Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMELY 2005  (Read 53508 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:NAMELY 2005
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2005, 09:23:35 PM »

As for Olives on pizza... YUM!  Black and Green!  Especially with pepperoni and/or sausage.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2005, 09:23:46 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2005, 09:24:54 PM »

Hmmm.... Page Seven... I guess it's time to dance then... Hmm...

I'm sure there has to be some sort of Corn Bread dance somewhere...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2005, 09:27:25 PM »

***FEEL BETTER, TCB!***  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2005, 09:27:46 PM »

I'm back and am the proud owner of an 8x8 Pyrex Pan.  Inside the Pyrex pan is now the cornbread mix, which comes from Trader Joe's.  The Pyrex Pan is now in the oven.  This is the first thing I've ever baked that's not fish or meat.  If this works, I may graduate to cakes and whatnot.

Just remember that even though Pyrex has been tempered to be stronger than glass, it can still shatter if exposed to sudden changes in temperature.  In other words, if you want to give one of the "cracklin'" versions of cornbread a try, do NOT try it in a Pyrex pan.  That would not be a pretty sight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »

Brownies bake up especially well in 8x8 Pyrex pans too.. Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2005, 09:30:52 PM »

I believe there is a name in some Indian sex manual for how long bk is holding back in achieving 8000.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2005, 09:36:08 PM »

I believe there is a name in some Indian sex manual for how long bk is holding back in achieving 8000.

You can take the girl out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter out of the girl.

:o
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2005, 09:36:37 PM »

Hmm.... Maybe he's practicing Tantric Posting...

:o

Or maybe he went ahead and opened his new iMac...  -I know I certainly would have by now.  At least to get the basic set-up done.  No harm in that is there?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2005, 09:37:51 PM »

I'll take that as a compliment, DR Jay. ;)

Panni

« Reply #190 on: January 01, 2005, 09:38:52 PM »

Hmm.... Maybe he's practicing Tantric Posting...
;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: January 01, 2005, 09:57:23 PM »

Oh... And today didn't feel like a Saturday to me either... More like a Sunday.   And, boy, was I hoping against all hopes that it was Sunday by the time the second act started earlier tonight...

It was also strange which stores and restaurants chose to open or close today.  I headed out between shows with the drummer to grab some dinner, and the place we wanted to go was closed.  So we headed somewhere else.  He really wanted enchiladas, so we found another Mexican place.  We originally wanted to dine at Guajillo, but we ended up at Mexicali Blues.  In any case...

Since we had plenty of time after we had finished eating, we took a walk around and did some shopping here and there.  There were a lot of stores that were closed, and a bunch of other ones that were closing early (and had also opened late this morning).  We finally figured out that since today was technically a holiday, then most businesses would have had to shell out holiday pay for their employees, so...  In any case...

It did not feel like a Saturday to me either.  And it still doesn't.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: January 01, 2005, 09:59:34 PM »

No, I have not opened my new Powerbook, even though it is sitting there, imploring me to.  I showered, put the car away, and have been watching The Iron Giant.  I can't wait for Mr. Mac Man to come Tuesday morning and set all this up.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2005, 09:59:54 PM »

And with one more post

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2005, 10:00:23 PM »

One more wily post, we've achieved 8000 postings.  How's THAT for a start to a New Year!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: January 01, 2005, 10:09:41 PM »

8,000!  Are we there yet?  I'm just back from dinner and gifts with DRBen and Anthony aka Baxter the Clown.  We met at the Wai Cafe after my B&N shift was over and I had counseled Miss Blair about holiday help Andrew who is staying and moving upstairs to the reference section.  It seems Miss Blair is also chasing cashier Martin, who I think would be a perfect beau for her, but Miss Blair needs to decide which one she is really interested in and focus her attentions on one of them; I feel she's letting all the men in the store think she's out of control.  So I did my Dr Phil and then went to meet DRBen and Baxter.

We had a lovely dinner:  Baxter had a veggie burger  (?), DR Ben had salad, pumpkin soup, and sesame chicken, and I had salad, crab cakes, and salmon filet.  All quite tasty.  Then after sparkling gossip and repartee we repaired to chez Ben/Baxter for pumpkin pie with loads of whipped cream, ginger snaps, some festive cinnamon wafers, tea, and more sparkling gossip and repartee.  I lent them the WHAT IF? DVD.

DRMichael Barnum, Baxter knows Paul Haber!  
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 10:12:19 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2005, 10:10:37 PM »

Hello, Mr. Moore! You made it home from Chelsea to the Upper West Side in quick time  (an Apple Computer reference).

We just ended a loverly evening with Mr. Moore here in trendy and expensive Chelsea. We had a wonderful dinner and then pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies and blueberry tea. Much dirt was dished (although the dishes weren't dirty). Anthony and I will view Mr. Moore's copy of What If and then we will watch My Beautiful Launderette, a gift from the generous and kind Mr. Moore.

I will be back on a more regular basis on Monday morning when I have to return to work (ah, well, vacations can't last forever).

Perhaps tomorrow I will post. Till then...ttfn

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2005, 10:11:09 PM »

I just heard the odometer turn over to 8000.  Congrats to BK!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2005, 10:15:34 PM »

And here, in celebration of 8000 postings, is the Corn Bread fresh out of the oven this afternoon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2005, 10:20:47 PM »

And here, in celebration of 8000 postings, is the Corn Bread fresh out of the oven this afternoon.

***  Scratch and sniff #6 on your Smell-O-Vision cards  ***

Yummmmm...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: January 01, 2005, 10:25:43 PM »

I have eaten very strangely today - one slice of ham (cold), one bite of black-eyed peas (don't ask), a little stuffing from Gelson's, popcorn, and nine hundred pieces of corn bread.  I think it's very dietetic.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #201 on: January 01, 2005, 10:25:49 PM »

It's a vision to behold! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2005, 10:27:11 PM »

Ah... I had been wondering what the results were...

From the AP -

Report: Stewart Loses Decorating Contest

NEW YORK (AP) -- Martha Stewart, who built a billion-dollar media empire based on her holiday and home decorating tips, was unable to lead her team to victory in a prison decoration contest, a magazine reported.

Stewart and a team of fellow inmates at a federal prison camp in Alderson, W.Va., crafted paper cranes to be hung from the ceiling, People magazine reported in an article posted on its Web site Wednesday. They lost out to a competing team that built a nativity scene showing "pictures of snow-covered hills and sleds and clouds on the wall," the magazine quoted an inmate as saying.

Each team was given $25 worth of glitter, ribbons, construction paper and glue to build a display based on the theme "Peace on Earth," the magazine said.

Stewart was convicted along with her stockbroker of lying about why she unloaded shares of ImClone Systems Inc. stock in 2001, just before the price plunged.

She is due to be released in early March from Alderson, then must spend five months confined to her home in Bedford, N.Y.

Following the house arrest, she is scheduled to begin shooting a daytime talk show with a live studio audience.

Of course, now I want to see the pictures of the winning decorations!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2005, 10:27:18 PM »

It was a vision to EAT.  Thank goodness I gave half of it away to the needy, because otherwise I would have finished the whole thing (there's still a rather large piece left.  It's not the Corn Bread that's the problem, it's the half a pound of butter I put on it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2005, 10:29:49 PM »

Incidentally, my sister did not make the cheesey potatoes as promised for New Year's Day dinner.  However, the roast pork was incredibly moist and tender and tasty  and the saurekraut was particularly delish.

After dinner we played a few hands of that new parlor game that's sweeping the nation, Texas Hold'em.  I am generally a decent Poker player, but I stank to high Heaven at this game.  As we played we sang the Texas Hold'em theme song:

"You got to know when to hold'em,
Know when to hold'em,
Know when to hold'em,
Know when to hold'em."

It was pretty funny.

I guess you had to be there.

And having downed about three or four Butterscotch Nipples wouldn't hurt, either.

-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2005, 10:31:52 PM »

I have eaten very strangely today - one slice of ham (cold), one bite of black-eyed peas (don't ask), a little stuffing from Gelson's, popcorn, and nine hundred pieces of corn bread.  I think it's very dietetic.  

900 pieces of cornbread?!?!?  Just how many boxes of the stuff did you make?!?!

;)

-Or do you just have a really sharp knife?

I wasn't going to ask about the black-eye peas since they're traditional New Year's Day fare, but I was going to inquire about the "a little stuffing from Gelson's"... At one point and time was there more than a little stuffing from Gelson's.

Oh, and the popcorn - pre-popped, microwaved?  Butter, salt?  Other seasonings?

-And just to combine the two questions - Have you ever had Popcorn Stuffing?  It's actually pretty good - although it would be neat if the popcorn actually popped in the Turkey - although, supposedly, that is possible.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2005, 10:33:49 PM »

Always butter on the popcorn - as if I hadn't had enough on the Corn Bread.

Welcome four GUESTS and one HIDDEN.  I'd give the last piece of Corn Bread to the HIDDEN if only he/she'd come out of hiding.  Put the past away - start the New Year afresh with excellent vibes and xylophones, that's what I say.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2005, 10:35:04 PM »

It was a vision to EAT.  Thank goodness I gave half of it away to the needy, because otherwise I would have finished the whole thing (there's still a rather large piece left.  It's not the Corn Bread that's the problem, it's the half a pound of butter I put on it.

Well, one of the Food Pyramids out there does place breads, grains and cereals at the base, meaning you should eat more of those daily.  So, Cornbread is both Corn and Bread.  Very dietetic.

And for that half pound of butter, hey, you could just be back on the Atkins plan again.  Very dietic.

Two - Two Diets In One!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2005, 10:37:43 PM »

This just doesn't feel like a Saturday, does it?  I keep thinking it's a weekday.  But tomorrow is Sunday, and I presume it won't feel like a Sunday either.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

All right, I'm going for nine thousand posts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up