Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NON-IMPROVEMENTS OF FACEBOOK  (Read 3742 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE NON-IMPROVEMENTS OF FACEBOOK
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2017, 11:25:35 PM »

Page 6
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2017, 11:27:21 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »

So, Olympia Little Theatre, where Silent Sky performed, has a video camera set up in their theater so that people who are in the lobby or in the green room can see what's happening on stage.  It's just one camera above the entrance, so there's no editing.  They also have a DVD recorder/burner connected to the camera so that recordings can also be made.  Supposedly, they set up the DVD recorder/burner to record the last performance of Silent Sky so that at least the lead actress could send a DVD to her mother who lives (I think) in Guatemala.  I was given the show disc and some blank discs so that I could make copies for anyone in the cast/crew (including me).  I looked at the DVD on Sunday and IT'S BLANK! :o Well, it has the rings on the underside of the disc which show that something was recorded, but my own players and computer don't show anything when I tried to play it.  I REALLY hope that the show is actually there, but that the process just didn't get finished on the DVD recorder/burner.  I'm going the theater tonight and hopefully be able to figure out what happened. :-\

It worked!  I brought the disc to the theater and fortunately there were instructions right there on the device.  I put the DVD into the DVD recorder/burner, used the remote to "finish" the disc, and it played without any trouble!  I brought it home and it played on my computer! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2017, 11:28:37 PM »

HOWEVER...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »

THERE IS NO SOUND! :o The recorder/burner gets its sound from the camera, so either the actors just weren't talking loudly enough for the camera to pick them up, or the recording volume wasn't turned up enough, but it's just video. 

George

« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:25 PM »

I sent a text to the stage manager who will contact everyone and find out if they still want copies or not.  I am still more than willing to burn the discs, if they want them, but they should know what happened. ::)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »

When I played MACBETH, we had a beautiful recording made of the show, but they forgot to plug in the microphone.  It was like a high quality silent movie.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:52 PM »

When I played MACBETH, we had a beautiful recording made of the show, but they forgot to plug in the microphone.  It was like a high quality silent movie.

If I knew how to do it, I could just take the music that they used for the pre-show and intermission and make a "soundtrack" to go along with the video...but I don't know how to do that after a disc is already burned.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up