Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY DRAFT  (Read 2358 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE EARLY DRAFT
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2017, 01:40:30 PM »

Glad to hear that DR VIXMOM is having "the test."  Good news.

DR VIXMOM if you post the photo of your picture to my FB page, I will post it here.  I tried to find it again last night....but I couldn't find it on my feed or on your page.....but you know....CHEMO BRAIN....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »

DR ELMORE - Annabelle has a very BAST look....regal and Egyptian.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »

Chemo was fine today....I am now wearing my pump until Thursday.  When that is removed I will be 2/3rds of the way done with the treatment.  Doctor said that one month after that, I will have a scan and a couple of other tests...and if those are good, I will be cleared for six months.

Nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »

I enjoyed reading the notes!!!  BENJAMIN KRITZER was my first introduction to MR BK....recommended by former DR JMK....  It is a FINE book and highly recommended by me to any Dear Reader who hasn't as yet perused its fine pages.

Yep!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2017, 01:59:27 PM »

Chemo was fine today....I am now wearing my pump until Thursday.  When that is removed I will be 2/3rds of the way done with the treatment.  Doctor said that one month after that, I will have a scan and a couple of other tests...and if those are good, I will be cleared for six months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Vibes for all good things!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 02:03:20 PM »

DR ELMORE - Annabelle has a very BAST look....regal and Egyptian.

Yep! My neighbor Judy thinks she's part Abyssinian.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »

This arrived today and she's given it the Annabelle Seal of Approval.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »

She's ignored this tent/bed for the past three days. Today, when I set it at the foot of the bed, she walked through it and now she won't come out of it.

FJL

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 03:29:16 PM »

Vibes from here in the NYC theatre district, too!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »

I am saving the story of my first crush for my MEM-WARS.....to be published 50 years after my passing.

;D

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »

FINGERS CROSSED YOU WILL BE CLEARED FOR SIX MONTHS!

Jane

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »

She's ignored this tent/bed for the past three days. Today, when I set it at the foot of the bed, she walked through it and now she won't come out of it.

This is a cute bed.  I am glad you found the place she wanted it.

KevinH

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »

FINGERS CROSSED YOU WILL BE CLEARED FOR SIX MONTHS!

My fingers are crossed too!

KevinH

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 04:36:53 PM »

Nice photos, DR elmore!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »

A week ago I heard from the Levi Strauss company who were - oh - disturbed by our logo.  So I responded with a really good e-mail and then we heard nothing for over a week so I assumed they were okay with it - but today I got another saying they want us to remove the red bat-wing design behind the title - that's trademarked and they simply don't grant use of it to anyone.  I think we're okay with our font - it's actually slightly different than theirs and I don't think you can trademark a font.  What they do have trademarked is Levi's - and we don't have that wording or punctuation obviously and if I read the e-mail correctly he's okay with that.  So I'm just trying to get clarification about the jeans pocket - again they don't own a trademark on a jeans pocket so I'm sure that's fine.  So, once I speak to him or he e-mails me we'll make the change and I'll have to get it right up on Indiegogo, which should update any shares I did on Facebook - and we'll swap it out on the Facebook Levi! page.  And I invited him or anyone from he company to come see it as our guest - because I think they would love it.  But there were no threats or anything - all very cordial and friendly so that was nice.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 06:18:34 PM »

Good news MR BK....I was assuming when i saw the show logo, it had been cleared with the company.  This sounds like a fine compromise on both sides.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »

Thanks so much for the vibes from all the DRs.......much appreciated!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2017, 06:20:52 PM »

DR ELMORE that is a KITTY BED fit for a queen.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2017, 06:21:05 PM »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »

Mega more vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »

A week ago I heard from the Levi Strauss company who were - oh - disturbed by our logo.  So I responded with a really good e-mail and then we heard nothing for over a week so I assumed they were okay with it - but today I got another saying they want us to remove the red bat-wing design behind the title - that's trademarked and they simply don't grant use of it to anyone.  I think we're okay with our font - it's actually slightly different than theirs and I don't think you can trademark a font.  What they do have trademarked is Levi's - and we don't have that wording or punctuation obviously and if I read the e-mail correctly he's okay with that.  So I'm just trying to get clarification about the jeans pocket - again they don't own a trademark on a jeans pocket so I'm sure that's fine.  So, once I speak to him or he e-mails me we'll make the change and I'll have to get it right up on Indiegogo, which should update any shares I did on Facebook - and we'll swap it out on the Facebook Levi! page.  And I invited him or anyone from he company to come see it as our guest - because I think they would love it.  But there were no threats or anything - all very cordial and friendly so that was nice.

That is very nice.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2017, 06:30:12 PM »

Love the pictures, Elmore. She's a real cutie.

Reminds me a little of my Benjamin Stone.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 06:32:43 PM »

Starting to watch The Onion Field. Never saw this back in the day. Very young Ted Danson, James Woods, John Savage.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »

Rachmaninov arrivved in the mail today.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 06:36:05 PM »

So, the important (to me) project - as most of you know, I have written MANY, MANY times about how much I love Robert Ward's opera of The Crucible.  It was a life-changer for me, musically.  When we formed Bay Cities and got all the Ward music for our first release, I was disappointed to find that The Crucible had been licensed the year before.  I was even more disappointed when I bought it - the sound was horrible - just bad mastering at way too low a level and completely dead sounding and muffled.  I could barely listen to it, frankly.  A decade later, they repackaged it in a thinner case with yet another unattractive cover and the same master.  The fact is, I was baffled how they were able to keep selling it as I know what the licenses were because it was the same company as our Ward material. 

So, the opera has been on my mind for some reason for most of this year.  And the same label that continues to this day, thirty years later, to sell it, also issued another recording of a college opera production - I bought it, of course, but I didn't like the recording and the cast of students, while certainly competent, can't touch the original cast.  So a couple of weeks ago I began to search to see who owned CRI records now - and found that New World Records bought that entire catalog.  So, I went on their site and they sell titles from the CRI catalog, but only stuff that's never been issued before, and ONLY downloads or CD-Rs.  So, just for grins I sent a note telling the history of my love for the opera, our releases on Bay Cities from the CRI catalog, etc.  The next day I got a response and it was a wonderful one, saying she was happy to license to me. 

I asked her about the other label, and it transpires that the paperwork is vague but she was fine to do the license anyway - a short run of 500 despite that the other label continues to sell theirs - I don't care, frankly.  She told me I had to contact the publisher of the music.  So, I wrote them on a form on their website once again explaining my love of the opera and that I knew I had to do the mechanical with them.  I got a response the next morning saying they  could do that license as long as New World was on board - so I told him the number of units and that New World was absolutely on board.  Until that e-mail from the publisher we just didn't know which way this was going to go.  So, this morning I got an e-mail from the publisher who is giving this to us gratis - no mechanical - which is fantastic.  And more fantastically, New World is giving it to us for free as well - amazing.  The reason for that is that I told them that I didn't need digital rights at all, just CD - so she asked if I'd be willing to share our new master with her and that way they'd make it available digitally and I said absolutely.  And there you have it.  But I'd already sent the tracks to my mastering guy who evaluated them and felt as I did - ridiculous mastering.  So he sent me a sample track with his new mastering and it blew me away - all the power and beauty were back, all the warmth and air and punch - it was just as I remembered the original LP although I'm sure this is even better than that, memory being what it is.  Yesterday I got the rest and listened straight through and it's just magnificent.  I don't expect we'll sell all that many but who knows - and I just don't care with this one because it is so full circle for me - hearing it late in 1962 at 14 years of age and falling in love with it, and here we are fifty-five years later and I'm issuing it on a much-improved CD with great packaging. 

I spent the day writing the liner notes, which are VERY personal - I know that will peeve the "I want a musicologist's reading of every word and note in the score, which of course I loathe - but there's an entire book about the opera so I refer them to that.  So, it's my notes, a few photographs, a personal and sweet note from Ward to me, and a very detailed synopsis of the opera.  I'm not going to go to the expense of including the entire libretto because the booklet would be way too thick and unwieldy - so I've asked the publisher if they'd be okay if we put the libretto on our site but make it viewable but not downloadable.   We'll see how that goes but I am over the moon about this.  We'll be announcing it maybe early next week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »

Page 3?  Really???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »

79%.

John G.

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2017, 06:44:30 PM »

Great news on The Crucible.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »

Anybody read The Master and Margarita?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »

I started it for a second time. Hope I finish it this time. It's funny, but it's really dense.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up