Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN THE KEY OF B  (Read 75024 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:NOTES IN THE KEY OF B
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2005, 05:19:18 PM »

As you know, I'd never comment on a show I haven't seen.
Children of Eden.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2005, 05:19:29 PM »

The one who was born to be a sissy
Never stop dreaming.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2005, 05:20:03 PM »

Just got back from a two and half hour lunch at Orso's with my manager, discussing the year ahead and griping about the industry in general.  Leonard Maltin was sitting directly behind me.  On the other side of us was a very old gentleman chatting with an elderly lady and his conversation skipped everywhere and was quite entertaining.  He is apparently a costume designer known as Noel Taylor.  The lady was some wig maker in the biz.  Orso is nice enough; but it ain't Joe Allen's which used to occupy the spot.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2005, 05:21:31 PM »

Page Eight Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]The Return of the Animals[/size][/move]

(Jose will know what I'm talking about.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2005, 05:23:42 PM »

In my college second year theory class we all had to compose a dodecaphonic piece, and I named mine "It Ain't Necessarily Row."  Yes, I managed to quote Gershwin in it.  :)
LOL!   ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2005, 05:29:39 PM »

Thank you all for your good wishes for tonight.  it has been a long time since I have been this nervous before a show.

And with a snow storm due tomorrow afternoon -- it could be an interesting opening weekend!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2005, 05:31:06 PM »

Michael Shayne -- You may have posted the Tin Man, but all I got was the Invisible Man.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2005, 05:32:38 PM »

Larry here is the link to the Jeepers Creepers Page

http://www.brucekimmel.com/jeeperscreepersrecording.html
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2005, 05:34:10 PM »

Michael Shayne -- You may have posted the Tin Man, but all I got was the Invisible Man.

Try again.

I see dead dead tin men (A 6th Sense reference)
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2005, 05:39:50 PM »

BTW (By The Way in internet lingo) any of you living in the Southern California area who enjoy good theater (Jay), the Fremont Centre Theatre in South Pasadena will be producing NATIONAL PASTIME beginning March 18.  They originally had billed their production as a "World Premiere," but I guess we beat them to the punch on that!
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2005, 05:43:41 PM »

A new feature on HHW

The Paul Haber photo of the week

Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »

Michael, at the bottom of the page, the very last picture has the caption, "Jonathan Stanczyk's Bruce assistant in New York."  I didn't know that there was such as job as a "Bruce assistant!" ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2005, 05:45:33 PM »

Marcy the Marketing Lady is hard at work trying to book more signings, especially in Portland and in Arizona.  Hopefully we'll have some news soon.  We're still doing very well in the amazon sales rank.

Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine?? :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2005, 05:45:45 PM »

I've been listening more to JEEPERS CREEPERS, of which I'm growing quite fond.
I don't know Susan Gordon, but I don't think she'll set the world on fire as a singer; her track is probably my least favorite, although Alison Fraser's "The Blob" is close behind it; it may be Bacharach and David, but it works better in a medley since there's not enough song to sustain several minutes of materal.  I love alison, but I think she's working too hard to make the something strong out of flimsy material.  One last complaint: I find the cover art unpolished, neither as good as the material on the disc nor particularly inviting to a buyer.

However, everyone else is first class, from Judy Kaye's "sing, gypsies!" to Rebecca Luker's fantastic ballad, both of which I mentioned the other day, along with Michele's "Aurora" and DRJose's topnotch vocal job.   I can't believe that I forgot to mention Guy Haines' wonderful Tony Hatch song or Christiane Nol's wonderful "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte."  I think I'll be playing this almost as much as Mr Haines' solo album.  Mr Geisman's work is quite stunning as well.

Did you listen to the hidden bonus track?? ::)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2005, 05:45:58 PM »

Jennifer is darling in those pictures.  It was nice to see the one of your father.  I always liked him.

Nice book Michael Shayne.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »

I must say I'm actually figuring out things on this Powerbook that I never figured out on my Dell.  Mr. Mac Man is coming tomorrow at two to show me how a few other things work.  It's fun nosing around.  I wonder what Garage Band is and how it works.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2005, 05:49:07 PM »

I spoke with Panni earlier and she is busy writing and hopes everyone is well, or something like that.  Since she asked me to relay the message I have had multiple interruptions from workmen.  Panni, sorry I took so long to relay your good wishes.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 05:54:25 PM by Jane »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2005, 05:49:48 PM »

Jennifer was a smart cookie and a lot of fun to be with in those days.  Still is, of course.  But my most treasured memories with her were us doing Kimmel tours of LA, stopping at all sorts of weird places, grabbing food wherever we felt like it, singing Gypsy and Pippin (her fave) at the top of our lungs, visiting Little Tokyo every Saturday, playing Scrabble whilset eating yards of Taco Bell, and, of course, going to every movie in town.  When she was six I started taking her to theater, too.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2005, 05:53:33 PM »

Nice memories and I'm sure she treasures them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2005, 05:59:31 PM »

Thank you, DRMichael Shayne.  

I wanted to mention that I just watched the second episode of COMMITTED, which I liked a lot more than the first.   Nice surprise at the end.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2005, 06:00:31 PM »

BTW (By The Way in internet lingo) any of you living in the Southern California area who enjoy good theater (Jay), the Fremont Centre Theatre in South Pasadena will be producing NATIONAL PASTIME beginning March 18.  They originally had billed their production as a "World Premiere," but I guess we beat them to the punch on that!

DRTCB, break a leg tonight!  I've been an oaf about posting this all day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2005, 06:01:45 PM »

Did you listen to the hidden bonus track?? ::)

Of course.

Michael

« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »

Michael, at the bottom of the page, the very last picture has the caption, "Jonathan Stanczyk's Bruce assistant in New York."  I didn't know that there was such as job as a "Bruce assistant!" ;)

Fixed it! Thanks
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2005, 06:09:02 PM »

Jennifer is darling in those pictures.  It was nice to see the one of your father.  I always liked him.

Nice book Michael Shayne.

Actually it is not a book.

They are Limited Editions Fine Art Giclee

The artist is Joe Petruccio

This edition was an an AP and limited to 22. I have 11/22

They are also releasing the Wicked Witch with Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead music.
I've seen and I think it's the best of the lot.

The main edition of 275 will be released in March
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »

Can anyone who saw Medium the other night (the pilot episode) explain something to me?  If it's a spoiler, IM me.  We didn't catch the first few minutes, which I am assuming had the scene shown in the trailers of all the dead people around her bed.

What we're wondering is, was something said in the opening segment that had something to do with the guy in jail at the very end?  (The very last segment, not the guy she was trying to put away that took up the bulk of the pilot episode).

Thanks for any clarification.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2005, 07:51:20 PM »

As you know, I'd never comment on a show I haven't seen.

Children of Eden.

Your post seems to have been written for one reason and one reason only, Mr. White: to annoy me.  I don't come here to be annoyed.  If I want lies told about me, or meaningless nitpicking, I'll go to RATM and read Newport.

Some of us came here looking to avoid such small-mindedness
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2005, 07:51:28 PM »

Caught up on some of the posts. Not all. just the last two pages...
Very cute pictures of DD.
Back to work.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2005, 07:57:09 PM »

Can anyone who saw Medium the other night (the pilot episode) explain something to me?  If it's a spoiler, IM me.  We didn't catch the first few minutes, which I am assuming had the scene shown in the trailers of all the dead people around her bed.

What we're wondering is, was something said in the opening segment that had something to do with the guy in jail at the very end?  (The very last segment, not the guy she was trying to put away that took up the bulk of the pilot episode).

Thanks for any clarification.
According to der B: Yes.

But since I wasn't watching the show, I don't know.

Didn't spoil a thing for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2005, 08:20:13 PM »

Thank you, DR MBarnum, for the DVD release website.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2005, 08:20:21 PM »

...If I want lies told about me,...

Noel, on December 12th, 2004, at 02:54:56 PM, reply # 76, you wrote the following:

I didn't diss Children of Eden because it hasn't played New York.  I dissed Children of Eden because it's bad.

On the same day, at 09:09:32 PM, reply # 156, you also wrote:

I answered, being careful to point out that my assessment of Children of Eden's score was based on playing through many of its songs, not seeing it.

Are these quotes lies, or did you misremember?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:37:43 PM by S. Woody White »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up