Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NID  (Read 3287 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: NID
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 06:51:48 AM »

DR John did you get back into your home?

Jane

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 06:53:13 AM »

Train travel vibes for DR Jane.

Thank you.  I will need them as I will have begun the dreaded malaria pills by then.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 06:55:40 AM »

I think I’ve got BK’s irritants. My front door key broke off in the lock as I was leaving for work. I can’t get in the back. The locksmith I called hasn’t called me back.

How awful!  I would say cancel all appointments and go back to bed.  The omens are not good.  If you go out, be very cautious.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 06:56:04 AM »

I finally attended the Chanukah service tonight.  It was nice.  There was wine, which I skipped, and latkes followings the service.  The best I can say about them is that they were better than the Chanukah cookies ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:20:56 AM by Jane »

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2017, 06:57:28 AM »

Good morning, all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2017, 06:58:42 AM »

Annabelle wants to bird watch, Thatch wants to play, and their interaction of him trying to grab her tail and her refusing to leave the window is really funny.

We had a beautiful bird of a blue-ish gray coloring show up about 10 minutes ago.  It was a nice change from all the greedy fat pigeons driving away the sparrows and other birds.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:00:46 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »

The day started off with a bang here as well.

First, we get a highly irritating inch of snow during the night, which was just plowed as well as it can be but we're hoping the bright sun will help to burn off the rest.

I also found out our ailing bassist, for whom we already wrangled a couple of subs for this weekend, is ailing a little more and a little differently than originally thought.  What was diagnosed as bronchitis last week turns out to be congestive heart failure!  He's in the hospital and they've got it under control, but he's out for the remainder of the run.  So we're still hustling for bass players.

Next...

Wait, there isn't a NEXT yet.  And I hope there won't be.  That much is already irritating enough.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 07:02:38 AM »

First, we get a highly irritating inch of snow during the night, which was just plowed as well as it can be but we're hoping the bright sun will help to burn off the rest.

I also found out our ailing bassist, for whom we already wrangled a couple of subs for this weekend, is ailing a little more and a little differently than originally thought.  What was diagnosed as bronchitis last week turns out to be congestive heart failure!  He's in the hospital and they've got it under control, but he's out for the remainder of the run.  So we're still hustling for bass players.

Next...

Wait, there isn't a NEXT yet.  And I hope there won't be.  That much is already irritating enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Vibes for a successful Bass search!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 07:03:35 AM »

At least I'm here to report that our maiden voyage to Texas Roadhouse was successful, delicious, and just too much fun.  :)

Got to go do some stuff, so details later!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »

The meds are ready.  It's catching Thatch that wears me down.  He knows it's time for torture now that he's eaten and he keeps hiding under the bed.  He's just headed for the litter box, so I will hopefully catch him after.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 07:21:39 AM »

Annabelle wants to bird watch, Thatch wants to play, and their interaction of him trying to grab her tail and her refusing to leave the window is really funny.

We had a beautiful bird of a blue-ish gray coloring show up about 10 minutes ago.  It was a nice change from all the greedy fat pigeons driving away the sparrows and other birds.

Lovely 😊

Jane

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »

Next...

All around vibes.

Laura

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »

Two unhappy feral kittens dropped off at the clinic this morning. We will find out if they were male or female this afternoon. They will be eunuchs when they come back.

Laura

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »

I have a very sore throat. This is the first time I've been sick in many many years.

Laura

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2017, 07:42:49 AM »

TOD: cooking and washing dishes.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:36 AM »

DR John did you get back into your home?

Not yet. Waiting in the driveway.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2017, 07:47:22 AM »

I had to take trash to the basement, so I thought I'd take Annabelle with me since she clearly has an urge to see the rest of the building.  As soon as she was outside the apartment, she ran to the fourth floor so I had to take the elevator up to find her.  Then, she got into the elevator and we rode to the basement.  once down there, I went to the recycle bins and she started crying loudly.  While I was throwing things into bins in the laundry room, I could hear her in the hallway crying.

So, I opened the elevator and instead of coming in with me, she walked into the interior of the elevator door and I panicked.  I had visions of a crew coming in to take the door apart to rescue her, the doors closing and crushing her, and all I could do was stand there holding the door open and calling for her.  As soon as she walked out, I scooped her up and brought her home.  This is one experiment we will not repeat.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 07:48:07 AM »

Two unhappy feral kittens dropped off at the clinic this morning. We will find out if they were male or female this afternoon. They will be eunuchs when they come back.

Are you going to adopt either or both of them?

Laura

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 07:51:06 AM »

They are feral. They will go back into my yard when they come home and live with the other wild ones who moved into my yard last summer. I will never be able to touch any of them.

Laura

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2017, 07:54:10 AM »

Queenie and Opal are at the clinic today. You can see that the others are eartipped, which is a sign that they have been neutered.

http://andthisiswhatisawtoday.blogspot.com/2017/10/cats.html

There are two former toms in the yard as well that are not pictured.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2017, 07:55:52 AM »

Queenie and Opal are at the clinic today. You can see that the others are eartipped, which is a sign that they have been neutered.

http://andthisiswhatisawtoday.blogspot.com/2017/10/cats.html

There are two former toms in the yard as well that are not pictured.

Well, Thatch was a feral kitten and now he's Annabelle's pal!

Laura

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »

It is a lot of work to tame a feral kitten. You have to get them when they are very young and devote all your time to them. These are too old. They will live out their lives in the yard, hopefully.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »

And the bird pn the fire escape was a mockingbird!  I hope he comes back regularly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »

Brother is fine.....surgery was quick and great....he was eating graham crackers when we left....and he will go home later this morning.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »

Lots of Kitty Activity this morning....great to read about.

Key vibes for DR JOHN G.

DR CHAS SMITH, the letter also said the new Medicare cards with a unique number instead of the SS number would be mailed out starting in April.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

Great news, JRand.

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »

I had to take trash to the basement, so I thought I'd take Annabelle with me since she clearly has an urge to see the rest of the building.  As soon as she was outside the apartment, she ran to the fourth floor so I had to take the elevator up to find her.  Then, she got into the elevator and we rode to the basement.  once down there, I went to the recycle bins and she started crying loudly.  While I was throwing things into bins in the laundry room, I could hear her in the hallway crying.

So, I opened the elevator and instead of coming in with me, she walked into the interior of the elevator door and I panicked.  I had visions of a crew coming in to take the door apart to rescue her, the doors closing and crushing her, and all I could do was stand there holding the door open and calling for her.  As soon as she walked out, I scooped her up and brought her home.  This is one experiment we will not repeat.

OH MY GOD.  I was so glad to read those last two sentences.

ChasSmith

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »

Brother is fine.....surgery was quick and great....he was eating graham crackers when we left....and he will go home later this morning.

Good to hear.  I'm actually up for that one of these days.  Do you know if he got a "mesh" or did they repair it the old fashioned way?  I've been told the guy who's really great with that around here believes in doing the latter whenever possible.

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2017, 08:16:38 AM »

And yes, I remember they said they would change to new Medicare numbers.  I cannot believe that foolishness took them this many years to address.  The moment I got my first Medicare card I was stunned to see that, and I surgically cut out part of the number.  When my doctor's office saw that, they said, "hey, you're smart".

The FAA used to use everyone's SS number, too.  Your pilot license number was your SS # without hyphens.  But back when I got that (late 1970s), no one was concerned about such a thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up