Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GREAT GARAGE ADVENTURE, PART ONE  (Read 3878 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE GREAT GARAGE ADVENTURE, PART ONE
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2017, 05:28:44 PM »

And that's the truth.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2017, 05:28:54 PM »

Page 4.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »

Good afternoon.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2017, 06:14:05 PM »

I know what you mean DR RLP....now and then I go shopping on my shelves.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »

DR George, I would NEVER throw a book in the trash! But sometimes one must cull. I try a lot of new authors--novelists--who I don't care for enough to read more of. Those books I can part with. I was so glad to find a local library that accepts donations--many of then do not. Maybe only the ones who do book sales want donations.

Does your area have any free libraries?  We have lots in the area. You can leave books there for others to take.

That's a very good idea. I know of only two in my area, but one of them is quite convenient. I'll keep it in mind.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »

DR Jane, I was only cleaning the shower grout, not regrouting. I do leave that to the landlord.

Good.  Have you found something that actually gets it clean?  It is not easy to do.

Yes. I use Trader Joe's All-Purpose Spray Cleaner, which I use for many things. Take a small section at a time. Spray on the cleaner, then LET IT SIT a minute or two. I then use a bottle brush and rub the grout. Rinse. Sometimes you have to repeat. It's easy, nontoxic, and not smelly. I used to really work at it! No more.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2017, 06:33:35 PM »

Bruce, you mentioned getting rid of 15 or 20 boxes and having another 15 to sort through. How did it all fit in the garage??

My mother was the queen of the closet-stashers. When she'd open her closet in our den things kept coming and coming and coming. It was like the magician pulling all manner of things out of a hat. I swear I don't know how she got it all in there. I need to take a lesson or two, as my closets are all COMPLETELY full.

... I found stuff in my storage I didn't have any memories of ever getting.   And much of that I had forgotten I had bought.

Oh, yes. I've had that experience myself. Were you able to get rid of a lot?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »

Hi all.  I just thought I'd stop by for quick hello and wishes that everyone here is doing well.

I don't have much news.  At least not good news.  Still job hunting.  It is a lot harder to find one at my age then I would have thought.  I've had several interviews and told I did well but it never translates in an offer.  Sigh.

I have another interview on Tuesday and heard from another company that states they are interested and will contact me on Monday for a possible interview.  All I can do is keep trying.

I guess I have to let you know about David.  It turned out he was a cat fish.  I would not have believed in him had he not called me so many times when I tried to break it off with him when I couldn't find a job right away.  He called over 20 times until I picked up and said for me to never not speak to him again because he loved me.  He knew I didn't have any money, didn't ask for any but it turned out he was not the person he said he was.

Well, no fool like an old fool, right? 

On top of all that, my tooth broke last Sunday and I'm having to get a crown.  Like I can afford that right now. 

And the good times roll.........

Sorry about David & your tooth.  As for David, you took a chance and that does not make you a fool no matter what age.

I agree with Jane. You took a chance. You knew it might not work out. Nothing wrong in that.

I hope you find a job you're happy with. What's happening with the lawsuit?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »

I know what you mean DR RLP....now and then I go shopping on my shelves.

;D

I like that idea.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2017, 06:39:51 PM »

Jeez, I hope by the end of the week the cleaning is over.  I am exhausted, my head is full of dust and my nose is full of crap.  I have one more thig to do rtonight and then I a heading for bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »

Bruce, you mentioned getting rid of 15 or 20 boxes and having another 15 to sort through. How did it all fit in the garage??

My mother was the queen of the closet-stashers. When she'd open her closet in our den things kept coming and coming and coming. It was like the magician pulling all manner of things out of a hat. I swear I don't know how she got it all in there. I need to take a lesson or two, as my closets are all COMPLETELY full.

I have to tell you that it's amazing how much stuff you can store in a limited space, especially when you box it and stack it.  I found stuff in my storage I didn't have any memories of ever getting.   And much of that I had forgotten I had bought.

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:52 PM »

DR JEANNE I think you asked if anything was going on STARWISE....Mercury, Mars, and Venus are all in Virgo for the next couple of weeks.....things are working against each other, so just as we solve one dilemma, up pops another - if we even get as far as solving a dilemma....

The first quarter moon may impel us to act in "crisis" mode to move ahead.....it might be better to wait a few days and see what happens....things may indeed work themselves out by October 1.....

HOWEVER changes for the better in diet and health, exercise and medicine are all indicated.  Pay attention to advice you get in these areas.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »

DR Jane, I was only cleaning the shower grout, not regrouting. I do leave that to the landlord.

Good.  Have you found something that actually gets it clean?  It is not easy to do.

Yes. I use Trader Joe's All-Purpose Spray Cleaner, which I use for many things. Take a small section at a time. Spray on the cleaner, then LET IT SIT a minute or two. I then use a bottle brush and rub the grout. Rinse. Sometimes you have to repeat. It's easy, nontoxic, and not smelly. I used to really work at it! No more.

Thanks for the tip.  Next time I am at Trader Joe's I will get some.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2017, 07:13:21 PM »

DR JEANNE I think you asked if anything was going on STARWISE....Mercury, Mars, and Venus are all in Virgo for the next couple of weeks.....things are working against each other, so just as we solve one dilemma, up pops another - if we even get as far as solving a dilemma....

The first quarter moon may impel us to act in "crisis" mode to move ahead.....it might be better to wait a few days and see what happens....things may indeed work themselves out by October 1.....

HOWEVER changes for the better in diet and health, exercise and medicine are all indicated.  Pay attention to advice you get in these areas.

Thank you, Jack. Yes, that is how is seems, things working against each other.

Let's hope it passes soon.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2017, 07:14:12 PM »

Thanks for the tip.  Next time I am at Trader Joe's I will get some.

I don't know how you live without it.  :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »

I just watched THE HEIRESS. I had never seen it.

I gave ENDEAVOR  another try. I'm still not crazy about Shaun Evans as a young Inspector Morse, but I enjoyed the episode. I'll watch more. I like Inspector Thursday.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2017, 07:17:31 PM »

Vibes for a good week ahead for all DRs.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »

And I'm in pre-production for my new play. I am also working on an Indiegogo Campaign.

Fundraising vibes to DR Michael.

DITTO!

Tritto!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2017, 07:44:23 PM »

DR George, I would NEVER throw a book in the trash! But sometimes one must cull. I try a lot of new authors--novelists--who I don't care for enough to read more of. Those books I can part with. I was so glad to find a local library that accepts donations--many of then do not. Maybe only the ones who do book sales want donations.

Does your area have any free libraries?  We have lots in the area. You can leave books there for others to take.

That's a very good idea. I know of only two in my area, but one of them is quite convenient. I'll keep it in mind.

I love these. Found a few books at them.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

Watching Having Wonderful Time with Ginger Rogers, a young Lucille Ball, Eve Arden, Red Skelton and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.

Not funny. Thankfully only 78 minutes.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2017, 08:05:21 PM »

MR here is Annette backing her T-Bird out of her driveway in Studio City - is that your house across the street?

No, her house was on the same side of the street as mine - mine is the northeast corner and hers was the northwest, where there is now the ugliest house in creation.  Her driveway wasn't actually on the street where our addresses are, as mine isn't.  It was on the east/west street and the house in the photo is still there and the chimney and its two adjoining windows looks exactly the same although everything west of that is now covered by a big old not see-through wall.  If you hard-panned left from this photo and looked across the street you'd have my house.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:07:07 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »

Page four?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2017, 08:07:48 PM »

Perks and more perks - finding such fun stuff - and I think I'll leave it where it is and as things get bought up I'll replace them with other fun things. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »

I've also written half the commentary and even though I'm tired, I'm taking a little break and then at nine I'll continue to write and maybe even get them finished - that would be a very good thing.

John G.

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »

When is the campaign going up?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2017, 08:09:23 PM »

At midnight or in the morning?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »

And what time zone?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »

Get me off this page!
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up