Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FINDING THE HEARTBEAT AND THE PACE  (Read 3274 times)

ChasSmith

Re: FINDING THE HEARTBEAT AND THE PACE
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:15 AM »

TOD

Too damned many to name, sandwiches of all stripes being one of my favorite types of foodstuffs in all of creation.

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 06:39:31 AM »

Another day at the piano is in store for the likes of me.

I need to get back to the fall cleanup outdoors, but it's just going to have to wait.

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 06:44:38 AM »

Had a most incredible dream, or pairing of a couple of dreams, last night.  A true classic.  There are a couple of scenes or settings I can't quite bring back now, sorry to say, but I was certainly at my personal best in the creation of the big scene.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 07:16:59 AM »

I just sent Matthew McElligott a note asking if he wants to collaborate on "Annabelle of West 82nd Street."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:10 AM »

DR JohnG, I am intrigued by this Cole Porter recording.  Can you post the cover?

I will try to this evening. It’s German, I think and many of the recordings are excellent. My favorite of what I’ve heard so far is Mel Torme singing Get Out of Town with Artie Shaw’s orchestra.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 07:43:21 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I have a nothing-on-the-calendar day today, so will get busy on my crafty projects for next weekend's AAUW Holiday Bazaar.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Amy

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »

TOD:

Home:
turkey with mayo, lettuce and tomato
tuna salad or chicken salad

Out:
Turkey club is my favorite, except I don't know why they always make it with three pieces of bread. Who needs all that bread? I always take the middle piece out.
I think the weirdest sandwich I ever ordered was tongue and fried egg at Carnegie Deli in New York. Not that a tongue sandwich is all that weird - I've always liked tongue, but I'd never seen it with fried eggs on top. It was good, but of course being a Carnegie Delli sandwich, there was no way I could finish the monstrosity.
A bit off topic - one of the first times Mark and I went to a restaurant together - it was Musso and Frank's and he looked at the menu and dared me to order the tongue sandwich. He was joking - he didn't think any sane person would eat tongue. He had no idea that was what I really planned to order, ha!

John G.

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 08:24:42 AM »

I rarely have bread at home. But nothing, in my mind, beats a tomato sandwich with the freshest tomato available, mayo and fresh dill on sourdough. And some great salt.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »

From last night:  George, the problem with the lasagna is not  making too much of it.  The problem is trying to make the lasagna now that I am in the chair.  It was  a lot of work to make when I could stand up, but in the chair it would be impossible.

Why not have George over for a lasagna making event, then you can both enjoy it.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »

TOD:

Home:
Chicken/turkey/bacon club....with CHEESE....

Out:
Hmmmmm....I am not very adventurous....but once I tried a Reuben because I heard people talk about it in the movies and on television....imagine my shock and horror when they plopped it down in front of me....and there was CABBAGE on it!

;D

Jane

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »

I just sent Matthew McElligott a note asking if he wants to collaborate on "Annabelle of West 82nd Street."

8)

Jane

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »

TOD:

Home:
turkey with mayo, lettuce and tomato
tuna salad or chicken salad

Out:
Turkey club is my favorite, except I don't know why they always make it with three pieces of bread. Who needs all that bread? I always take the middle piece out.
I think the weirdest sandwich I ever ordered was tongue and fried egg at Carnegie Deli in New York. Not that a tongue sandwich is all that weird - I've always liked tongue, but I'd never seen it with fried eggs on top. It was good, but of course being a Carnegie Delli sandwich, there was no way I could finish the monstrosity.
A bit off topic - one of the first times Mark and I went to a restaurant together - it was Musso and Frank's and he looked at the menu and dared me to order the tongue sandwich. He was joking - he didn't think any sane person would eat tongue. He had no idea that was what I really planned to order, ha!

My mother cooked tongue and I always enjoyed it, after she sliced it.  I never liked it cold or in a sandwich.

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2017, 09:21:16 AM »

I rarely have bread at home. But nothing, in my mind, beats a tomato sandwich with the freshest tomato available, mayo and fresh dill on sourdough. And some great salt.

Yes to that.  Amen.

How about an onion sandwich?  My mom made these a couple of times.  If I'm remembering right, just onion, butter instead of mayo or anything else, salt & pepper, plain old white bread for us back then.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »

TOD - My most unusual sandwich has to be what Marsha, the prop girl, made for the tray I carried on stage as Aunt Martha in my high school's Arsenic and Old Lace.  Our director had told her just to stack up bread, but Marsha said, "Sandwiches have to have something inside," and made potato chip sandwiches.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »

Annabelle will not be happy.  Her new collar and ID tag arrived in today's mail.  She will hate it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:17:27 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »

I've started listening to the Cole Porter set I bought yesterday. There's a reason I didn't know the two Porter songs: They weren't written by Cole Porter. One was by someone named Del Porter. The other was by Warren and Dubin.

Embarrassing.

:o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »

Yes to that.  Amen.

How about an onion sandwich?  My mom made these a couple of times.  If I'm remembering right, just onion, butter instead of mayo or anything else, salt & pepper, plain old white bread for us back then.

Onion sandwich sounds delish. I also like radish sandwiches with butter and Swiss on rye.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »

TOD - My most unusual sandwich has to be what Marsha, the prop girl, made for the tray I carried on stage as Aunt Martha in my high school's Arsenic and Old Lace.  Our director had told her just to stack up bread, but Marsha said, "Sandwiches have to have something inside," and made potato chip sandwiches.

My Irish friend Sharon likes Chip Buddies, fries and mayo on a hamburger bun.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2017, 11:02:58 AM »

Topic of the Day:

I don't usually make sandwiches at home.  But I recently got some (extremely expensive...not worth it...except to try it...once) low-carb bread and got some sliced turkey and chicken to make sandwiches.  It wasn't too bad, just really expensive. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »

Otherwise, I like sub sandwiches.  I like Subway, Quiznos, and Blimpies (the last two are no longer around here).  A local place called Meconi's Italian Subs has some very good subs.  Costco sells gift cards for Meconi's...two $25 gift cards (a $50 value) for only $39.95!  A 20% savings!  AND on the back of every Washington Center ticket is a $2 off coupon for a full sub sandwich (or $1 for a half) at Meconi's, so paired with the gift card, I can save about 40% on every sub sandwich!!  I love that!

George

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »

If you count hamburgers, I had a bison burger just last week.  It was kind of dry (very low fat), but it tasted pretty good.  That can probably be considered the "oddest" sandwich that I've ever had.  I'm not a very adventurous eater, at all.

George

George

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2017, 11:07:57 AM »

That would be so cool!  Good luck, Larry!

George

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2017, 11:09:05 AM »

From last night:  George, the problem with the lasagna is not  making too much of it.  The problem is trying to make the lasagna now that I am in the chair.  It was  a lot of work to make when I could stand up, but in the chair it would be impossible.

Why not have George over for a lasagna making event, then you can both enjoy it.

Sounds like a plan!

George

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2017, 11:09:15 AM »

Yes to that.  Amen.

O...kay. ???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »

Just lost a bid on little Tom.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »

Awwww....

Hmmmm....tongue sandwiches.....onion sandwich....HHW'ers are certainly leaders in the world of sandwiches.

I also like a good fresh tomato sandwich, but they make the bread so soggy, they are difficult to eat!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »

Pump is OFF for the last time....PET Scan set for 11/20....then questions will be answered...OH YES.....questions will be asked and answered!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »

what wig?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up