Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMELY 2005  (Read 53672 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:NAMELY 2005
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2005, 05:58:10 PM »

Sandra and DRLaura how many cats do you have?  At first I thought you just had Tumbly, the big furry cat.  Now I see Sasha, and appears there is a matching cat on the couch with her.  I believe Joshie is the rescue cat that was recently shown ripping apart a feather boa.  Am I correct which cat is which?

After I had collected four cats Keith purchased a t-shirt for me that said “you can never have too many cats”.  I wore that shirt for years.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »

We have three cats: Tumbly, Sasha, and Joshie. That thing on the couch with Sasha is a lovely leopard-spotted pillow.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2005, 06:04:23 PM »

LOL.  And my family said the feather boa Joshi destroyed looked like a matching cat. ;D

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2005, 06:15:19 PM »

No, our cats don't match very well. We didn't get them as a set. But Sasha has sort of adopted Joshie. She mothers him just like he was her kitten. They don't look anything like each other. It's precious.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2005, 06:17:48 PM »

When I surprised Keith with the last two kittens, a brother (Bogie) and sister, I knew he would force me to get another dog. I do mean force as I didn’t want but then I couldn’t resist Craig’s fifteen year old pleading eyes.  Those eyes were why we took home Bogie’s sister with him.  How do you tell a kid he can’t take home the kitten he wants when you have found the brother irresistible?  The dog I was forced to get was Echo, such a hardship.  ;)

Jane

« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2005, 06:18:38 PM »

Sandra, do you have a picture of Sasha and Joshie together?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2005, 06:25:31 PM »

No, I can't find one. We don't have many pictures of Sasha because she runs away from the camera. Joshie, on the other hand, is a little ham and he mugs for the camera.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2005, 06:38:24 PM »

Bill Boyett sounds very familiar.  I'll have to look up his credits - however, I may have worked with him in a commercial and if that's the case, there's no way to check.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2005, 06:43:05 PM »

Well, we never worked together on television, so either it was a commercial or we didn't.

Pizza with olives?  That's not my cup of tea or even my cup of pizza.  Or should that be my slice of tea?

I think I shall reach 8000 postings.  Everyone must be off doing things.  You'd think it was a Saturday, even though it doesn't feel like it.  You'd think it was a New Year.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2005, 06:43:57 PM »

I've eaten quite a bit of Corn Bread.  I am quite Corn Bread out.  I've given over half the Corn Bread to a needy mother and daughter.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2005, 06:45:17 PM »

Danise I hope you are feeling better.  

Do you know Ben Bowder (FARSCAPE for those who don’t know) is joining the cast of STARGATE SG-1?  Considering Richard Dean Anderson’s low profile last season I doubt you will be surprised to learn he is leaving the show.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2005, 06:47:32 PM »

I am wearing Joshie's new feather boa on my head (I'm a little bit bored). My dad just walked in the room and called me Phyllis Diller. I decided to take that as a compliment (Oh, a Forever Plaid reference).

Jane

« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2005, 06:48:14 PM »

Bruce that was very nice of you to donate to the needy.  I wish I could do the same with this bag of chocolate I can’t stop eating.  

I like black olives on my pizza.  It has been so long since I had pizza I can’t remember when that was.

I agree it doesn’t feel like a Saturday, more like Sunday.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2005, 06:51:41 PM »

Keith can’t find the key to our snow blower which means we will probably have to shovel the driveway tomorrow, only about 500 feet worth. :P

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2005, 06:59:42 PM »

There have been people in and out of our house all afternoon.  My father, the chairman of the music department, invited all the faculty over..so they have been trickling in and out, eating delicious soup and bread and pies and cheesecake.  No cornbread, though. They seem very happy.  Our house is very open and spacious and suited for entertaining.  My mother, always one step ahead, thought to bring out some Disney movies and set up a corner where all the various and sundried children could watch whilst their parents ate and talked.  It's working very well.  I have escaped up to my old bedroom for a bit.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2005, 07:01:50 PM »

Was it cornbread from concentrate?   ::)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2005, 07:03:04 PM »

Yes, It was kind to donate to the needy. That would be me. And I have to say that bk is not blowing his own horn - although I think it would be unsanitary to blow someone else's horn - but to get back to my point - the corn bread was delish. Still warm when I had it. The best corn bread I've had in ages, perhaps ever. And I'm somewhat of a corn bread aficionado (we're known as "corncionados"). DD also loved it - although she had it when it was no longer warm - and she's pretty fussy. Her first reaction was..."Bruce bakes??!" But after she tasted it, she was okay with the fact the Bruce bakes. I told her it was not a daily thing with him, so she was appeased.

Panni

« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2005, 07:07:20 PM »

...Not that there's anything wrong with a man baking. All men should bake. All the time.

Panni

« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »

Interesting fact - The Canadian-Korean actress, Sandra Oh, is married to Alexander Payne. She's featured in SIDEWAYS and is very good. She's actually always very good.
Would you care to discuss this in 8 posts, bk? (The "k" stands for kornbread. As in Korngold.)

Panni

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2005, 07:13:45 PM »

I am a frenzy of one. The korn bread has given me immense energy. And I can see through walls.

JMK

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2005, 07:14:08 PM »

Panni:  DD is no doubt reevaluating her brusque dismissal of the intended nuptials now that she senses she might not have to cook all the time!

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2005, 07:15:25 PM »

And I can see through walls.

What all did you put in that cornbread, BK?

Panni

« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2005, 07:15:30 PM »

Geez. A remake of The Silence?
At this rate I'LL be at 8000 before bk.

Panni

« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

Panni:  DD is no doubt reevaluating her brusque dismissal of the intended nuptials now that she senses she might not have to cook all the time!

Her boyfriend cooks. He also cleans. DD is good at taking care of things that are not housework oriented. They have a somewhat unusual division of labor as far as male-female stereotypes go, but it works for them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2005, 07:23:48 PM »

Her boyfriend cooks weiners and beans and sandwiches and stupid stuff.  We are sophisticated.  We make uppity things, like spaghetti and beef stroganoff and eggs.  But she will not reevaluate because she likes them young and beefy, neither of which am I.  Never never will I marry, never never will I wed.  What do you think of them egg rolls, Mr. Goldstone?  Speaking of egg rolls, I'm watching Screaming Mimi, which features the one, the only, Miss Gypsy Rose Lee.

Panni

« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »

Well, I've done my bit to get an 8-post discussion going -- Korean-Kanadian actresses, Korngold, kornbread, baked goods induced hallucinations, male-female stereotypes, Bergman remakes. The rest is up to the Fates...

Panni

« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2005, 07:26:57 PM »

Oh good. As I was giving up, b "never-will-I-marry" k was posting. I smell 8000. And it smells like cornbread.

JMK

« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2005, 07:29:32 PM »

Well I for one am still waiting for someone to explain how the hell ketchup can be made from concentrate, for crying out loud.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2005, 07:29:43 PM »

From here it smells like olive pizza and Cherry Coke.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2005, 07:31:01 PM »

Sandra, please take a photograph of olived pizza.  Please make sure that your finger is in the photograph.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up