Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMELY 2005  (Read 53314 times)

Michael

Re:NAMELY 2005
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2005, 06:23:03 AM »

Happy New Year from Seattle

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2005, 06:23:54 AM »

Page 2 Dance for the new year

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2005, 06:24:58 AM »

Trying to post pics from places where all DR are.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2005, 06:28:18 AM »

Happy New Year from my neck of the woods

Happy New Year from Williams Swim and Dive team catching a few rays between events at the annual Fort Lauderdale College Forum swim meet.

Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2005, 06:38:00 AM »

Happy New Year from SWOhio!

My wish for the new year is that we all

Thrive in 2005!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2005, 07:03:28 AM »

DR MichaelShayne:  the pictures are lovely gifts for all DRs. Thank you!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2005, 07:09:25 AM »

New Year's Day Dolce for all DRs.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2005, 07:27:30 AM »

I knew some folks had loaded lots of pics because it took forever for page one to come up on-screen.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2005, 07:31:51 AM »

I kept the one resolution I made to myself for 2004: to work out at least three times per week. It actually ended up being closer to four times a week and sometimes I did it every weekday, so I was very pleased with myself for keeping that resolution..

For 2005, I am resolving to keep a cleaner house. Honestly, with my being retired, there is no excuse to go weeks without vacuuming or dusting. When I'm in a show, I never seem to find time to do anything around the house, and then I pay for it big time once the show is over. Since I did two shows back-to-back last fall, my house didn't get touched for three months, and I can't tell you the spider webs and dust bunnies that found their ways into every corner of this house. NO MORE!

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2005, 07:33:26 AM »

A friend loaned me VAN HELSING, and I hope at some point today to watch that so I can get it back to him.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2005, 07:34:38 AM »

We're going to have another glorious, warm day in NC, and after I help a friend buy some cables for his home theater set-up that we're working on, I need to come back here and clean out some gutters. So, I'm going to have a very busy day.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2005, 09:04:22 AM »

Good Morning!

Happy New Year!  Officially to all DRs!  -Unless there happens to be some bizzaro HHW world where New Year has yet to occur, or where it happens it backwards - ?!?!?!

As for resolutions, I never really made them before, but, in general:

Eat Better
Live Better
Learn More
Love Always

As for a concrete resolution/goal...  Well, I will be making my official Off-Broadway debut in about two and a half months courtesy of DR PennyO.  So, I'd like to shed a good, solid 10 pounds off my frame.  I've already gotten a sort of head start on this "project".  It's a very reasonable goal too to attain - 10 pound in 10 weeks basically.  And if I happen to lose more weight before then, then all the better.  -Oh, and I guess I need to start vocalizing daily too, since I will be - YIKES! - singing in the show too!  *Thankfully, even through all the various indulging I've been doing over the past week, I haven't put on all that much "holiday weight".  Whew!

Oh, and, of course....

Move to New York!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2005, 09:06:09 AM »

Well, I have a matinee in two hours...

I hope all DRs and their friends and family are having a wonderful 2005 already!

I'll be back after tonight's show...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2005, 09:16:08 AM »

Forgive me for not indulging in multiple postings, too, but I simply want to wish everyone a happy new year on this first day of January in the year Two Thousand Five.

Carry on....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2005, 09:25:52 AM »

Thank you for the New Year world tour, DR Michael Shayne!

The New Year's Day Dolce look delicious, DR Hisaka.

Good luck with the various resolutions, DRs.
I tend not to make resolutions at the end/beginning of a year. - Rather, I sit down and have a long thinkathon about what's been happening in my life, what is good, what is bad, what needs to change and what I can do to try and bring about that change. It's not so much that I resolve to do this or that, but that I try to think clearly and reflect... and then see what happens.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2005, 09:37:28 AM »

Happy New Year to everyone... and God Bless Us Everyone!!

Dinner with the DP was quite lovely last evening.  The food was yummy, the desserts were not even up to my par.  We came home and fell asleep, didn't even make it to midnight, but it didn't matter.

I'm not sure of the resolutions for the year, perhaps I'll be back later with them, or perhaps, not.  :)

Danise

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2005, 09:47:58 AM »

Happy New Year all!  

I pooped out last night and went to bed around 10:30.  I thought I would be woke by all the noise at midnight and was planning on getting up to post for a bit.  

Imagine my surprise when I did wake and it was 2:30 AM!  Either I was more tired than I thought or it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be.

Bear was sleeping peacefully beside me so I guess any noise didn't bother him either!

We're watching the Rose Parade right now.  Wonderful!  I would like to go see that live someday.  It just a shame that all those flowers will be dead in just a few days.

I also thought about all the beans and things that could be used to make soup.  They are nice to see but I can't help but think about how some people in the world could use that food.

I don’t really have any Resolutions.   I have no goals except to be as happy and healthy as possible.

Thank you for the world tour, DR Michael Shayne!

Have a wonderful day all!  I have lots to do.

Today’s meal will be a traditional one for Mom and I.  Sauerkraut with pork ribs and mashed potatoes.  Yum!  Anyone else have a traditional meal on New Years Day?

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2005, 10:09:18 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=10]HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005 TO ONE AND ALL AND ALSO ALL AND ONE!![/size][/move]

Re:  Anderson Cooper.  Y'all probably knew this, since I am hopelessly out of the pop culture loop, but he's Gloria Vanderbilt's son.

I am resolved to lose weight, but since that has been my resolution ever since I turned 40 and my metabolism announced it was through with me, it's getting to be a re-resolution.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2005, 10:45:52 AM »

I was never one to make resolutions, so I don't have to be guilty about breaking any. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2005, 11:08:59 AM »

I slept rather late, didn't I?  Perhaps others are sleeping late as well.  

It's a bit gray out in Los Angeles, California, USA, but it's not raining.  

If you don't want to talk about resolutions (I don't REALLY resolve, either - just read last year's end of year notes, I just contemplate and move forward), let's talk about FOOD.  What are you all going to eat?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2005, 11:25:35 AM »

Food?  Well, I'm at my sister's right now and she just made the most delicious french toast, but it's made with this wonderful cinnamon bread.  The bread is rolled just like cinnamon rolls but thinner rolls around the center, so there is more cinnamon filling per square inch.  With real butter and real maple syrup, it's the absolute best!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2005, 11:26:38 AM »

I may just have to make some corn bread, if I can find somewhere where I can buy milk.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2005, 11:31:54 AM »

Good morning all!

Happy 2005 to everyone!!

I had a grand time last night going to a few parties, and ending the evening with our own DR Jed, drinking bubbly and lamenting that the Space Needle Fireworks are no longer shown on our local cable.  It snowed all evening, so now Ellensburg is covered with a pretty blanket of white.  If you can't have a white Christmas, have a white New Years...that's my motto.

I have yet to make any resolutions for the new year, save one...make it better than the last.  It's simple, and covers just about any other specific ones I could make.  

My parents are expecting a few friends over for a gathering this afternoon.  My mother is running around cleaning up the house, and my dad is making yummy smelling dishes in the kitchen.  I just ate a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast.  It was very good, except my father accidentally added an extra egg, so the texture wa a bit off.  

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2005, 11:32:38 AM »

I looooooove corn bread!  Especially with butter and a drizzle of honey.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2005, 11:33:56 AM »

It does NOT feel like a Saturday.  I don't know what day it feels like, but not Saturday.  I may take a drive in the motorcar to Bookfellows, who I think are open this very day.  Or, I may just do the hokey pokey.  Yes, Virginia, I may just put my left foot in, and take my left foot out, and put my left foot in and shake it all about.  Is there a good CD of the Hokey Pokey.  I'm quite certain one of our dear readers will know the answer to that all-important question.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2005, 11:36:55 AM »

Ann has caught up.  

I just like butter on my corn bread.  And Arthur in the Afternoon.  My goodness, an obscure Kander and Ebb reference.  This corn bread is the same corn bread I had at the Jones's the other night.  If only I could find someone named Earl to invite over, I could have Cornbread, Earl, and Me.  My goodness, an even more obscure motion picture reference.  Speaking of motion pictures, which one shall I watch today?  I just can't bring myself to watch one of those all-German no subtitles Edgar Wallace DVDs.  

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2005, 11:37:57 AM »

I meant to post this when I came back from the Land of Disney last week, but in the Disney Calif. Adventure Park, they have an attraction called "Soaring Over California" and it is indeed in Smell-O-Rama.  When you "soar" over the orange groves, it's smells like oranges, when you "soar" over the forests, it smells like pine and it when you "soar" over the ocean, there is a breezy-type "clean" smell.  It's the best thing EVER.

Tomovoz

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2005, 11:41:12 AM »

The Hokey Pokey was a hit record for Melbournian Johnny Chester in 1961.  It is available on Cd.
The Hokey Pokey is called the Hokey Cokey in the UK. Pokey is deemed unseemly. Of course the UK also changed "Slow Poke" to "Slow Coach"
Just to let you know I am here and awake too early.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2005, 11:44:25 AM »

I'm talkin' about Corn Bread.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2005, 11:45:15 AM »

There must be a store open that has milk, mustn't there?  Probably the local 7-11.  Does this feel like a Saturday?  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up