Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME 2018!!!  (Read 3257 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: WELCOME 2018!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2018, 10:06:12 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2018, 10:06:41 AM »

Now, it’s time to flack yo bed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »

Thank you DR Jrand.  You can see how close we were.  The guide had us move to the far side of the 4x4. 

Keith asked if they had eaten breakfast yet.  She waited until we had driven away to reply "No" ;D

Jane

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2018, 10:20:06 AM »

On our sunset drive, beginning at 3:30, we returned to the same spot.  To our delighted surprise the lions were still there.  This time they were sleeping and only one cub paid us any attention.

It was just the two of us for the evening ride giving us the opportunity to ask lots of questions.  We talked about how unnerving it was when the big cats stared at us and why they left us alone.  She said they saw the 4x4 as a unit but if any of us had gotten out of the vehicle we would have been eaten.

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2018, 10:26:26 AM »

New Year’s Day greetings!  We have bright sunshine, but the temp is -1 - Brrrrr!

Is Richard feeling better?

He’s less sneezy and sniffly today, but we’re staying in as planned.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »

Progress.  I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2018, 11:02:09 AM »

Jane

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »

Keith puts his videos on Facebook in HD.  Can anyone tell that they are in hi-def?  He would like to know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - nine hours of sleep.  As soon as I'm coherent I shall begin writing a new book, perhaps in thirty minutes.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »

We are leaving the WiFi area and returning to our room in a thunder lightning storm.

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »

Good morning / afternoon / evening!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »

Here's a fun stat - number of posts here at haineshisway.com: 1,162,680 Posts - that my friends is pretty damn good.

Very impressive.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »

Yesterday, I had lunch with Margo and Marsha at The Rock Pizza and Spirits.  I had the Peppercorn Chop salad.  I didn't love it, but it was good.  After that, Margo and I went to see "The Greatest Showman."  Again, I didn't love it, but Margo really liked it. 

Wow!  High praise for both.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »

Last night, the kitties and I watched the BBC Shakespeare production of Measure for Measure.  Shakespeare sure sprawls in this one.  Its final scene goes on way too long, and John McEnery's Lucio goes on way too long as comedy relief. As to the production, it's very beautiful with wonderful sets and costumes, and very well cast.  Kate Nelligan is wonderful as Isabella, and a young Alun Armstrong plays the kindly Provost.  Adrienne Corri was a prettier Mistress Overdone than I expected, but I've loved her since she played the clan leader in Vampire Circus.

I don't believe I have ever even read MEASURE FOR MEASURE.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2018, 11:32:26 AM »

"Flack yo bed" is a phrase I think we should all use now.

LOL!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2018, 11:41:05 AM »

My grandmother used to say that whatever you do on New Year's Day is what you will do all year......so I am going to work on BAREFOOT IN THE PARK and be on the computer.......and maybe read THE MOUSETRAP and settle on which role I will audition for....there are two that I would possibly be right for......

I played Major Metcalf in a production (but not in the London production).  A lot of fun.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »

New Years Dawn from DR JANE.

Wow!  That is incredible.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »

Happy Birthday to DW Sandy!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2018, 11:43:05 AM »

Now, it’s time to flack yo bed.

LOL
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »

New Year’s Day greetings!  We have bright sunshine, but the temp is -1 - Brrrrr!

Is Richard feeling better?

He’s less sneezy and sniffly today, but we’re staying in as planned.

Great news.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »

I am planning to watch football all day; and that is probably what I will do all year.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »

I do need to go to the store to get something for dinner.  I have stuff in the house, but nothing sounds very exciting.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »

I worked for a bit on Me and My Girl, took a break and listened to the recording of Moonshine and Mistletoe.  I may nap a bit before I go back to work.  This is the last of my quiet days.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »

I am planning to watch football all day; and that is probably what I will do all year.

Michigan is making me nervous...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2018, 12:04:49 PM »

Last night, the kitties and I watched the BBC Shakespeare production of Measure for Measure.  Shakespeare sure sprawls in this one.  Its final scene goes on way too long, and John McEnery's Lucio goes on way too long as comedy relief. As to the production, it's very beautiful with wonderful sets and costumes, and very well cast.  Kate Nelligan is wonderful as Isabella, and a young Alun Armstrong plays the kindly Provost.  Adrienne Corri was a prettier Mistress Overdone than I expected, but I've loved her since she played the clan leader in Vampire Circus.

It's a very dark play of lechery and hypocrisy set in a Vienna where fornication is punishable by death.  The Duke claims to go off on a mission and gives full reign to rule Vienna to his friend Angelo; instead, the Duke disguises himself as a priest Friar Lodowick to see what's going on.  Angelo closes the brothels, locks up the  pimps and whores, and condemns young Claudio to death for fornication.  His sister Isabella, a novitiate nun, pleads for his life but Angelo promises to save Claudio on the condition that Isabella sleep with him.  She, Friar Lodowick, and Mariana, the woman once betrothed to Angelo, plan to replace Mariana in Isabella's bed.  The next day, Angelo breaks his word and orders Claudio's immediate execution, forcing the Duke's return from his journey.  Before it's over, Isabella is forced to believe her brother dead, the kindly jailer Provost is in jeopardy for declaring the head of another prisoner as Claudio's, Mariana has to plead for Angelo's life, and it goes on too long.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:10:56 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »

Tonight, I believe he kitties and I will watch the BBC Shakespeare Love's Labours Lost.  I'm getting through the plays I do not know well. After this, another play with a bed switch, All's Well That Ends Well.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2018, 12:13:19 PM »

Michigan is making me nervous...

I've got my fingers crossed.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2018, 12:15:33 PM »

It's a very dark play of lechery and hypocrisy set in a Vienna where fornication is punishable by death.  The Duke claims to go off on a mission and gives full reign to rule Vienna to his friend Angelo; instead, the Duke disguises himself as a priest Friar Lodowick to see what's going on.  Angelo closes the brothels, locks up the  pimps and whores, and condemns young Claudio to death for fornication.  His sister Isabella, a novitiate nun, pleads for his life but Angelo promises to save Claudio on the condition that Isabella sleep with him.  She, Friar Lodowick, and Mariana, the woman once betrothed to Angelo, plan to replace Mariana in Isabella's bed.  The next day, Angelo breaks his word and orders Claudio's immediate execution, forcing the Duke's return from his journey.  Before it's over, Isabella is forced to believe her brother dead, the kindly jailer Provost is in jeopardy for declaring the head of another prisoner as Claudio's, Mariana has to plead for Angelo's life, and it goes on too long.

Damn!  I am glad I missed that one.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »

BK was asking about the piano concertos CD.  I thought I'd posted that I got mine, but I'm looking back and I don't see it.  Nevertheless, it's here, and I'll be ketchuping on a LOT of listening and watching throughout the week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up