone with a desk next to mine (she's not on my team, but we've done some work together) decided that it would be fun for all of us to make desserts to take to some of the reps as a thank-you for their service.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »

I have also used similar sites after finding pills on the floor of hotel rooms.  It is scary when your pets are with you and what if they had found a pill and eaten it.

I recently read about Jude Law's two-year-old son eating something he found on a hotel floor and having to be rushed to the ER. Apparently, there were party-goers in the room the day before and the substance eaten was Ecstasy. The boy was OK after having his stomach pumped, but it's really frightening. Another reason for thorough cleaning.

(I don't know when this occurred. It was in reference to something else.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:10:01 PM by Jeanne »

John G.

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »

So, tonight I made a variation of Rice Krispie Treats with Golden Grahams. They look wonderful.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/golden-rice-krispies-treats.html
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:14 PM »

Facebook has now made it so hard to do an event it's just plain stupid.  It was never easy to do the invite part, but now half my friends that I always invite and who used to always be at the top of the suggested friends list don't show up at all.  I literally have to type their names in manually and in order to do that I actually have to figure out who they are.  Just terrible.  Took almost two hours.

Yeah. I found that out with my website. The people who followed us religiously would never see the posts of new articles.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2017, 08:57:06 PM »

I've been to the bank in an emergency deposit.  Most of my day has been tied up in housecleaning.  I've packed 3 cartons for Miami U library today.  There's still too much crap to find room for and at the moment I really really really miss Toyland!

I get envious when I read about you doing all this housecleaning. Some may find that strange, I know. A couple months ago, when the building manager said we were going to have regular inspections, I busted my butt to toss and clean. Yes, things got done, and I'm glad of that, but there's still more to do. I need another Pablo! I also need to take the time to go through old files and get rid of what I don't need. It's time-consuming and gets tedious. I'll just have to tackle it a little at a time. When living in small quarters there's just no room for excess.

Oh, and the inspections? Haven't heard another word. I rather think they've abandoned the idea.

FJL

« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2017, 09:02:20 PM »

YOUR MIND AND OURS - that's the name of my new Lucille Ball - Henry Fonda sci-fi musical

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »

I've spent the last few hours in the basement sorting through Mom's holiday decorations, mostly Christmas with some Easter and Halloween/fall thrown in.  Some got pitched, some I'll keep, and most of it is going to AAUW's holiday bazaar. 

You're making progress. It's good you have someplace to donate it.

FJL

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:51 PM »

Feel-better vibes to TCB!

John G.

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2017, 09:07:34 PM »

Elmore, I chose McGlinn's recording of Sitting Pretty. I haven't heard this in a while, and the score is just sublime. 
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »

Hurricane Maria has reached a category 5 level and is ripping apart parts of the Caribbean on its way to Puerto Rico. Scary stuff.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »

It's now officially Larry's birthday on the East coast!  More on that tomorrow!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »

I didn't watch the Emmys and only learned this morning about the Sean Spicer bit with the podium. I found that quite clever and funny, but I didn't actually see it. Who here saw it? Was it funny?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »

Hurricane Maria has reached a category 5 level and is ripping apart parts of the Caribbean on its way to Puerto Rico. Scary stuff.

Yes. The Caribbean has had quite enough!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:58 PM »

I read that Richard Branson was in his Caribbean home when Irma passed through. He was in his wine cellar. The rest of the house was destroyed. Apparently, he's heading up much of the rescue and recovery efforts. I'm glad to see that, as he thinks outside the box (no relation to BK's Outside the Box) and is in a position to really get things done. God knows they need help.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »

Early birthday wishes to DR Elmore!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »

Vibes to all.

Good night.

John G.

« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:27 PM »

Good night, Jeanne.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »

I need to head to bed, too.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »

But can we make it to five?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »

With a little push.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up